PDA

View Full Version : "Boncentration Bamps"

GitOffMyLand
01-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Does anybody happen to know which Flying Circus episode features John Cleese playing Hitler and pretending to be British? I can't find it on my DVDs, because I always get drunk and pass out about a third of the way through... :(

iclypso
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
episode 12 has the hitler sketch

GitOffMyLand
01-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks kindly... I shall peruse it tonight over a bottle or three of cheap red wine. :D

SpatulaCity
01-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's my age, or my friends, but I'm usually hard-pressed to find people who love the Monty Python series (as opposed to the films). While the films are great, the series captured something so much more...I don't know...ridiculously awesome. When I happen to bring MP up in conversation, I usually get losers who quote the dumbest, tiredest lines from The Holy Grail. I guess the best way to do it would be to get the series on DVD and just sit their asses down and show them, huh?

That's what I've been doing so far for Mr. Show and it seems to be working.

Also, do you think this is out of line: If I try to introduce Mr. Show to a friend for the first time, and they don't like it, should I still remain friends with them? Reno 911 is one thing...but c'mon, we're talking about Bob and David here.

gerald hennessy
01-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't. Anyone who doesn't like Mr Show at least as much as I do is either a dink or retarded and thus unworhty of friendship.

GitOffMyLand
01-30-2004, 06:02 PM
The really unfortunate thing about Circus fans, is that in addition to being something of a rare breed, they have a tendency to be pretty goddamn annoying at times...

... not *us* of course though, right Spatula? :)

SpatulaCity
02-01-2004, 03:47 AM
Yes, except for us, of course. I find the annoying ones are usually the ones who are fans of the film(s), but not so much the series. I've actually encountered people who quote "The Knights of Nee" speech or the "Your mother is a hamster" speech verbatim, but have no idea that these guys ever did a show.

I don't know, maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate it when people use tired pop culture quotes like they're still funny (see those mentioned above). Also fitting into this category is "Yeah Baby! Are you horny?" or anything similar from Austin Powers. I could go for the rest of my without ever hearing some nerd quote some crap from the Holy Grail like he/she is the first one to ever do it and that there's something wrong with me for not laughing my ass off.

Sorry...kinda went on a rant there. But is anyone else with me on this?

gerald hennessy
02-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Well I quote the Knights of Nigh speech all the time and the guys in my Magic club think its hilarious and if you don't...then excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

tjamick
04-08-2004, 03:26 AM
it is hard to reference flying circus without people thinking i'm crazy. even moreso with fawlty towers.

oh well, i guess some people just have no culture.

and there you go, thats a reference, but no one got it.

agent_PUNT
04-08-2004, 08:27 AM
The only movie quote that will never get old is the "Me so horny.."

The twit olympics was hilarious. If you ever wanted to get someone hooked on the show, that would be the skit to show.

chucknoblet
04-12-2004, 05:06 PM
and then show them Cycling Tour (s3e34) and they will never watch it again. dont get me wrong, i love Cycling Tour, but python can bore the crap out of some people, and to those people i say , "hey, did you see the blue collar tour?" and they probably have.

tjamick
04-16-2004, 02:49 PM
its been a while since i've sen that sketch, is it the one with picasso on the bike?

chucknoblet
05-05-2004, 06:23 PM
could be.