PDA

View Full Version : Last night's Arrested Development

Pit Pat
11-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I missed the first episode last week, but I caught the show last night.

What did you guys think of it?

Fruitsnake
11-10-2003, 02:53 PM
I liked it.

I thought David's audition for the Fire Sale was delicious.

Anna
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
I thought it was really funny. I tuned in for David of course but everyone did a nice job. It's one of the funniest things I've seen on network TV in a long time. I hope it finds a solid audience.

David Cross totally nails that character. I love the mustache.

TFunke
12-02-2003, 03:02 PM
The Nov. 30 episode of Arrested was really funny. That whistling- tooth bit was hilarious!
I did miss David though. They only showed Tobias for a split-second!

TFunke
12-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Did everybody see it? David and Bob almost made out! the show just gets better with each episode

gerald hennessy
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
my vcr f#$%%ed up (or I did) so i didn't tape it. Anyone have a link to a torrent or some such???

Pit Pat
12-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TFunke
Did everybody see it? David and Bob almost made out! the show just gets better with each episode

Bob was good, but not amazing--I guess he just didn't get enough screen time. Next week's preview sounded more interesting though (Bob is back next week too, apparently--sounds like he might be a minor recurring character).

tjamick
04-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Those "on the next AD" things arent previews for the next weeks episode, but continuations of the previous ones. im sure you've figured it out by now, but i just figured i'd mention it.

Push2Flush
04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
i want a dvd of it, and a second season, is that too much to ask?

tjamick
04-09-2004, 10:48 PM
being that its on fox, yes.

agent_PUNT
04-19-2004, 03:45 PM
I taped AD but it turned out to be some show called "24" ??? what the hell? Has it been moved off of Sundays???

keepthechaaange
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
because dubya's speech on monday was in 24's time slot, fox moved 24 to 9pm eastern time, which made for a cancelled episode of arrested development. they dont plan to show the missed episode to make up for it so it'll probably be on the dvd (supposedly coming out this summer).

also, everyone is quoting the philly inquirer (not a tabloid) which says that fox execs have decided to renew arrested development for a 2nd season.

agent_PUNT
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
that sucks!

that's awesome!

end communication

whateverman
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I hope that's true!!! And if it is, according to TV tome, the unaired AD episode is scheduled for S2. And Jerry Minor, Jay Johnston and Kevin McDonald are in it!!

tjamick
04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
jay johnston has already been in it. he was one of the cops at the end of the spring break episode.

thommy_rotten
04-21-2004, 05:04 PM
...is coming on this Sunday.

I'm really worried that FOX isn't ginan bring it back. We need as many people as possible to watch this last one. DAmn - this show is too funny and smart to come back...on second thought that's exactly why it might not come back.

We need more Tobias!!!!

whateverman
04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
I know he was already in it, for, like, 10 seconds. But he's coming back ,IF they renew the fucking show. (If not, guess I'll have to wait for the DVD)

Push2Flush
04-23-2004, 09:52 AM
the new TV guide has AD on the cover, and its all about it, pull out your 2 bux or whatever and get it, i can only imagine there is 100% a season 2 now, which is good..

and tvtome now says they arent gonna show ep 22 on sunday, skipping 21, but now will show 21, and 22 will be season 2 ep 1. good news!~

whateverman
04-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Arrested Development seems to be part of the "Mr Show Talent Recruitment Agency" I mean, Jay Johnston, Jerry Minor (though he didn't have any lines) AND John Ennis is just one episode? BEcky THyre and Bob O were also in previous eps- and all with minor roles mind you (Bob would be the exeption) Wonder who's next (assuming AD gets renewed, which I fucking hope it does) - Brian as a disgruntled post office worker? Paul as a clown that works next to the banana stand?

CptPlanet
04-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by whateverman
Arrested Development seems to be part of the "Mr Show Talent Recruitment Agency" I mean, Jay Johnston, Jerry Minor (though he didn't have any lines) AND John Ennis is just one episode? BEcky THyre and Bob O were also in previous eps- and all with minor roles mind you (Bob would be the exeption) Wonder who's next (assuming AD gets renewed, which I fucking hope it does) - Brian as a disgruntled post office worker? Paul as a clown that works next to the banana stand?

Where was John Ennis in that episode? I saw Jay was the cop.

AndersLevant
04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
He was the security guard who gave his gun to Tobias.

agent_PUNT
04-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Does DAvid get a writers credit in the show? Because you have to believe he is in on alot of the back room talks. I mean half the cast of Mr Show is on AD!

tjamick
04-27-2004, 08:49 PM
i'm sure he gives some input, but he's not credited as a writer.

kedzie matthews
04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention James Lipton as the warden.
I don't know if he ever saw Mr Show or David's act (or if he even knew who he was), but I thought he and David were pretty funny together. Maybe Jim Belushi will be on next season.

tjamick
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
if he is i'm going on a shooting spree
but i wouldnt mind gallager. he's funny. i hope that if he is on, he smashes a watermellon. its so funny when he does that. anyone know what i mean?

whateverman
04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't remember where, I think it was on Last Call, but David talked about meeting James Lipton when he was on Conan, and that there was some uncomfortable silence between them.
And knowing Lipton, he probably researched everyone on AD before he guest starred, so he MUST'VE known about David's rantings. hehe, pretty funny

tjamick
04-28-2004, 04:55 PM
i wonder if he ever saw "inside the actor." that was hilarious

Push2Flush
04-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by kedzie matthews
I haven't seen anyone mention James Lipton as the warden.
I don't know if he ever saw Mr Show or David's act (or if he even knew who he was)

that had to be as awkward as when david met the lead singer of creed when he did the celeb poker show on bravo...

whateverman
04-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Oh, man that was hilarious. You can tell David was really vicious to that creed guy. MY favorite thing in that game was when he was in the losers' lounge, and said "No, I don't think David's a better player than me. He just got lucky." Yeah, right...

whateverman
05-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Just found this on Variety.com. VERY good news for AD fans (and if you haven't watched it yet, what's wrong with you?)

Fox renewing 'Arrested,' 'Tru Calling'

By JOSEF ADALIAN

HOLLYWOOD -- In the game of who's-got-the-more-stable-sked, CBS execs may be ready to trump NBC.
Elsewhere, Fox has given good news to a pair of struggling frosh, renewing "Arrested Development" and "Tru Calling" for next season. Drama "Johnny Zero" and laffer "Related by Family" have also been given series greenlights for fall, along with the previously ordered medical hour "House."