PDA

View Full Version : David's in jail....

thommy_rotten
03-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Who saw last night's Arrested Development. Tobias rules!!! Did you guys hear that they running an episode after American Idol on Wednesday - with Elaine from Seinfeld and the Fonz no less!!!It's cool that they believe in it despite the ratings. This is the funniest show on TV and needs to stay on the air!!!!

keepthechaaange
03-15-2004, 06:39 PM
their ratings arent that bad. theyre doing almost as well as "alias" is. i think last week "alias" was the 70th ranked show in the ratings and "arrested development" was around 78th.

putting it on after "american demi-god" is a mistake, though. this show is clearly over the heads of that show's audience. maybe they'd get better ratings if fox actually ran commercials for it. every commercial for their sunday lineup is the same: "on an all new simpsons, homer acts stupid and bart gets in trouble! then, on bernie mac, black people act crazy! and on malcolm, regurgitated dysfunction! *whispers*plus arrested development is on (dont watch it). ALL ON AN ALL NEW FOX SUNDAY NIGHT BRAIN DRAIN!"

whateverman
03-15-2004, 09:23 PM
I know, AD is the funniest show on tv, and the absolute BEST ensemble. Everyone is great in that.
I think they should put it after The Simpsons, and move Bernie post Malcolm. AD and The Simpsons seem like two shows who would have a similar fan base, and those who like Malcolm could stick around for Bernie Mac.
*sigh* Everytime I love a show it gets cancelled. Oh well...
Wednesday's ep is gonna be good, though, with Julia. Can't wait.

thommy_rotten
03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by keepthechaaange
putting it on after "american demi-god" is a mistake, though. this show is clearly over the heads of that show's audience"

24 benefits greatly from the American Idol lead-in. So I think it's a good thing. Did you guys hear that the Fonz is gonna be on the same episode with Elaine?!?!?

whateverman
03-16-2004, 04:31 PM
The Fonz has been in some episodes before. Love his character.
Also, FX is running a mini "Arrested Development" marathon this weekend. They're gonna show, I think 6 episodes, including the one where Bob guest-starred as a therapist (ah, good times!)
Be sure to check that out!

thommy_rotten
03-17-2004, 06:27 PM
The marathon starts at 2 on FX! Gotta tape that! Wonder if they'll put out season one on dvd this summer?!?! Tonight's episode should be gold...but then again they all are!