PDA

View Full Version : Janeane fans? HELLO?!

sizzlingsteaks
03-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Any Janeane fans here at all? I have two of her stand-up shows on the computer.

ks501
03-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I don't really like her a whole hell of a lot, but shes funny on occasion. Shes not straight forward enough for me though.

chucknoblet
03-15-2004, 06:53 PM
she was so wonderful on the ben stiller show, but its hard to take her too seriously now when her career seems to be built on speaking out against society's problems and then showing up in glamour magazines - seems like she's kinda gone the dennis miller route.

sizzlingsteaks
03-20-2004, 08:18 AM
yeah...Dennis Miller has always bugged me though, with his thinks-he-is-so-clever-obscure-references. Now he's even more annoying, because he jumped ship to the Republican Party to get his own show on cable news after he got canned. Traitor. Doesn't stand for anything.

BlanketSkies
03-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey, I'm a Janeane fan.

I haven't heard what she's been doing lately. I saw her in 2001 when she came to Dallas. I've agreed with most of the things she has said (politically), although I do not know EVERYTHING she stands for therefore i can't say i agree with her completely. Regardless, I still like her.

Epsilon
03-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I used to think she was hot. I guess she still is, a little. Hell, I'd do her.

agent_PUNT
03-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Wouldn't it be great if ugly women didn't have the right to vote? Think about it....

3v3+Z
03-23-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this here -- maybe I just missed it -- but she's gonna be doing TALK RADIO. The people who don't dig her politics might wanna skip this. She's gonna be on Al Franken's Air America (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) radio network, which is set to launch March 31st. She's got the evening slot, 8 to 11pm EST, and her show is called "The Majority Report".

I also see the names Lizz Winstead & Marc Maron on their schedule.

I never understood why actors and comedians and musicians shouldn't be allowed to express strong and serious political opinions. I mean, as long as they're informed, right? J.G. always seems to be able to back up her points well, from what I've seen.

agent_PUNT
03-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Anyone educated on the issues should speak up and inform those who aren't. I think it's just tougher for musicians and actors because their business is VERY structured. If your views are different than some hot shot producer, he might not want to work with you. It could be suicide for your career. (see the Dennis Miller thread for more details)

Also, I don't think people with terminal diseases should have the right to vote either.

sizzlingsteaks
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
Also, I don't think people with terminal diseases should have the right to vote either.

Hmmm...good point. Maybe we should humour them and let them vote, but the votes shouldn't count.

Did anyone see Janeane on Crossfire? Apparently she's on CNN a lot, especially Crossfire. I don't watch that shit cuz Carlson Tucker is an idiot, but she was blond on it, looking good too.

chucknoblet
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
this is good? wow.
http://63.135.96.72/www/images/FE/chain128siteType8/site70/show6_bucket_image.gif

Epsilon
04-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I don't care for the dyed blonde hair or the granny glasses, but a few years ago she was fuckin hot. Anyway, her radio show is great. I listen to Air America's streaming audio on the 'net.

3v3+Z
04-07-2004, 11:07 PM
She has weird "body image" issues. A few years back she was using ridiculous amounts of tan-in-a-bottle type stuff. And I never got the "fat" thing that she's been known to complain about, either. I've seen plenty of disgustingly fat people in my life. I saw several walking through a mall TODAY. That just ain't her. I don't get it. Then a couple years ago or so, I saw her apologizing that she did lose the 10 lbs. or whatever it was she vowed in her stand up that she wouldn't sell out and lose. I swear I couldn't tell the difference!

I don't know though, I've never really been into fantasizing about doin' celebrities. I think my self esteem is too low to let myself believe that I'd have any kind of shot with someone famous. And I've always kinda thought -- and tell me if this is weird -- that guys who go on and on about the "hot" model/actress/whatever of the moment were a little homo-suspicious. Whether it's Farah Faucet or Cindy Crawford or Pam Anderson or whoever the fuck the current hot chick is... I don't get it. It just seems like they trying to hide something, so they go out of their way to make it known that they would have no problem fucking so&so. Does that make any sense at all?

I don't know. I wouldn't go out of my way to set something up with Janeane, but I would much sooner go for her than someone like Pam Anderson. Then we'd both feel really awkward afterwards.

I'm not big on tats. That's a turn off. But I do kinda dig those glasses though.

Okay, I'm sharing WAY too much on a forum where nobody knows me or gives two shits what I think. :rolleyes: sorry.

Epsilon
04-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Hmm... very revealing.

agent_PUNT
04-08-2004, 08:35 AM
i was very aroused and grossed out at the same time. I think Janeane Garfieldofo is hot because she is smart and confident. There IS more of her to love baby.

dash1018
04-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I know that a lot of people probably won't get th etitle, but nonetheless, the woman is smart, and that if nothing else is a turn on, beside the fact that she is goregeous(that's my opinion).

She is pretty much up to date on what's going on in the world, and she seems to have good deal of knowledge on the political goings on in this country.

As far as celebs speaking out on their political views, I don't see anything wrong with it, I mean if the everyday common man can and the multi-billionaire can why can't they?

The people that lead this coumtry and work on Capitol Hill affect their lives as well, and their families, a lot of these celebs are not the airheads that the public is lead to believe, I mean come on, I bet that we, as average Joe and Josephine Schmoo know more than our fair share of knuckle heads and bozos who don't know a thing about politics or even give a damn about them.

With regards to Janeane, she is very attractive, but even more so because she is a very bright and intelligent, and an articulate person, ella es muy bonita y inteligente.

3v3+Z
04-09-2004, 07:46 PM
David Cross is gonna be on her show tonight, by the way. The show's on right now. I think he'll probably be there shortly. Click here (http://play.rbn.com/?url=airam/airam/live/live.rm&proto=rtsp) to listen to the live stream. (Hope that works.)

dash1018
05-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey if you got 'em I'd like to see 'em - just say when!

5InchTaint
06-03-2004, 09:16 PM

kulguyssj4
06-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Amen, 3v3...