PDA

View Full Version : I offically hate thomas lennon.

tjamick
01-13-2005, 03:08 AM
I was on IMDB looking at the credits for members of the state when i came across thomas lennons.
take a look at what he's been up to latley;

Balls of Fury (2005) (pre-production) (written by)

Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005) (post-production)

The Pacifier (2005) (written by)

Taxi (2004/I) (screenplay)
... aka Taxi N.Y.C. (France)

ritzik
01-13-2005, 03:31 AM
a little harsh, considering we haven't seen these projects yet,

but season 2 of Reno911! was crappy, I'll give you that.

Brain Stew
01-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Tom is a terrible writer. Anyone remember Viva Variety?

The State and Reno 911! have been flooks.

5InchTaint
01-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I forgot about Viva Variety. That really was a horrendous pile of tripe wasn't it?

tjamick
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Brain Stew
Tom is a terrible writer. Anyone remember Viva Variety?

The State and Reno 911! have been flooks.

Anyone remember Flook?

Brain Stew
01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Whoops I meant flukes :o...

However, according to dictionary.com, a flook is: A parasitic trematode worm of several species, having a flat, lanceolate body and two suckers.

I stand by my original statement: The State and Reno 911! have been flooks.

tjamick
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah, and i also ment Fluke.

Tommy
01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
This comes to my point -- I honestly don't find any of them funny.

i_hate_ponies
02-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ritzik
a little harsh, considering we haven't seen these projects yet,

but season 2 of Reno911! was crappy, I'll give you that.

Have you ever seen TAXI? I sadly admit... that I have with my EX boyfriend. If Herbie: Fully Loaded is a box-office hit, I will chop my head off.

Trevor K
02-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by tjamick
I was on IMDB looking at the credits for members of the state when i came across thomas lennons.

I agree...This guy is kind of a chode.

Rabot
02-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I was so torn when taxi came out, I love Queen Latifia, but i hate taxi cabs, it was such a delema...but in the end, i decided not to piss her subjects off, so I bit the bullet...I've made enemies with enough countries already.

stinkoman
03-16-2005, 07:19 PM
A friend of mine once met Tom Lennon at a concert. In addition to being a bad writer, it's evident that he's also a dick.

By the way, smilies are for morons.

kulguyssj4
03-20-2005, 10:13 AM
But in the meantime Reno 911! is awesome

WhatheFLIP
03-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kulguyssj4
But in the meantime Reno 911! is awesome

It's pretty funny, but I think COPS is funnier.

tough actin
03-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Patton Oswalt, as quoted on ast.com, weighs in on the matter--

Lennon and Garant probably wrote THE PACIFIER 'cuz whatever movie studio made it backed a dump truck full of money up to their respective houses. They're both writing machines (they've got two more movies coming out this year) and since it obviously doesn't eat up much of their time (they're filming two more seasons of RENO 911! as I write this) why shouldn't they? Would you respect them more if they worked low-paying, menial jobs until the stuff they really want to do gets made? Do you think Charlie Kaufman stinks 'cuz he wrote on NED AND STACY to pay the bills?

I understand where you're coming from. I used to feel the same way you do. Until I went through three script deals with three different movie studios -- none of which got made. I had no idea how difficult it was to get a fucking movie through the studio system. I have two other scripts in development right now, only this time, I realize I'm playing the Scratch 'n' Win lottery.

What's really tragic is, if a movie studio offered me big bucks to write PACIFIER II: LEGEND'S OF PACI'S GOLD. (In the last three years I've been brought in to discuss writing a ROCKY HORROR sequel, a MUNSTERS movie*, and a live action YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS).

PACIFIER II? I'd probaly take it. And not even for the money. Here's why: in the twisted logic of the movie studios, if you can write a crowd-pleasing, goofy comedy like that, they're more apt to look at your OTHER work -- the stuff you really want to do. It's sick, and it's frustrating, but they're the conditions that prevail. You can spout theory, integrity and what "should" be all you want on a message board.

Then there's reality. Toodles!

Personally, I saw maybe one or two eps of Reno 911 in the first season and never saw the State (though Wet Hot American Summer I wholly endorse) so I have no basis for any opinion whatsoever on this person. But I did hear from a reliable source that he's a gay vampire (is there any other kind???)

teengirlsquad
03-20-2005, 01:23 PM
i loved wet hot american summer, the commentary is pretty good too. chris malone is great.

scotch-romanian
03-20-2005, 04:08 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00007L3QK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

TomWopat
03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Luc Besson wrote the original French version of Taxi.

And Charlie Kaufman is awesome.

That's all I have to say.

terris
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
ya fucking eh patton should stick to his guns and not write those shitty movies, then those studios will realize the amazing talent they have passed over when no one else will write their movies for them.

CptPlanet
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by scotch-romanian
I'm sure Patton knows what he's talking about and that he means well and good, but I don't approve of giving into a studio and sucking their dick so they can churn out another piece of shit Flavor-of-the-Friday-night movie that will contribute NOTHING to the human race and only dumb down American attention spans and move us all in the opposite direction.

Take it easy there, Hicks.

scotch-romanian
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
Take it easy there, Hicks. yeah yeah, i see the similarities mr. smarty pants. but i meant every word.

speaking of hicks, who's gonna watch this Roast in a few hours? i'm psyched.

AndersLevant
03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Man, if someone told me that I had to write three shitty detective novels and then would get one I actually believed in published, I'd do it in an instant. Especially if I made eight times as much from the shitty ones than the good one.

tough actin
03-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Why the hell would you want the same assholes who wanted you to write their money-grubbing, shit-stomping suck of a movie to look at any of your work?

Because you have talent but no money and they have the opposite problem. It's a compromise of ideals to be sure, and if you can find some other way to finance your great ideas then go for it. Meanwhile, for the other 95% who have no better recourse, it's either hold fast to their principles while some other dick-tickler rakes in the fat cake writing shitty screenplays for the big studios, or suck it up and do the dirty work themselves so they can afford more exposure and resources to make their own projects even better. Einstein was a patent clerk. Charles Ives was an insurance salesman. Odenkirk sells Miller Lite. I'd still sit by a comfy fire and crochet while sipping absinthe with any one of them.

I think terris and anders have the right idea.

scotch-romanian
03-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by tough actin
Because you have talent but no money and they have the opposite problem. It's a compromise of ideals to be sure, and if you can find some other way to finance your great ideas then go for it. Meanwhile, for the other 95% who have no better recourse, it's either hold fast to their principles while some other dick-tickler rakes in the fat cake writing shitty screenplays for the big studios, or suck it up and do the dirty work themselves so they can afford more exposure and resources to make their own projects even better. Einstein was a patent clerk. Charles Ives was an insurance salesman. Odenkirk sells Miller Lite. I'd still sit by a comfy fire and crochet while sipping absinthe with any one of them.While I appreciate your re-stating what Patton said, I must say that I UNDERSTAND this "compromise of ideals" but would rather look for an alternative way to get my work made, even if it decreases my chances by 100%.

tough actin
03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Fair enough. I was just responding to the question in your earlier post because it seems like you wouldn't have asked it if you'd read all of PO's spiel (I guess it was rhetorical..?)

andytronic
04-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 5InchTaint
I forgot about Viva Variety. That really was a horrendous pile of tripe wasn't it?

No it wasn't! Plus, you smell. There... I've said it.

AndersLevant
04-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey, I know someone from Beaverton. She's not named Andytronic, though.

andytronic
04-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by AndersLevant
Hey, I know someone from Beaverton. She's not named Andytronic, though.

Then , logically, she's not me. :)

Charlie Church
04-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Or...is she?

I mean, come on. Beaverton, Oregon? How many people could possibly live in a town called Beaverton?

Like 5 or something, 6.

teengirlsquad
04-11-2005, 03:02 AM
... hundred! SNAP.

(jesus christ i must be tired ok goodnight board see you in morning xo)

Citrus Mountain
04-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by tjamick

Don't forget "how to lose a guy in 10 days" Great "film?"

Don't agree with you all about wet hot summer. Tried to laugh and it wouldn't come out.

Viva Variety had moments, but for the most part sucked balls. Johnny blue jeans was my favorite part.

fiftyfive
05-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Rabot
I was so torn when taxi came out, I love Queen Latifia, but i hate taxi cabs, it was such a delema...but in the end, i decided not to piss her subjects off, so I bit the bullet...I've made enemies with enough countries already.

queen latifia in the haaaouuuuuuse!!!

representin'

what what!

man, im like her biggest fan and she cand even see me lurking in her latifia sized shadow.

its tobad girls dont tend to be funny

especialy fat black ones... that suck.

though black people tend to be funny i think the femaleness negates that.