PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Episode

BrazenHussy
12-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Just because I'm a drooly fangirl....I was curious as to which episodes are people's favorites.

I happen to like The Cry Of A Hungry Baby, We Regret To Inform You, Now, Who Wants Ice Cream? The Velveteen Touch Of A Dandy Fop and Please Don't Kill Me.

Since I'm a deprived Brazen Hussy and haven't seen Season 4 yet, I'll have to just make do with these other seasons for now.

So.....c'mon folks...fess up....which are YOUR faves?

Or......I can just go over here in this dark dingy corner and play with the dust bunnies.

BH

Out
12-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Peanut Butter, Eggs, and Dice. I love the Bob Lamonta story. Simply LOVE IT! It still brings a little tear to my eye even though I've seen it many dozens of times. "My shoes hurt too Dad. My shoes hurt too."

Beyond that I go back to loving mostly all the episodes from season 1 & 2, especially 2.

Pit Pat
12-08-2003, 08:58 PM
I think every episode from season 1-3 has at least one or two sketches I enjoyed, but the episode with the most sketches I liked was probably "Oh, you men." Choo-Choo the Hurkey-Jerky Dancer was great, the rap-murdering ventriloquist dummies were great, and Drugachussetts was great.

gerald hennessy
12-08-2003, 10:38 PM
"Show Me Your Weenis", episode 403, is my absolute favorite. The middle portion that goes from "toenapper" into the "underground tape railroad" then into "Wyckyd Sceptre" is classic. Or is it awesome? Whatever, I love it.

duandsku
12-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Here's generic list-o-matic generated list.

01. Patriotism, Pepper, and Professionalism (# 410)
What a depressing thought: the final Mr. Show episode is probably the strongest sketch-per-sketch of any of the shows. The "Exec Open" is the classic Bob and David offensiveness. "Money Warning" is the best celebrity joke ever and also the best Behind the Music parody. "Weeklong Romance" is a classic piece if ridiculousness, a theater piece that could be performed by anyone and get laughs. "Marilyn Monster Pizza Parlours" is a hilarious insight on youthful rebellion selling out. And "Goodbye" is a classic piece of SCTV-type zanity with a punchline. It ended with Info Jimmy saying "That's it. Season's over. Beat it" and credits rolling over a motionless background. A sad ending overall, made even sadder that the show had to end at its peak. Mr. Show is dead. Long live Mr. Show.

02. Eat Rotten Fruit From a Shitty Tree (# 407)
Opens with "Water Cooler", a great, ahead of its time view of pretentious news shows, like Crossfire. "Marty Farty" is the ultimate view of how juvenile that Clinton scandal was-"He farted..." "Date With Queen" is a favorite of mine, although everyone on Mr. Show thought it was a failure. The premise is classic. "Spite Marriage" is one of the most memorable things ever on Mr. Show, and made the line "My Life" into a catchphrase. God's Book on Tape ended with the image of God's limo flying towards heaven, which is worthy of mentioning on its own. And who could forget "Monster Mash" with commentary by Dr. Retarded. Easily one of the most juvenile episodes ever, but also one of the funniest.

03. The Velveteen Touch of a Dandy Fop (# 206)
My favorite episode from the early era, and was just a taste of the greatness that would come later. Some great moments: Blind Gary looking at the wrong camera; "I forgot to mention voice 4 and a half, Dr. Jealousy"; the pricelessness of Mary Lynn's face in the Doughnut scene; "Counterfeit money machine, counterfeit money machine, counterfeit money all day long."; and my favorite sequence of all time, the development of "Coupon: The Movie".

04. The Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost (#309)
The second half of season 3 was when Mr. Show had almost completely run out of ideas. This one sort of came out of nowhere, it seems, as most of the ideas here were ones they thought originally wouldn't work or ones that sort of came from nowhere. But it's a safe bet to say it is the funniest pre-fourth season episode, or at least the one where the audience laughed the most. Each sketch is totally cherishable: "Happy Janitor", "Local World News", "Blowjob", "Chip On the Shoulder Club", "Up Your Mother's Ass", and two total masterworks, "Titannica" and the "Pre-Taped Call in Show". This episode's perfected mix of offensiveness and silliness, as well as the ridiculous twist endings, served as a blueprint for Season 4, in my opinion the peak of all sketch comedy.

05. Rudy Will Await Your Foundation (#404)
"Blooper" was a great opening, the peak of Bob and David's abusiveness of each other ("What's a gagortion?"). I still remember the Yinkle-Yankle parody of "Superstar Machine" and the line "You're just jealous because I'm more of a woman than you'll ever be" lline in Phone Sex. Audition is a classic theater piece, a piece so simple it could have been done any time in the past 70 years. "Prenatal Pageant" seems like sort of a precursor to "Best in Show", a great absurd view of those ridiculous infant and toddler beauty pageants that happen in small towns throughout the country. And the Burgundy Loaf, with the smartest twist ending of all, where we realize the "Waiting For Goudot"-like hell Bob and David have created.

Epsilon
12-27-2003, 12:00 AM
I don't know if I could narrow it down to one favorite episode, there aren't any I don't love. But I think my all time favorite is "Who Let You In?" with the Pope's car chase, Nil's Guitar Shop, and Imminent Death Syndrome. My next favorite would have to be "The Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost." Although I didn't care for the title sketch, this episode had the two most hilarious Mr. Show sketches I've seen: Titanica and Pre-Taped Call In Show.

giggle
01-17-2004, 02:50 PM
I loved the whole "Coupon: The Movie" fiasco...
"I saw the shit out of it!"

GhettoHick
01-17-2004, 06:20 PM
the one where odinkirk plays cory feldman and starts dancing around like michael jackson outside of court and they replay that over and over again. that is the greatest thing ive ever seen. i dont even remember what else was in that episode and it dosent really matter thats how great of a dancer odinkirk is. that motherfucker KICKS ASS!!!

ProfessorMurder
01-17-2004, 10:04 PM
It's not either Odenkirk, actually. That's B.J. Porter in one of the few on screen roles he ever had. Nonetheless, classic.

buttfor
01-18-2004, 03:40 AM
I like the sketch with the megaphone crooning and David saying that the only way to listen to music was on a Mini-Victrola. Music is meant to have snaps and pops and shit.

shaun
01-18-2004, 06:53 AM
I've only seen Season's 1, 2 and a select few episodes of 3 & 4 thieved into my limey cavern from the INTERWEB.

I'd also have to go for MegaPhone Crooning, it has the right balance of surrealness, absurdity, intelligence and sadness that all great skits should have.

GhettoHick
01-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ProfessorMurder
It's not either Odenkirk, actually. That's B.J. Porter in one of the few on screen roles he ever had. Nonetheless, classic.

ok serious? i think i was on acid when i saw that and ive never heard of B.J. Porter, where can i find his fanpage messege board? this guy sounds like the King.

gerald hennessy
01-18-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.bobanddavid.com/mrshow_archive/pages/porter.html

dane atkinson
01-19-2004, 01:15 AM
without a doubt, my fav is the nostradomus skit (just look at my sig, the funniest line ever)...that and the pre-taped call-in show (he loses his hair gradually and starts smoking...hilarious)

quagmire
02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
# 310, The Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost. My all time favorite skit by them is in it, The Pre-Taped call in show!

baghutch
02-06-2004, 11:35 PM
my favorite episode would have to be the "show me your weenis episode" in season 4. it has the fucked-up kidnapper, racist in the year 3000, wyckyd scyptyre, house of the future, and menocu butt plugs. i think menocu was one of the funniest things bob and david came up with on the show.

"GODDAMMIT! STUPID SHIT!"

ProfessorMurder
02-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Menocu (Or ME-NO-C-U, appropriately titled) was actually an idea of Jay Johnstone. Bob and David merely acted in it. But they made the sketch hilarious with their intentional bad acting and monotone delivery. Not only great writers, but they can bring an idea to life with their performances.

pollypry
02-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost is probably the strongest. The janitor, Local World News, Pre-Taped Call-in Show, Blowjob...everything is good.

other than that, Show Me Your Weenis. Me and my friends have a fixation on the Blind House sketch for some reason..

OddFellows001
02-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Season 1:
What to Think brings in Howell Tankerbell, The Joke, and my favorite offensive thingy: "Mr. Pickles funtime abortion clinic, we'll bring out the kid in ya'!" Also, this show introduced Mexamericanada to two of the most lovable characters: Ole' Swerdlow and Pit-Pat. Jack Black does something too.

Season 2:
The Velveteen Touch of a Dandy Fop has megaphone crooning, coupon:the movie, and other skats of hilarity. Oh, they are truly wonderous!

Season 3:
Goin' on a Holiday...this episode has to contain one of the weirdest intro/outros with the "Coming Age" war. Also, this is the show where "Blow up the Moon" comes from. Don Pratt, Spunk, and other less notable but funny sketches make up this show. Also, it ends with a MUSICAL NUMBER!!! Yippee! Now I have the whole set!

Season 4:
Story of Everest...because I love Everest and because I love you.

VanHammersly42
02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
So hard to choose from. I would have to say the episode that consistantly gets me is "What to Think". Right from the opening with Tankerbell, the tone is set for the whole show. Another one would have to be "If you're going to write a comedy scene, you're going to have some rat feces in there". Grass Valley Greg, Downsizing, Van Hammersly, New San Francisco, all of them are little comedic gems.