PDA

View Full Version : Mr Show Cult

Professor LSD
04-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Two years ago I moved to San Diego california, with nothing but 5 dollars in my pocket and my Mr Show (1st & 2nd season) DVD's... Now I lead the biggest Mr Show cult in the southern california region!

Its all true, except for the part about only having 5 dollars and my DVD's... and the part about leading the biggest Mr Show cult... but I have gotten many of my friends to watch it, and they all REALLY like it.. they sort of have a cult-like following to it :)

How many people have you converted?
I know Ive gotten at least 10 people hooked on Mr Show...Thats just the people I can think of.. plenty of times I had people over I barley knew who fell in love with Mr Show.

Everyone in my apartment complex likes Mr Show... well its not a big apartment complex.. but everyone in it likes it!!

gerald hennessy
04-14-2004, 05:37 PM
teradaloo to you

Professor LSD
04-14-2004, 05:42 PM
teradalo to you too, gerald!!!!

Professor LSD
04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
In another note:

I was surprised by how many people had never heard of Mr Show. (i had been a loyal follower of The Bob since Mr Show originally aired, and camped over night in line to buy the DVD)

Most of them knew who david cross was though, but not The Bob!.. Most people after watching with the commentary seem to think The Bob is actually funnier... I tell them its because The Bob is pure energy and light.

waffle
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Ive gotten my little sister into Mr. Show. Shes only seen like two episodes but she watches season one edpisode one all the time from my DVDs. Too bad Im only visiting and will take them away soon. I shall further enlighten her before I go though. She also heard me listening to Ween and asked me to burn her a copy of Pure Guava. *sniff* Im so proud.

SpecialEd
04-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, i got my sister hooked on it and a couple of her friends...some people I have a hard time with though...I don't understand, I see the stuff and think it's the funniest shit I've ever seen, when someone else watches and doesnt laugh I think that they have brain problems??

agent_PUNT
04-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Just tell people that Bob was the one who wrote Chirs Farley's "Matt Foley, in a van down by the river". Instant respect.

waffle
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Is that true agent? I saw my sister trying to get a friend of hers into Mr. Show the other day and heard her friend say a couple of times. "This is really stupid." It just dont click with some folks.

gerald hennessy
04-15-2004, 11:27 AM
bet they loooove Friends.

agent_PUNT
04-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by waffle
Is that true agent?

yes it is.

It's mentioned in Naomi's book.

Dart Shitter
04-15-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd rather not tell people about Mr. Show.

tjamick
04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
i just tell the elite. i quiz them first. if they like colin quinn or mad tv i dont tell them. if they like bringing down the house i shoot them.

3v3+Z
04-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by waffle
Is that true agent?

I know this was already answered, and I know I'm not Agent, but I just wanted to add a little bit to that. Farley and The Bob were in Second City when he originally wrote that. I think Bob played the father, later to be played by Phil Hartman on SNL. And I believe Timmy Meadows and Jill Talley were in Second City with them. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.)

tjamick
04-15-2004, 11:08 PM
you're right. he also made the mango skit but it wasnt used untill after he left the show.