PDA

View Full Version : New David Cross CD -- verdicts?

Tom
05-10-2004, 12:16 PM
What do y'all think of the new David Cross CD? I think it's really funny and generally more consistent than his last one. I think it's strong suit is that his approach has become drier and less histrionic. It's also refreshing to hear him in front of a smaller and more intelligently responsive audience.

One or two jokes fall flat, but the secret thing at the end about Scott Stapp makes up for any shortcomings. I give it 8 out of 10 stars.

whateverman
05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
I loved it, it's full of good, solid, smart humor. Vintage Cross.
I give it a solid A.

Epsilon
05-11-2004, 10:01 AM
B+ Lots of really funny stuff in there, but sometimes it seemed to drag. For example, I thought the electric scissors bit went a bit longer than it was worth. It's definitely worth picking up, but I have to say I enjoyed SUYFB a little bit more.

Billy Jack
05-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Has this happened to anyone else? I loved the cd, but when i bought it, I opened it up and there were 2 COPIES!!! in the case.
At first i thought it was a double-album or something but they were just stacked on top of each other. Upon listening to them they were both the same CD, must be an error from the factory...

agent_PUNT
05-11-2004, 11:25 AM
I worked in a music store for 3 years... .shit like that happens at the factory. Now you have been given an opportunity to bring DC to someone who has never heard him before! Don't waste this glorious opportunity!

This kid gets two copies and Amazon still hasn't sent me one.. them bones!

agent_PUNT
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
I thought Mr. DC would be against the idea of "hidden tracks" seeing as how it is so cliche. I could understand if he wanted to add that bit but couldn't find a place on the album to put it.... then it makes sense... but surely I can't be the only one who finds it a little odd that funny man David Cross used the lamest gag in CD history? I mean it was cool back in say '94 when like Green Day was doing it...

The only cool hidden track shit I've seen is on one CD where you actually had to rewind at the very beginning of the CD and the stuff was hidden before track 1. That was cool.

The CD is fucking good. I shit about kids growing up so fast and changing the legal age of consent... awesome..

asking the girl who was raped by her father.... great....

Strom Thurman.. pussy is pussy....

Okay hippie, I'll see you at Burning man.... hahaha i love it!

That's my two cents.

But seriously what up with the hidden track cliche?

CptPlanet
05-20-2004, 03:46 PM
He says his Johnson is colorblind, and it is the bane of his existence.

3v3+Z
05-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
But seriously what up with the hidden track cliche?

So UN-cool, it's cool??? Fuck the convoluted logic of the hip! Reminds me of beginning of the "Chip on your Shoulder Club" sketch, coming out of "Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost". Cut to Brian in a "RotCotCG" t-shirt:

"It's a dumb shirt."
"It's a gay movie."
"Yeah well I'm wearin' it 'cause I hate it."

You know what? I think I hate everybody.

kulguyssj4
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
I heard the CD was gonna be less driven by his political opinions but more about his opinions on pop culture but that was the case for the first half an hour. After that, it was Bush jokes. I'm sick of hearing Bush jokes but the baby-eating thing was hilarious.

Tom
05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm not sick of hearing Bush jokes. I'm sick of hearing Bush.

JuanBallsac
05-25-2004, 05:25 PM
It is I JuanBallsac.

Tom I officialy declare you prince of the one liners.

Keep em comin,buddy, Keep-Em-Comin.

whateverman
05-25-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm not sick of hearing Bush jokes. I'm sick of hearing Bush.

I could not agree more!

scotch-romanian
06-06-2004, 11:51 PM
I assumed that the track was hidden because it was him saying more vicious shit about Scott Stapp. And you know Creed fans would never look back there...

The only cool hidden track shit I've seen is on one CD where you actually had to rewind at the very beginning of the CD and the stuff was hidden before track 1. That was cool.YES. I remember when I used to listen to shitty music there was a Less Than Jake album that featured this very same thing.