PDA

View Full Version : does anybody like Chapelles show?

SpecialEd
04-15-2004, 12:06 AM
I was just wandering because chapelles show seems to me the funniest thing on tv now that mr. show is off? I think it woulda been tha shiznit if bob dave and dave woulda worked together

agent_PUNT
04-15-2004, 08:15 AM
it's a good show. DVD is coming out soon. Only 5 episodes so get it cheap.

waffle
04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I was watching the DVD at a friends house a coupla weeks ago. That show is pretty funny. Id like to hear some of Dave's standup sometime.

keepthechaaange
04-15-2004, 01:08 PM
chappelle's standup > chappelle's show

his show is funny sometimes but a lot of the bits are boring. his standup, on the otherhand, is glorious throughout.

agent_PUNT
04-15-2004, 01:27 PM
his stand-up is on DVD too. "Killing them Softly." It's a must.

He talks if he was President he'd get a Mexican VP because that way no one would assasinate him... it's funny.

tjamick
04-15-2004, 02:32 PM
he was set to do 2 pittsburgh shows, both of which sold out in 17 mins. they then added another 2 which got sold out in 15 mins.

Dart Shitter
04-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I saw Dave on the fully baked tour with him and Jim Breuer and I dont remember a thing

The show "is" the funniest thing on TV bitch

Epsilon
04-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Dave Chappelle is the man. He had a hilarious standup special on HBO about a year or so before Killing Them Softly, but I don't remember the name and have never seen it on DVD.

He did this bit about when the cops are investigating a sex crime scene, how do they find the jizz? Like whose job is it to look for that? Then he walks along acting like he's a cop inspecting the room and he suddenly slips and falls in a puddle of jizz.

Funniest shit ever.

SpecialEd
04-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the show is so much better on DVD 2 cuz it can be uncensored you know. The funniest shit is the PopCopy Training Video

agent_PUNT
04-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Epsilon
Dave Chappelle is the man. He had a hilarious standup special on HBO about a year or so before Killing Them Softly, but I don't remember the name and have never seen it on DVD.

It's available on Amazon. Buy it!

neognosis
04-16-2004, 09:12 AM
"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

That shit had me rolling the other night. :)

SpatulaCity
04-16-2004, 08:56 PM
The episode of Chappelle's show w/ Wayne Brady was pure comic gold. Wednesday's episode, w/ Dave as "President Black Bush" was just as funny, if not FUNNIER.

I always thought his standup was great, which is why I started watching the show. The show has definitely improved greatly since the first episode. Plus, who knew that MosDef was so funny?

Dave does racial stuff, but he doesn't do it in the obvious way that a lot of comics do. (As seen in his skit "Def Poetry Slam": "Black people do *this*, White people do *that*...) Plus, that's not the total jist of his act, either. Dave does it intelligently.

Epsilon
04-17-2004, 08:22 AM
"Black Bush" on Chappelle's last show was fu*king HILARIOUS! I've got it on Tivo and I've already had to watch it three times.

kulguyssj4
04-17-2004, 08:51 AM
I don't really think Dave Chappelle's show is that great. I mean, making fun of the black stereotype is funny... The first 10 episodes. I like his pot humor and Half Baked. Screwed was just horrible. Norm McDonald, what were you thinking?

shaun
04-17-2004, 09:00 AM
I really like Dave Chappelle and his standup, but his show is very hit and miss. He should make this his final season and quit while he's ahead, I can see glimpses of Dave becoming a parody of himself already.

Of course some skits have been hilarious with some classic moments, but please get rid of Charlie Murphy..he's horrific.

I always thought of Dave as a little bit smarter and leftield of his black contempories, but the more I see the show the more this theory is disproved. When your dumbfuck workmate (for example) starts quotin' Chappelle you know he's doing something wrong.

tjamick
04-17-2004, 12:21 PM
it bugs me that its so popular. he seems to (at times) try to do skits to get famous, not becouse he thinks they're funny. on another note, has anybody seen him on '95 young comics? he was fucking hilarious.

Epsilon
04-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by shaun
I really like Dave Chappelle and his standup, but his show is very hit and miss. He should make this his final season and quit while he's ahead, I can see glimpses of Dave becoming a parody of himself already.

Of course some skits have been hilarious with some classic moments, but please get rid of Charlie Murphy..he's horrific.

I always thought of Dave as a little bit smarter and leftield of his black contempories, but the more I see the show the more this theory is disproved. When your dumbfuck workmate (for example) starts quotin' Chappelle you know he's doing something wrong.
Judging by the show's killer viewer ratings, I'd have to guess most people disagree with you. I read that Comedy Central wants to lock Dave into as long a contract as they possibly can, in other words, they never want him to leave.

And what's wrong with Charlie Murphy? He's friggin hilarious! Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories was one of the funniest skits of this season.

Dart Shitter
04-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey shaun

" i'm gonna piss on you, drip drip drip, drip drip drip"

anonoymous
04-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Screwed was ok. I edit chappelle's show on tv tome and it is funny, but some sketches are boring. The only sketch show that is hilarious is mr. show.

tjamick
04-23-2004, 11:52 PM
how can you leave out mpfc? thats just as good if not better.

Mr. Dog
04-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Screwed was ok. And charlie murphy is cool. I edit chappelle's Show at tvtome. Its funny but it gets boring. But the best sketche show is mr. show. That shits funny as hell!

Mr. Dog
04-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh shit i posted it twice