PDA

View Full Version : Stella Show on CC

ETC
12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I watched the Stella show when it was on CC and I thought it was horrible. I've always liked Michael Ian Black and Stella's stand-up, but their show was just unfunny and boring.

aussiefan
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
so, is the stella forum a joke, or are they actually considered alternative comedy. I've only seen 5 mins of their Comedy Central Presents.

AndersLevant
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
No, it's for real.

aussiefan
12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
cool, ill check that shit ooooouuuuut

Hidden Salad
12-04-2006, 10:24 PM
The Comedy Central show was great. But I think I still prefer the original shorts.

aussiefan
12-04-2006, 11:18 PM
where did the shorts air? Not out on the clothesline i hope!! hohoho hilarity unsues when i am around. But seriously, do you know where they aired?

Hidden Salad
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
where did the shorts air? Not out on the clothesline i hope!! hohoho hilarity unsues when i am around. But seriously, do you know where they aired?

They never aired on Comedy Central or tv. The "Stella Shorts" DVDs have been circulating on the net and sold at their live shows since about 2002. They stopped selling the DVDs online once the Comedy Central show started, but Black/Showalter have been selling them on their recent comedy tour. I bought one from them (they were 20 bukxxks) a few months ago because my jerk friend lost my original copy. If you can't find the DVD, you might be able to find the shorts on myspleen or YouTube or something else. You can find copies on ebay every now and then too. :( :( :(

NOW BACK TO ME ACTING LIKE A RETARDED IN EVRY POST LOLL @@@@ :mad:

aussiefan
12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
sounds good, ill have a look. I'm getting so many christmas dvd's from amazon, coz i can't find stuff like Gaffigan, Larry Sanders and Wondershowzen in Australia

pollypry
12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I'm not reading anything, but jesus christ buy the stella dvd. am i on a comedy board anymore?

ETC
12-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Rent it and watch it w/o commercials

Can do. Will do. Thanks.

5InchTaint
12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
because my jerk friend lost my original copy.
You're a faggot.

McAllister
12-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Buy it, I paid AU$30 for the Stella dvd which is pretty darn tooting good (considering The Comedy Channel were going to show it last month but decided to show 'The Sketch Show' instead which blows, and I also had my bootlegs of the show). And Larry Sanders is out right now on DVD in Australia for $50, but i'm guessing it's cheaper on import.

aussiefan
12-06-2006, 03:37 AM
Hey Mcallister, can't believe i'm not the only Australian fan. Sweet. yeh, i think Larry Sanders is cheaper through amazon but not after shipping. I'll buy the stella dvd. Is it like the CCentral special or is it filmed pieces? I hear good things about 'the state' too. Kids In The Hall i fucking loved as a kid, and i want to rekindle that relationship.

McAllister
12-14-2006, 03:13 AM
The State is pretty good, theres even a sketch on the Stella DVD that is awesome, and the legendary torrent of the series should still be floating around.

And Stella is like the shorts but less smutty, but pure gold/fucking shithouse depending on who you ask, I say it's gold though. And you can trust me, i'm Australian.