PDA

View Full Version : Whither Jay Johnston?

GitOffMyLand
12-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey hey. I'm brandspankin' new here. And I am madly in love with Jay Johnston. Have a question: other than acting bit parts in various and sundry movies, does anybody know what he's up to nowadays?

Did anybody see that commercial he did a few years back for SPAM? (The "potted meatfood product", not the internet annoyance). Well, I actually emailed the Hormel Foods public relations department, and fed them a line of poo, as follows: I told them that I'm taking a course on "effects of mass media on popular culture", and doing a paper on advertising techniques, and would they please please please send me a downloadable version of the commercial? Please?

Yeah. Jay "ChooChoo" Johnston. Did I mention that I love him?

Bartok
01-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Did you get any word about the Spam commercial?

dane atkinson
01-20-2004, 02:21 PM
i saw that commercial with spam....i thought it may have been a commercial for mr show or something, but there was definetly nothing funny about it...but yes, youre not crazy, i saw it too

GitOffMyLand
01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
No response from Hormel. Apparently the bastards didn't take me seriously.

I bet they'll take me seriously when the bullets start flyin'... :D

Bartok
01-23-2004, 06:07 PM
They sent me a copy of it! Email me at astmauri@@reed.edu and I'll send it along to you. It's not really very funny (although I think the intention was for it to be so), but it's an interesting piece of Mr. Show-related history all the same.

GitOffMyLand
01-24-2004, 11:34 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent you an email, thank you thank you thank you!

Bartok
01-26-2004, 06:35 AM
No problem.

keepthechaaange
01-27-2004, 06:08 PM
what happens in the commercial?

GitOffMyLand
02-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Jay, coming off as quite the suburbanite honky, shows some folks how to make a "Spamburger".

Then the unthinkable occurs: they run out of Spam.

Finally, Jay screams "MORE SPAM!", and a Spam truck drops from the sky like manna from heaven.

It's bizarre...

keepthechaaange
02-03-2004, 11:29 PM
there's a different one where the family is eating macaroni and cheese for dinner and jay talks about how he added spam to it to make it taste better. they run out of spam, of course, so he yells "more spam!" and a spam truck comes crashing through the wall. it's pretty funny, better than the other one you were talking about.

GitOffMyLand
02-04-2004, 11:47 AM
No shit! Blowjobs for anyone who can find it and email it to me!

keepthechaaange
02-04-2004, 02:29 PM
both commercials are up for streaming here:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2074884

please send those blow jobs to my P.O. box.

GitOffMyLand
02-04-2004, 04:35 PM
The dicklicker-of-a-writer of that article claims Jay looks like Jim Carrey! Blasphemous nonsense!

*now transmitting telepathic blow-job*