PDA

View Full Version : Swear To God

BrazenHussy
12-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this sketch is hilariously on the mark?!

Bob does such a fantastic job with Winton Dupree.

I love these guys.

BH

gerald hennessy
12-07-2003, 02:52 AM
You are correct sir. Hilarious. But don't you think they could have done it without all that swearing? :(

out
12-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by gerald hennessy
You are correct sir. Hilarious. But don't you think they could have done it without all that swearing? :(

You are joking, right?

gerald hennessy
12-07-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm just saying it was really funny with that chubby weird preacher guy and the lady with the big hair :) :) but i think they could have done without all that strong language. Just my opinion though.

duandsku
12-09-2003, 12:27 PM
I kind of agree with both sides. The Seinfeld idea of swearing is that it basically only inspires an uncomfortable laugh, ie this is inappropriate. But, if you were in the theater while he was swearing, it would definitely be hilarious. They originally taped the show with the audience watching the Swear to God on the video, and the audience didn't laugh at all. But when they did it live the next taping, the audience thought it was hilarious. I personally don't think it would have been particularly funny without the swearing.

Pit Pat
12-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Huh? The whole point of Swear to God was the cursing--how a TV minister/televangelist would get so worked up that he'd actually resort to cussing, a lot. If you don't find Rev. Winton Dupree referring to Satan as a "dicklicker" to be funny, then the whole sketch probably won't be funny for you.

The other ministry show, the Hail Satan show with Jill and Tom and the huge hair, was supposed to be funny for different reasons, though I didn't care for it myself. The credits (with Bob's falsetto angel and David the straight-talking devil overdubbing the cartoon) were pretty good, though.

gerald hennessy
12-09-2003, 01:59 PM
ahem... Attention people from BlowuptheMoon.com:

OF COURSE I WAS JOKING.

The scetch was funny because of the swearing. And thanks Pit Pat, your right I did mix up the two scetches. I love you!

RMR
12-09-2003, 02:29 PM
HAHA... whew...

thought I knew you well enough to know that, but you had me a little worried....thought you might have instituted an anti-swearing policy in your television viewing...in which case I may have to re-evaluate our friendship.

Epsilon
12-27-2003, 12:03 AM
http://www.oddbits.com/swear_to_god-l.mp3

Here's an MP3 if anyone wants it. This sketch is hilarious even without the video.

GhettoHick
01-11-2004, 08:15 PM
perhaps the funniest thing ever on any medium or platform

7im7
01-22-2004, 11:01 PM
I am king shit of fuck mountain... makes me laugh every time. I played it today for a bunch of guys in the office.. and they are all signed up to borrow my dvds. My guess if most will buy it soon. :)

The only thing wrong that that scetch is its too short.

Not to mention the fact he damned satan... and he is already in hell.... jebus thats funny.

Feltchfire
10-30-2006, 05:17 AM
If you find anything offensive whatsoever because of language, you are what is commonly known as a 'Dolt' or a 'Drone' or a fuckin' sheep-fucker for lack of a better term. If you are offended by words, then you are an idiot. If I said the same word in German and you weren't familiar with the the language then would you still be offended? No. Words are made from sylibatic vibrations in the vocal chords, formed by the tongue and lips on exhail. How does a sound offend anyone? Fuck you. If I can offend someone with swear words, then I guess they've just suddenly handed over alot of power to me over them. Thankyou my little pets...

Feltchfire
10-30-2006, 05:20 AM
King of shit mountain is hilarious and suits me fine! I laughed so hard that I squirted mung all over my cousins new suede shoes. (I was very pregnant at the time, but I laughed so hard I lost the baby)

CptPlanet
10-30-2006, 06:02 AM
If you find anything offensive whatsoever because of language, you are what is commonly known as a 'Dolt' or a 'Drone' or a fuckin' sheep-fucker for lack of a better term. If you are offended by words, then you are an idiot. If I said the same word in German and you weren't familiar with the the language then would you still be offended? No. Words are made from sylibatic vibrations in the vocal chords, formed by the tongue and lips on exhail. How does a sound offend anyone? Fuck you. If I can offend someone with swear words, then I guess they've just suddenly handed over alot of power to me over them. Thankyou my little pets...

inventing words like sylibatic might be enough to fool all of your 9th grade friends at the Rage Against the Machine Underground Fan Club meeting but its really better if you save it for that venue and keep it out of public because i felt embarassed for you when i read it

CptPlanet
10-30-2006, 06:05 AM
inventing words like sylibatic might be enough to fool all of your 9th grade friends at the Rage Against the Machine Underground Fan Club meeting but its really better if you save it for that venue and keep it out of public because i felt embarassed for you when i read it

if u get affended @ language.... THEN FUCK U

language "rules" are merely a subphonetic micro-interpolated activated carbon filtration system put in place by fucken faggot english teachers who give out F's in freshmen comp classes for no reason except that they cant handle the ideas in my essays like "17 reasons chey gavaera would be a better presidnet then bush"

Feltchfire
10-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Adam, can I call you Adam? You have roasted me on a German spelling error of the word Sylibatic which was intended for all purposes to be a clever insert by me. You have bested me in a battle of wits for which I am not proud of...We must endure eachother's grammar for now ie; President, not Presidnet. Unless of course, you were refering to Presidnet Inc. , the cheese company in Denmark. Also, your definition of 'Language' almost exactly matches that of the Webster's Dictionary. I am glad that you have honed in on your research skills. You are still my pet.

Hopefully you didn't pay for this dreadful education you speak of. Everyone knows how to get a good scholorship instead. Don't they?

CptPlanet
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
whose shitty gimmick is this? god make it fucking stop

AndersLevant
10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Sounds like Cpt has a new crush!

Hidden Salad
10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Woah Nelly ....................... :eek: :confused:

CptPlanet
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
1. chey gaveria makes cooler shirts
2. if u buy those shirts ur poser

Feltchfire
10-31-2006, 03:53 AM
Did you just ask me to pose with you? Well, the answer is 'No'. Not that your photo doesn't have a stricking resemblance to Tom Selleck without the moustache, it's just that I'm not into dudes, dude. And I'm only 17 (ya Child-hunter)

CptPlanet
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
are weak burns and comebacks a part of your gimmick or are you actually trying? just lay out what specifically the premise of this character is and what you hope to accomplish with it so that we'll all be able to come up with more accurate reasons for putting you on ignore

Feltchfire
11-04-2006, 09:22 AM
are weak burns and comebacks a part of your gimmick or are you actually trying? just lay out what specifically the premise of this character is and what you hope to accomplish with it so that we'll all be able to come up with more accurate reasons for putting you on ignore

Here is the lay-out son: This character is so manly he eats strips of beef jerky in a bowl for breakfast with Tobasco sauce for milk and can impregnate a woman with a fuckin' quick glance. Also, he has no need for a penis as he has ten of them where his fingers and two thumbs should be (has a huge keyboard). This character is hoping to accomplish world domination and the breeding of an 'ultinmate' race; basically my clones.

Occupant
11-04-2006, 11:21 AM
It's "syllabic."

Brain Stew
11-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Here is the lay-out son: This character is so manly he eats strips of beef jerky in a bowl for breakfast with Tobasco sauce for milk and can impregnate a woman with a fuckin' quick glance. Also, he has no need for a penis as he has ten of them where his fingers and two thumbs should be (has a huge keyboard). This character is hoping to accomplish world domination and the breeding of an 'ultinmate' race; basically my clones.

So he's basically Maddox?

Beef Jerky Cereal Joke (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=weekly_sub14)

It's ok. I got caught stealing a joke when I came here, the best thing to do is not to try to continue this act.

Feltchfire
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Yeah, yeah. I loved the Art of Manliness. When I graduate highschool next year, I'm moving to Colorado to be a real man, riding deep snow and showing the ladies my big ideas. Do you want to come with me Captain? You could be my wing-man, or the ugly friend who makes me look cuter. I found the ten penis fingers to be funnier than beef jerky. I once ate out your momma after she'd just gotten home from a long stint of being a groupie for Tenacious D. Now that's manly.

Emilysix
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
When I graduate highschool next year,
Posting here doesn't make you cooler, it makes the site worse.
I hate kids! Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah a.

Roddimus
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Here is the lay-out son: This character is so manly he eats strips of beef jerky in a bowl for breakfast with Tobasco sauce for milk and can impregnate a woman with a fuckin' quick glance.
got any pics of you flipping off the camera?

Feltchfire
11-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Excellent, love is in the air! What is your dowry?

Emilysix
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
I think feltchy is a CUTE

You would, whore.