PDA

View Full Version : just for fun...

keepthechaaange
03-23-2004, 04:37 PM
...what would you want on your quintessential season 4 dvd of mr. show? here's what i would want in a perfect world:

disc 1- episodes 401-405 with audio commentary
disc 2- episodes 406-410 with audio commentary
disc 3- real commercials, outtakes, extended/deleted scenes, cast and writer bios with "where are they now?" feature
disc 4- "Hooray For America" tour clips or documentary, making of "Run Ronnie Run" documentary (to show how troy miller fucked them all over)

it would be worth the extra wait for this dvd if it had all of these features. sadly it probably wont, but it would be great if it did, seeing as how this is the last thing mr. show will ever produce on dvd (unless that new script ever gets made into a movie).

Dart Shitter
03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I want all that, plus picture and picture commentary so I can stare at Brian's sexy face, vomitous

3v3+Z
03-24-2004, 05:02 AM
I was just watching the episode with the whole "my father touched my butthole" thing, where Crossy (:p) said that they had a scene they filmed with Andy Dick as Eleanor Roosevelt that they had to cut out 'cuz it was just TOO over the top. I'd like to see that, if it still exists.

I'd also be curious to see "Party Car" if they ever even got around to shooting a version of that, which I don't think they did. Actually, when I first heard them talking about "Party Car" in the commentaries, I immediately started wondering if that was ever a legitimate idea. I just kinda thought it sounded like something they planted in the commentaries to see how geeky we were. Ya know? Something to see if they could actually generate a buzz over a stupid sketch idea that they made up for no other reason than to make fun of people like me who bring it up in forums like this. It's kind of a Kaufman curse. The audience becomes paranoid after a while about being unsure of where the punchline is and whether or not the less hip audience members are actually the butt of the joke. Did that make any sense at all. Sorry if it didn't. I'm tired.

Also, I remember reading in "What Happened?" that one of the episodes had to be edited for time. Can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Also, for the sake of being complete, the original intros for the two original Tenacious D shorts would be nice to have. I've never actually seen those intros. I have mp3s of 'em from back when Napster ruled the file-sharing world, and based on those I don't think they did anything that anyone other than a completist would really NEED to see, but it's something anyway.

I'd also like to see David running around the "Whose Line..." set, pissing everybody off. But I don't imagine that they could get the rights to show it, and I doubt ABC even kept that footage.

agent_PUNT
03-24-2004, 09:09 AM
I would like Bob to actually come to my house and do the commentary while giving my father a handjob. But, if I can't have that, then everything you guys said would be great.

I don't remember the "party car" conversation, please elaborate...

It would also be sweet if they added some clips of each cast member doing some stand-up (like on Bobanddavid.com) That would be great too. Poshen is hilarious in the whole "your friends only date Iraqi girls"

3v3+Z
03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
I don't remember the "party car" conversation, please elaborate...

I think it was mentioned in the commentary of several episodes. They always seemed to imply that it's something of a legendary idea that's always talked about among Mr. Show geeks. I think the one that shed the most light on it, I THINK it was during the "We Love Our Gay Son" part of episode 4, Season 2. They had Tompkins as a super-nervous, super-geeky, super-obsessed Mr. Show fan/contest winner talking about it. It was just a car driving around with a party constantly going on inside with balloons and a baby, Jill Talley as a Zha Zha Gabor-type character, maybe an orangutan, and a Nipsey Russell type character or perhaps even the real Nipsey Russell. Maybe someone else can elaborate further, but that's the best I can do off the top of my head.

Dart Shitter
03-24-2004, 01:52 PM
"uh, uh I"m a werewolf Crossy"

Party Car was never filmed

3v3+Z
03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Dart Shitter
"uh, uh I"m a werewolf Crossy"

I was hoping someone would catch that.

Party Car was never filmed

That's what I thought. We should demand that they film a terrible version of it for the DVD just so that they can improvise overdubbed voices on the commentary track. On second thought, that's a terrible idea and I should delete it before I post this reply.

whateverman
03-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Seriously, though, they should put some "Hooray for America" and "Clash of the Titans" footage. Maybe some more of the "before it was MR Show" footage we got on the first set.
Some standup from cast members would be great.

Treebeard
03-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
[B]I would like Bob to actually come to my house and do the commentary while giving my father a handjob.

That sounds good except the handjob should be from Sarah Silverman, and it should be performed on me rather than my father.

gerald hennessy
03-24-2004, 08:27 PM
One of my favorite quotes

David: But I finished first in my class.

Bob: Then it should be a really good handjob.

Or something like that.

keepthechaaange
03-24-2004, 11:18 PM
it's "blowjob", not "handjob".

agent_PUNT
03-25-2004, 09:00 AM
this is how rumours get started... now someone is going to think Sarah Silverman gave Bob a blowjob to get on the Mr Show. Ironically this is a little role playing fantasy I used to make my girlfriend do with me. (and by girlfriend I mean "ex-girlfriend") (and by "ex-girlfriend, I mean myself).

Spread the rumour! you heard it here first!

gerald hennessy
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM
no shit i was kidding

keepthechaaange
03-25-2004, 05:48 PM
maybe you let everyone in on your little "joke" then.

gerald hennessy
03-25-2004, 06:33 PM
maybe you're the only one who didn't get it

keepthechaaange
03-25-2004, 07:28 PM
i doubt that considering there's no joke there. unless the joke is that your making fun of people that misquote their favorite shows. if that's the case......not funny.

whateverman
03-25-2004, 10:33 PM
You guys are so immature, starting rumors like that. Everyone knows it was DAVID that got the blowjob from Sarah so she could get on the show. Duh!

(ps, In honor of Brian Posehn, who failed to realize that sarcasm doesn't trasmit well to written text, I'd like to clarify that my previous statements were in jest. Except the part about the blowjob, of course.)

gerald hennessy
03-26-2004, 12:38 AM
I was making fun of ME for misquoting you dink. Last post on this topic.

JuanBallsac
03-26-2004, 02:56 AM
JuanBallsac here,

I have seen Sarah Silvermans bush,it is large.

Toodles,
JuanBallsac

agent_PUNT
03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
I think EVERY movie EVER made would be better if Tom Cruise was forced to come on screen and admit that he has AIDS. I think it should be a new regulation in Hollywood.

Whenever I watch a movie I point out to all my friends where I would insert the Tom Cruise AIDS scene.

For example, in the movie "Philadelphia", right when Tom Hanks is about to tell everyone he has AIDS, I'd have Tom Cruise come out and tell everyone that HE has AIDS.

In the movie "Jerry McGuire", right before Tom Cruise tells Rene Zelweiger that 'she completes him' , he'll mention that he has AIDS.

And, in the classic "Wizard of Oz", right when Dorthy wakes up at the end, I'd totally have Tom Cruise standing at the bed side, mentioning that he has AIDS.

I hope you will all think about this next time you see a movie.