PDA

View Full Version : Bob comes clean

Fruitsnake
04-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Got this from www.bobanddavid.com:

http://chunklet.com/issue18_07.cfm

Bob is surprisingly honest about everything that happened to Run Ronnie Run. I have to say I did think the movie was not up to Mr. Show standards, now we all know why.

chucknoblet
04-13-2004, 03:13 PM
too bad. i have a whole dvd full of Jack Frost's work and mostly it's great. but he's shit on a lot of other people too.

(stupidname)Ed
04-17-2004, 02:18 AM
You know even though run ronnie run wasn't up to par it was still pretty funny, I mean the chimmeny sweeper kick in the cunt scene was funny as hell?

Dart Shitter
04-18-2004, 02:13 AM
I like the movie because it's more Bob and David

'Showbiz for ever"

3v3+Z
04-18-2004, 03:07 AM
"I want... my money back... and... um... I want ANGELS... to give it to me...?"

Thank you Mr. Goldblum.

Fortunately, I downloaded a bootleg when it looked like it was never gonna be released. Anyone know if that version is at all different from the DVD?

The cameos MADE that movie. But it's always strange when some people play themselves and some people don't. That's gotta be a little uncomfortable to negotiate sometimes.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Foley. You're not famous enough to play yourself."

"WAIT a minute! Scott Thompson got to play himself! I was in a popular, prime-time, NETWORK television program for FOUR YEARS!!!"

Then he goes apeshit on the make-up lady with a broken comb holder. But hey, can ya blame him?

chucknoblet
04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
that bit was kind of a ripoff of Dave's appearance in Scott Thompson's "Pulp Comics" episode.

agent_PUNT
04-21-2004, 08:19 AM
* note , Dave Foley did appear in an episode of the Mr. Show, Scott Thompson did not. I don't think Dave Foley feels shunned. Whatever works.

Epsilon
04-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I was disappointed with Run Ronnie Run, also. As a huge Bob & David fan I spent months waiting for the DVD release because they never showed it in the theaters in my town (I don't know if it went to any theaters anywhere). Every week I would check for a release date, feeling giddy with excitement imagining the sheer joy I would experience when I finally get to see this Bob & David masterpiece.

Turns out the best part of the movie was Nikki Cox walking around in a bikini. But in a way I'm glad to hear the screwup was Jack Frost's doing. For a long time I thought Bob & David had done a really sub-standard job on this crap movie, which hurt my heart because I love them so much. But now that I can blame it on Frost, my opinion of Bob & David remains as high as ever.

keepthechaaange
04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
come on, the movie wasnt THAT bad. it certainly wasnt up to mr. show standards but it wasnt just completely awful. there are a handful of scenes that are funny, especially compared to some of the crap that gets made in hollywood (dickie roberts? what the fuck?). at first i was really disappointed in it but if you watch it again without expecting mr. show-esque brilliance, it's an enjoyable movie.

3v3+Z
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
* note , Dave Foley did appear in an episode of the Mr. Show, Scott Thompson did not. I don't think Dave Foley feels shunned. Whatever works.

Um, yeah. That was kind of a... ah... joke. You know. Kinda like what Bob & David do. Sans the humor, of course.

Anyway, even if the movie turned out really well, I'm not sure it would've worked for the vast majority of the population who'd never heard of Mr. Show. So the best it was gonna be is a cult movie, probably. But I don't know that it could've lived up to the hype for our little cult here. It would've had-to've ben('ve) something extraordinary.

But have no fear, Show-vinists. They're gonna try again!!! That's right! You heard it here first, fucks... er, FOLKS. Coming to your local multiplex spring of 2007: "Kate & I are Getting Married! The Motion Picture! Another Mr. Show Cinematic Masterpiece! Not a Sequel to that Piece-o-Shite Ronnie Dobbs Movie! Sorry 'Bout That, by the Way!" Of course, that's just the working title. But I swear on the grave of Micky Dolenz that this is absolutely true! I mean, think about it: If this was a "joke", then where's the HUMOR???

agent_PUNT
04-21-2004, 01:50 PM
super weird!

gerald hennessy
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
yo epsilon,

don't mean to be a dick but if you are such a big bob and david fan why didn't you notice on their site bobanddavid.com that the movie would not be released in theatres and that they were very unhappy with the finished product (which they wanted to reedit but were not allowed to).