PDA

View Full Version : If Jesus Is Magic, What The Fuck Is Sarah?

maxwell
03-23-2015, 04:06 AM
brad_wollack@tanstaaflprojections_typed: So, these three American tourists are being detained in Iran after they accidentally hiked into Iranian territory thinking, instead, they were still in northern Iraq.

Not sure how I feel about this.

First, I hate hiking, so my empathy level is already low. No one NEEDS to go hiking... especially in Iraq.

Second, why were they even in Iraq? Apparently Kurdistan is considered "safe," but you are, technically, still in Iraq. During WWII, how many people thought it was a good idea to go hiking in Nazi Germany?

I'm just saying, Iraq shouldn't be on the top of anyone's "must see" travel lists.

There are plenty of places to hike.

What's wrong with Yellowstone?

Honestly, hiking in Iraq sounds even more stupid than climbing Mount Everest.

Third, I am disouraged that Iran thinks -- or at least is claiming -- that they are spies. Do they really think this is the best our CIA can do?

I think Ahmadinejad has seen "Spies Like Us" one too many times.

The interesting thing will be to see if Bill Clinton goes to rescue these kids like he did the two journalists in North Korea. Those were two Asian women he went to go save; a little different than three hippy kids -- two boys and a girl who probably hasn't shaved her legs in a while.

Cheers,