PDA

View Full Version : bob or david?

orin graham
10-30-2003, 07:03 PM
what comedian do you think is better and why? i personally like david, because of his appearance. also, what skit is your favorite skit where bob or david get real worked up? mine is the pre-taped call in show. no, no, no for the love of god!

NoMoreOil!
10-30-2003, 07:09 PM
his appearence?.....alrighty.....I think they both have their own strengths. Bob is a great writer and he has good timing. David is the better actor, he has a lot bigger range in what he can do.
So yeah....and i guess any time Bob gets worked up and yells its hilarious. Bob has THE best yell of all time. One of my favorites would have to be..."GODDAMMIT GREG GET OUT YEAR!!!.....That fellow teen will be the death of me!"...and so on...

Pit Pat
10-30-2003, 07:26 PM
I'd say Bob has a funnier English accent, just because David's is actually more believable. Bob's is slightly worse, and ends up being funnier for it.

David is a bit better at being exasperated (pre-taped call-in show, Indomitable Spirit band leader), Bob is a bit better at being furious (soul singer Larry Black, the guy who hung David for stealing newspapers).

Bob is hands-down the better fake drunk (Drunk Cops: Hammered in Detroit), and Bob's slacker ("Keep the sha-nge") edges out David's convenience-store clerk slacker (change for a dollar) and iguana-owning slacker (Jeepers Creepers semi-star), though that iguana slacker was really quite damn good.

David was 10x the singer of anyone on that show. Yes, that includes Jack Black. David is also clearly a better country hick/hillbilly.

They're in a dead heat as aggressive advertising executives (Globo chem) and another dead heat as insane people (Van Hammersly vs. Borden the actor who got a frontal lobotomy).

They each have their charm. They're more or less equals in my book.

Fruitsnake
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
/agree with everything Pit Pat said.

I used to bounce back and forth on it. For a period of time I liked David better, then I liked Bob better, but over time I've come to realize that they have different but equal strengths, and that's why they worked so well together...

NoMoreOil!
10-31-2003, 03:15 PM
yeah.

Anna
10-31-2003, 03:57 PM
I think what's great about Bob and David is that unlike a lot of other "teams" neither of them are trapped in a role (i.e. straight man/goofy guy). Both of them are brilliant and although they each have different strengths, neither of them is "weak" at anything. I agree that in terms of range, David is the better actor (I actually think he'd probably be a terrific dramatic actor as well) but Bob is no slouch-- he gave some outstanding performances. I think Droopy is note perfect, as is his Retarded dad in The Bob Lamonta Story, as is his portrayal of F.F. Woodycooks, as is his characterization of the streaker. David has a terrific singing voice, whereas Bob does not, but Bob's singing was so much fun.

From everything I've read it seemed that Bob had an outstanding work ethic and commitment and focus whereas David tends to be lazier, but David has an irreverence about him that really colored the tone of the show. I think on their own each is great, but when they get together they bring out the best in one another.

I have a massive massive crush on David Cross but artistically I think they're evenly matched.

Pit-Pat
10-31-2003, 05:12 PM
I've always liked Bob, mainly because he wore suits and had a really sharp haircut, as opposed to David, who always dressed like a goddamn hippie slacker. Also, the yelling is very funny.

gerald hennessy
10-31-2003, 05:48 PM
I am also torn. I usually prefer Bob's pants but on the other hand David's shirts are always great. Arghhhhh!