PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Silverman comedy CDs?

Mr.Admin
09-24-2003, 08:21 AM
I've never found a CD of her comedy material for sale, are there any? I'm not talking about all the movies she's been in, just stand up.

I know there is some guy who sells Sarah clocks on ebay with her picture, but what about a CD? Don't most comedians put out a CD before the inevitable wall clock?

Tsynr
09-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Heh, no shit right. I'm not convinced that she's terribly funny, just that she's hot and sometimes...perhaps, one may be able to get a pass on being funny when one is, in fact, beautiful.

--*ahem* [insert flame here]

Dobbs
09-29-2003, 04:38 AM
You don't think she's funny, dude, she's fucking hilarious!

Remember when she got all that publicity for her joke on Conan. here is the joke:

Yeah, you know, I got a jury duty notice and, you know, I said there's nothing funny about jury duty, you know. Except for the obvious, you know, the "duty" part. But --

I had to fill -- you fill out a -- you fill out a form. You send it in. You're randomly selected. And I don't wanna get selected for jury duty. So I'm filling out the form. And my friend said, "Why don't you just write something really inappropriate, like, 'I hate Chinks'?" And I said, "Yeah, that's a good idea." But when you think about it, I don't want people to think that of me, you know? I just wanna get out of jury duty. So I just filled out the form, and I wrote, "I love Chinks."

That shit is funny. Her comedy is so over the top, so unacceptable to everyone, that it's funny.

Did you see her on Bill Maher's show? Her act was great.

Tsynr
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Perhaps I should clarify, because I wasnt' completely fair. I do think she's funny at times, but her stand up stuff just isn't my gig. I smile and chuckle a little, but not tear jerking or anything.

I also believe that if I were hanging out with her or whatever that I would be laughing all night and probably fall in love (go Jimmy Kimmel!!), however, all I meant was that perhaps even when she isn't amazingly funny, that she would be considered such because she's beautiful. Not her fault exactly...

Fruitsnake
09-29-2003, 11:51 AM
You have a good point Tsynr. I know I for one, am really drawn to the beauty that can be actually funny.

That said, this is a little gem she dropped on the Howard Stern Show. She was talking about some of the tasteless jokes in her act, and gave an example:

"I'm not racist, no racist would date a mexican, because they are fucking filthy."

Wyckyd Sceptre
09-30-2003, 03:06 AM
The fact that she's cute sort of plays into her comedy. If she was less cute and did the "chinks" bit, it wouldn't be as funny, I think.

sizzlingsteaks
03-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing...right now all I have of Sarah Silverman is mpegs of talk show appearances and mp3s of chunks of stand-up. I don't think she's funny because she's hot, she's definitely not hard on the eyes, but I think she is funny in addition to that. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I dared my friend Robin Lynch to dip his balls in his drink, and he wouldn't do it! And I figured out why...I think I figured out why...It's because he knew that if he put them in his drink and they floated, then we would know that his balls are a witch.

agent_PUNT
03-10-2004, 09:05 AM
If she was a guy, she wouldn't get away with half the stuff she says. All the racist stuff she does can only be done by some one who comes across as innocent, which she plays very well. If Seinfeld every said "chinks" it would be over. I love what Sarah does because she is aware of this double standard and she abuses the shit out of it on purpose. I've written jokes that I know I could never get away with, but if I was a woman, they'd kill.

But getting back to the CD's, I've never seen any actuall CD's of hers out there.

sizzlingsteaks
03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I just downloaded a bootleg Hoboken show she did in 2002, it's hilarious. I think it has a lot to do with what people think is funny. I mean, I get that she's being cynical and absurd, so I think it's funny. I wasn't offended by the chink joke (I'm Chinese), I think a lot of times you have to look at the context of the joke. I do agree that if it was Sam Silverman, he probably wouldn't get away with it.

sizzlingsteaks
03-20-2004, 08:22 AM
I think a lot of people are missing the point though. I think she's playing on the double standard that it's okay, even trendy, to make fun of white people nowadays, but if you say something that can remotely be taken as offensive against minorities...oh, feel the wrath. I think her comedy is well-calculated, and executed without intentional malice towards anyone.

agent_PUNT
03-20-2004, 11:16 AM
well said

chucknoblet
03-30-2004, 12:44 PM
didn't she also do the voice of Talia Criswell on Super Adventure Team?

agent_PUNT
03-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by chucknoblet
didn't she also do the voice of Talia Criswell on Super Adventure Team?

You know that's what I thought at first too, turns out it was Stuart French.

3v3+Z
03-30-2004, 05:51 PM
I just looked up that clock thing on ebay, but I didn't see it. Does anyone actually BUY that though??? Forgive me if I'm overstating the obvious, but you could make a clock out of ANY picture from ANYWHERE! And it looks like this guy didn't even BOTHER to make the clock! He just (CRUDELY) manipulated the picture in a cheap image editing program. I assure you, that is not an officially licensed product of The S.S..

Anyway, I remember seeing her on P.I. (R.I.P.) defending her "chink" joke. Someone please fill in the gaps of my limited memory, if you can. I THINK the original pissed off ch... 'er... Asian-American gentleman was on the show as well. As I recall, they did not get along so well. Go figure. I think there was a black dude on wondering how much worse it would have been if she's used "the N word". She said (and this is NOT a quote, so I probably shouldn't be using quotation marks), "Actually, the time before that when I was on Conan, I did say 'nigger' and no one ever said a thing to me about it!" There's gotta be a transcript of that laying around the internet somewhere. Damn my lazy ass. I feel like Crossy in that satanic televangelist sketch. I can't even be bothered to do a fucking Google search! Oh sure, I can ramble on about it for several sentences, even though the actual search would only be a small fraction of the trouble...

agent_PUNT
04-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I just needed 1 post to get to 100 so this is a complete waste. Anyone see Sarah on TV playing in the World Poker Invitational?

Nostrant
04-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Does she even have an official website where people can get info on her tours and such? I think she just uses Bob and David's. But yeah, she doesn't have a CD. I try to download bootlegs of her acts and make my own, but I mostly only find really hot pictures of her. She needs to contact someone to work on her marketing. Imagine how much she could clean up selling tour DVD's, or even a calendar. She's hot and has a pretty decent fanbase which could expand rapidly given a little more exposure. She pops up every once and awhile but then you can't really get any more info on her. She's missing out I think.

kulguyssj4
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
touche

agent_PUNT
05-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by kulguyssj4
touche

that's french for "touch" FAGGOT!

CptPlanet
05-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I'll touch your faggot!

Oh yeah I went there.

Garry Flank
06-07-2004, 12:12 PM
I wonder if she is a dirty-girl in bed.

I like to think she is.

3v3+Z
06-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Garry Flank
I wonder if she is a dirty-girl in bed.

No, not really. She did poop in the bed once, but she said she was dreaming about going potty ... in her grandma's mouth.

tjamick
06-07-2004, 06:44 PM
oh my god you guy's, i am so hard right now!

CptPlanet
06-08-2004, 02:35 AM
BOI-OI-OI-OI-OINNNG!

3v3+Z
06-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Wait a minute! Since when is the definition of "fag" someone who gets off on octogenarian scatological lesbian incest?

CptPlanet
06-08-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm more of a generic sexual deviant than any specific "orientation". The taboo on homosexuality is weakening by the day. Maybe I should change it to "PEDOPHILE" or something.

Epsilon
06-08-2004, 02:01 PM
God DAMN! Sarah Silverman is hot. I think if I was drunk (like right now) I would give my left nut to tap into that trim just once.

There's nothing better than a hot babe with a great personality. Actually, even an okay looking babe who is funny is cool as hell. I feel the same way about Janeane Garafalo. Sarah is quite a bit hotter looking, but I think Janeane is funnier. In any case, if you combine their looks and their sense of humor together and rate them on that, I'd say they're equal.

But 10 years ago Janeane would have beaten Sarah hands down. That was back when she still had that long, dark, flowing hair, less tattoos, and she was more natural looking. Like when she was on the Ben Stiller Show.

Man, I'm rambling and I'm too horny. Let's just say I'd lay the pipe to either one of them, no problem.

CptPlanet
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Can we also say that this thread has gone from unremarkable to creepy?

mad tv fan
06-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I am proud to say that i have a large locke of her hair which i keep in my socks. Sometimes i take it out and put a peice in my food so i feel like a have a little bit of sarah in me.

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 02:21 AM
I stole a thong from her dressing room and I tie it around my dick supertight like a cockring and then jack off for four hours to a video compilation of all her talk show appearances.

3v3+Z
07-02-2004, 02:27 AM
She flashed her panties on Carson Daly once as they were going to commercial. I think they said "Jimmy" on them. I wonder if I can download that clip from somewhere. I think you could just see the top of 'em though. Better than nothing, I suppose.

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Oooh that's hot but right now I'm trying to have last post in every forum so if you don't mind...

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 02:30 AM
Ok I'm done bro. Go hog wild!

sizzlingsteaks
07-02-2004, 03:08 AM
Cool! You got the last post!

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
My empire crumbles to dust right before mine own eyes!