PDA

View Full Version : David's standup routine

kulguyssj4
04-24-2004, 10:25 PM
I was listening to The SUYFB CD and I admit his HBO show was pretty offensive. But this is just over the top. I mean he's kind of crazy now. Is it me or does it seem like he is getting madder and madder as he gets older. Like half of his thing going off on his other fellow human beings for how stupid they are. I mean it's not really stand-up as much as it is just yelling at people

I just wanted some personality is all...

AndersLevant
04-24-2004, 10:39 PM
I saw him a few months ago when he came to Austin. I thought he had plenty of "personality." I am somewhat conservative myself (thus I disagree with some of his views), but I still recognize his material as being hilarious.

Stabby
04-24-2004, 10:40 PM
I hear that dave "cut-it-out" couiler is still pretty safe. amybe you'd be more comforatble listening to him...

tjamick
04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
people suck as a whole (no joke there), he's right to hate them.

3v3+Z
04-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Stabby
I hear that dave "cut-it-out" couiler is still pretty safe. amybe you'd be more comforatble listening to him...

Yeah! Hey, when are those assholes at Nickelodeon gonna get off their asshole asses and put "Out of Control" out on DVD???? They could have a cast reunion and commentaries and deleted scenes... Do you have any idea how much ass that would kick? No, SERIOUSLY, do you? Come on, FUCKERS! That's NOT a rhetorical question! How much ass would that KICK, goddamnit? I'm NOT good at ASS-FRACTIONS, so I need a little help over here.

CptPlanet
04-27-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Stabby

The funniest thing Dave Coulier ever did was his totally goofy and off-the-wall baby voice when he was talking to Michelle or Stephanie. Man that was just so out of left field that you had to laugh. What a great comedian.

EDIT:

He's still blacker than Wayne Brady though
http://www.maximum-crunch.net/img/100-percent-negro.jpg

agent_PUNT
04-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Fuck that picture is hilarious. Ironically both men in the picture are not

Dart Shitter
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
I think they're holding up back stage passses to Cher

whateverman
04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
I fucking love David's stand up. True, I admit that I agree with most everything he says, and love him for saying it. But he's also just plain fucking hilarious. If he held back it wouldn't be the same.

SpatulaCity
04-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Ideologically, I disagree with a lot of what David Cross seems to believe, but I still think he's fucking hilarious. Even though I might disagree with some of his points, he still makes them in a hilarious manner, and that, ladies and gentleman, is Comic GENIUS. You can read about some of this in an interview he did w/ Discord magazine:
http://www.ams.ubc.ca/citr/discorder/archive/2002-11/david.html

Incidentally, this is why I'm not a real big fan of Jeaneane Garofalo's stand up (loved her in the Ben Stiller Show). She has a lot of interesting (even if I disagree ) things to say, but I've never found myself really laughing at her material.

whateverman
04-29-2004, 12:17 AM
I actually agree with what you said about Janeane. Unlike David Cross, she's not LOL funny. Sort of "heh" funny. I mean, she's a good standup, and has solid material, but not laugh out loud.

With David, I LITERALLY shit my pants - and then throw the shitty pants away.

Push2Flush
04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
wayne brady makes bryant gumble look like malcom X... he was only funny when he was on chappelles show this season.

Epsilon
04-29-2004, 04:15 PM
I picked up David's CD just this morning. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I love it! Just like I knew I would. He does seem angry, but I tend to agree with almost everything he says. Hilarious!

keepthechaaange
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
how did you get it already, it doesnt come out until may 3rd. unless youre talking about SUYFB.

whateverman
04-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Some people already got the new cd, though it's officially out on the 4th. Who knows, maybe they're friends with David's mom or something.

But the little bit you can download at Subpop is fucking hilarious. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Epsilon
04-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by keepthechaaange
how did you get it already, it doesnt come out until may 3rd. unless youre talking about SUYFB.
Yeah, I was talking about SUYFB. I hadn't heard it before, just bought it today.

train_derailer
04-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah the new CD is also out there on certain file-sharing dealies (indietorrents.com) One of my favorite parts is:

DC (to audience): If you had to fuck an animal, which animal would you fuck?

Audience member: A poodle

DC: A poodle? Thats FUCKING GAY! I can't believe you answered that!

whateverman
04-30-2004, 01:44 PM
DC (to audience): If you had to fuck an animal, which animal would you fuck?

Audience member: A poodle

DC: A poodle? Thats FUCKING GAY! I can't believe you answered that!

That is fucking hilarious

Dart Shitter
05-04-2004, 09:24 PM
picked up this CD today at Tower for 10 bucks. It's fuckin hilarious and he deals with a lot of similar topics as SUYFB. I want a DVD, he does thank Lance "I can film myself puking" Bangs.

LTSuperstar
05-04-2004, 10:52 PM
For a mere $9.99 at the local Borders (the bane of this psuedo-anti-establishment town), IT'S NOT FUNNY made me laugh my ass off!! Better, tighter than SUYFB. Thoroughly hillarious and dead-on about society's weirdnesses. Buy it and roll a doob

Dart Shitter
05-05-2004, 06:25 PM
i wish I was in Ann Arbor listening do DC and rollin a doob, damn unfortunate location!!!

agent_PUNT
05-06-2004, 12:14 PM
I wish I could listen to the CD while masterbating on my bosses keyboard.

tjamick
05-06-2004, 04:32 PM
i wish i could mastrubate.

CptPlanet
05-07-2004, 12:40 AM
my johnson is colorblind, and it is the bane of my existence.

agent_PUNT
05-07-2004, 12:08 PM
So is the New CD 1 or 2 discs? (amazon still hasn't sent me my copy.. those anti-semites)

Fruitsnake
05-07-2004, 12:58 PM
One CD unfortunately.

Unlike SUYFB, INF is a recording of one show in DC, where SUYFB was compiled from a tour.

There's a secret track so let it play on when the show ends.

And yes it's hilarious.

Epsilon
05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I liked SUYFB more. Probably because he spent more time ripping on George Bush and John Ascroft in that one, and that shit cracks me up because I hate Bush.

whateverman
05-07-2004, 04:46 PM
I fucking LOVED this new cd, but I do agree that SUYFB was funnier.

But there's plenty of great anti-Bush stuff here, too: the I Have a Dream speech is inspired.

And the stuff about Republican racists, that got him in trouble for using a certain word, (ok, he didn't REALLY get in trouble for it, but Howard Dean commented on it) is fucking brilliant. And anyone offended by that is a simple minded fool.

tjamick
05-07-2004, 10:02 PM
i just picked it up, but i havent had a chance to listen yet.

LTSuperstar
05-07-2004, 11:00 PM
... make sure to catch the hidden track... funny little anecdote about that celebrity dude who lacks in creativity what he supposedly posesses in godliness (no, not mel gibson).

(stupidname)Ed
05-08-2004, 09:58 AM
I just watched the "let america laugh" dvd and it's hard for me to see why David even bothers trying to do standup. His crowds are such fucking idiots I mean, it's almost not worth it, I don't blame him for being pissed off at everything, when he does a show it's like putting up with a fucking pre-school class. This also made me think...wtf are people thinking when they do drugs and get drunk? I mean, it literally makes you retarded, I don't understand, I mean David talks about doing drugs himself but as fed up as he gets at the damn retarded potheads that can't make rational statements, I'd have to think he knows better now?

tjamick
05-08-2004, 10:44 AM
some people become compleate idiots when they're high, some dont. im sure plenty of other people in that were stoned, but you couldnt tell becouse they have more controll.

amber29292
05-08-2004, 01:46 PM
they just fuck things up for the rest of us.

SUYFB is angry, but i really dont think that its over the top, you know, as a comic, you need to have real opinion.

Epsilon
05-08-2004, 03:37 PM
I consider angry comedy to be more like Andrew Dice Clay.... only he was never funny.

David reminds me more of Geoge Carlin, who I also love, of course.

whateverman
05-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I agree, David reminds me of George Carlin. Though Carlin is, of course, the master.

tjamick
05-08-2004, 05:55 PM
it sucks that DC will never achieve that level of celebrity. carlin only became so popular becouse he started up as a regular comic and when he made the switch to alternative comedy he already had a very strong fan base.

Epsilon
05-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by tjamick
it sucks that DC will never achieve that level of celebrity. carlin only became so popular becouse he started up as a regular comic and when he made the switch to alternative comedy he already had a very strong fan base.
Yeah, but you can't take anything away from Carlin. That dude earned his fame 100%. DC reminds me of him because they seem to think a lot alike, but DC is still fairly young in the standup celebrity world. Carlin is like 60 years old now. David has plenty of time to reach (or exceed) Carlin's level.

tjamick
05-08-2004, 11:35 PM
what i'm saying is that carlin started out as a regular comedian and there for had a strong fanbase. im not saying he didnt work for it, he did, but david has a cult following becouse most people dont get his jokes, now if he were to start doing "my wife" and "ever notice" jokes he may reach a higher level of celebrity. he willget more famous, but most people i know refer to him as "that one bald dude from scary movie"

Dart Shitter
05-09-2004, 02:18 AM
"Wasn't he in Scream 2?"

David doesn't need to become popular, frankly I wish that he'd quit that AD show to finish that sketch movie,because being popular sucks, all the popular people I know and have learned about are assholes

tjamick
05-09-2004, 03:20 AM
AD is fucking hilarious. dont worry, not many people know about it anyway.

Dobbs
05-09-2004, 03:13 PM
David's new CD is great.

They hate us for our freedom!

kulguyssj4
05-09-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't really think anyone who is popular is an asshole. Sure, there are jackass celebrities but the fact of the matter is no one wants to hear about the good stuff, they only want the bad. Look at Mel Gibson. Famous for The Passion, but he's still given lots of money to various charities. I think there are a few people out there who are popular, have lots of money, and aren't corrupted. Like Paris Hilton...

agent_PUNT
05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
On Let America LAugh the person who really pissed me off was that kid at the back who said "it's about time you fucked with me" . HE was proud that he was ruining the show so that Cross would have to yell at him.

I wish DAvid was famous like Paris Hilton so that he could hire big scary dudes to fuck up stupid pot heads and drunks. (just the stupid ones)

Fuck man I'd work for free if DC hired me to beat down assholes at his show. (just the real assholes).

Then I'd skullfuck their babies... :)