PDA

View Full Version : The 25th Annual Song Awards

TwoStates
04-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Does anyone agree that this sketch is one of their best? The Eric Clapton and Brian Wilson impressions are flawless, and this sketch shows what Bob and David do best. In fact, the entire episode is hilarious (Sad Songs Are Natures Onions), because of the Actor's Studio parody. I still feel bad for the fat guy, too.

"That guy you're wiiiiiith/Is like a mouthful of soooooooooores"

tjamick
04-30-2004, 09:54 PM
i'm watching it right now. i love that song about the other guys son. thats fucking hilarious.

"Frame it, burry it, walk 20 paces dig it up in 10 years and teach the world to dance."

Treebeard
04-30-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm guessing that's season 4. Oh how I wish it were here.

3v3+Z
04-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Treebeard
I'm guessing that's season 4. Oh how I wish it were here.

We're just
Two lost souls
With our heads in fish bowls...

Sorry. Yes, that's from the second-last episode.

I've been downloading 'em. It's REALLY nice to see those episodes again. HBO Comedy used to re-run those a MINIMUM of five times a week, so, with only 30 episodes total, I got to see 'em all over and over and over again! But lately they've been hard to find. They'll still show 'em OCCASIONALLY, but it's not on that kind of consistent schedule, so I'm always missing it. Can't wait to hear the commentaries! But I can't help but thinking I'm gonna feel something akin to postpartum depression once my collection is complete. I'm such a fucking GEEK!

By the way, in the book (Did I mention that I'm a fucking GEEK?) David says that the "FRAME IT!" thing came directly from an episode of "Inside the Actor's Studio". Billy Crystal was on there and he said that he jotted the original idea for "Curly's Gold" down on a napkin, which he saved. James Lipton apparently jumped in and yelled it JUST like that! Well, the first part anyway. I've gotta see that now.

tjamick
05-01-2004, 02:06 PM
if you get HBO comedy its on every sunday at 11pm. they just finished the fourth season, so its back to season one, but in about 2 months s.4 will be back on.

whateverman
05-01-2004, 05:05 PM
They show two episodes Sundays starting at 10 pm (eastern time) on HBO comedy. They're still on S2 now, so it'll be a few weeks before it gets to S4.

TwoStates
05-01-2004, 08:29 PM
They have the last six episodes of season 4 on Hbo On Demand, catch them while you can.