PDA

View Full Version : How about this: BEst and Worst LINKS

whateverman
05-10-2004, 01:42 PM
We've covered Best and Worst Skecthes, so let's talk about the best and worst Mr Show links between sketches. Of course, there's probably discussion to be had, since some links also work as sketches in their own right...

My pick for best are Crazy Devil Massage Cream (or whatever it was called), the world's oldest newscasters in "Like Chickens...", (David and Jill are fucking brillioant in that. So's Bob, of course) and the Action 4 News bit that linked to the toenapper in in "Show Me your Weenis"

Worst: Well, there's yoir basic pulling from a tv link, which is weak, but I wouldn't say the worst... So, I'll go with Henessy Bros Apple Butter, and the "Batman" thing they did after they beat up the Hippie in the Jeepers Creepers episode (I forget what it's called)

agent_PUNT
05-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I like when David gets fired and he walks out in to the hall and gives the camera the finger...you know?

and the cock rings link... that's good too...

the non-existant link when Bob gets run over by a bus because the light changes...

3v3+Z
05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Red Balloon!!!

tjamick
05-11-2004, 04:43 PM
the thing with bob getting run over is a link, just not a direct one. i also thought it wasnt one, but then i relized that davids character in that was the same one in the next sketch "an asshole and a progressive priest".

Epsilon
05-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Sometimes I can't tell which ones are the links because some of their links are so good (and sometimes long) they're like bits on their own. That's kind of how I look at Red Balloon, seems like a sketch to me.

Fruitsnake
05-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I think my favorite is the song Bob sings as Ernie right after the Super Pan sketch where he's flying with kids. Basically because I laugh damn hard whenever I see him get shot.

I think the worst one is the photo at the end of the Norma Jean Monster interview with Chrysalis that has the 2 young people and the two companions. Bob says "I don't know who those guys are, they look kinda lost though." Does that count as a link? Kinda tiny.

whateverman
05-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I always thought of Red Balloon as a sketch... but now that I think about it, it IS a link. So I'll add that one to my list, cause I fucking LOOOOVE that song!

tjamick
05-11-2004, 09:25 PM
they actually made the red ballon sketch before the adopted son sketch so in a way they're both links

agent_PUNT
05-12-2004, 09:16 AM
another great link is when Droopy is working at the photo hut and he gets chocolate all over the pictures from NASA of the moon...

Fruitsnake
05-13-2004, 06:26 PM
"that's not our policy"

Agreed, awesome link.

Epsilon
05-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Worst link ever by Bob & David standards: "Take these magic pills" to link from the trial about shitting on the flag to the 18th century flag meeting (episode 104).

That seemed far below the cleverness of Bob & David, which makes it look like they got lazy on that one.

agent_PUNT
05-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I thought that was a pretty clever link. For fun, how would you have made that link better? (I'm not being mean... seriously...)

whateverman
05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
If you're talking about the magic pills link, I agree: I thought it was pretty funny. Just plain silliness.

Epsilon
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
I thought that was a pretty clever link. For fun, how would you have made that link better? (I'm not being mean... seriously...)
Okay, I thought about it for 5 minutes and here's what I came up with instead of magic pills:

Remember, Bob is a supposed "Flag Expert". He explains that the founding fathers determined the combination of colors to render one constipated. But since they didn't have cameras back then, he used his flag expertise to reconstruct the meeting. Bob uncovers a posterboard with a drawing of the forefathers sitting around the table, only it's drawn in crayon, and really badly. As he begins pointing to the people and identifying them, the camera zooms in on the drawing, then transitions to the forefathers video.

There you have it. That would have been way funnier than magic pills, and would have only added about 20 seconds to the sketch.

agent_PUNT
05-17-2004, 03:40 PM
what about if people took the magic pills while looking at his crayon drawing? The best of both worlds....

3v3+Z
05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
What if they ate crayons and looked at pills?

Fruitsnake
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
That works, but only if the pills are dressed as founding fathers, and the crayons are delicious.

3v3+Z
05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey, then they could shit a rainbow on the flag!!! And that could be a link to a convention for crayon shit rainbow artists. And there could be this whole feud between the SERIOUS crayon shit rainbow artists and the young punk vandal crayon shit rainbow artists. And some of them could be hooked on laxatives, which would obviously be very sad. And they could show an old man who has no more bowl control, but people LOVE it when he shits on their stuff, 'cuz it makes is SO valuable...

Hey, wait. I just realized something. They're fucking DONE! They're already DONE with that link. They're done with that EPISODE. They're done with the whole goddamn SERIES!!! They don't fucking NEED our help. It's OVER! Unless they make the mistake Monty Python made with the movie "And Now for Something Completely Different".

I'm just gonna shut up, eat some crayons, and see if I can shit me some ART!

CptPlanet
05-17-2004, 06:48 PM
The best link, beyond all dispute, is the KA-CHING one in episode 406, between the intervention and change thief sketches. It represents everything that a link is supposed to be: seamless and funny.

Fireman sees burning house?
KA-CHING

Nun sees beggar?
KA-CHING

Cat sees dog?
KA-CHING

Carwasher sees change?
KA-CHING

Epsilon
05-18-2004, 05:05 PM
I love everything with the Bad News Breakers in it, also known as "Stashley" (Stacey & Ashley). Those two are fantastic.

Off topic: Has anyone else noticed that the Post Reply button actually says "POST REPY"? That's been bugging me for weeks.

agent_PUNT
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Epsilon
Off topic: Has anyone else noticed that the Post Reply button actually says "POST REPY"? That's been bugging me for weeks.

yeah, it was pointed out a while ago.... try not to think aboot it. :)

CptPlanet
05-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Hahaha wow. I did not see that.

3v3+Z
05-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Ahhh, but how can you see something that isn't there???

Hey, what if you had a THIRD FUCKING EYE, man??? WOAH!

Holy shit! Look at your arm! I mean, did you ever really fucking LOOK at it? Look at the hairs, man! You can see, like, a little HOLE where every hair is coming out of. What if I shrunk myself down to the point I could fit IN THOSE FUCKING HOLES? That would be SWEET! Walking around inside an arm hair follicle... Oh, but then if I shrunk myself down, my arm hair follicles would shrink too! Maybe if I did it really, really FAST...

agent_PUNT
05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
Holy shit! Look at your arm! I mean, did you ever really fucking LOOK at it? Look at the hairs, man! You can see, like, a little HOLE where every hair is coming out of. What if I shrunk myself down to the point I could fit IN THOSE FUCKING HOLES? That would be SWEET! Walking around inside an arm hair follicle... Oh, but then if I shrunk myself down, my arm hair follicles would shrink too! Maybe if I did it really, really FAST...

I agree, midgets are funny.

Well, little people I suppose. They don't even like to be called that you know, I've got the inside scoop, they much more prefer (in a baby voice) "oh yes you are...." S.S.

3v3+Z
05-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Dude, are you baked?

CptPlanet
05-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Alright assholes, I'm gonna go burn one and when I get back I'm gonna give you all a lesson in "posting on the internet while high 101".

3v3+Z
05-20-2004, 12:10 PM
101? What is that, 4:20 metric?

avonhun
05-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I like the one with the wire, with Brian Posehn sitting in class in his underwear drinking a bear and wearing a wire

kulguyssj4
05-29-2004, 09:18 AM
The best link is by far the one where the one where they have the angry videos. I NERVER ERVER
YOU THINK YOU'RE PRETTY FUNNY, HA! HOW ABOUT I COME DOWN THERE AND KICK YOUR ASS!!!

Epsilon
05-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by kulguyssj4
The best link is by far the one where the one where they have the angry videos. I NERVER ERVER
YOU THINK YOU'RE PRETTY FUNNY, HA! HOW ABOUT I COME DOWN THERE AND KICK YOUR ASS!!!
But see, to me that's more of a sketch than a link. Sort of like Red Balloon. If it's longer than a minute and it contains several scenes, isn't that a sketch rather than a link?

CptPlanet
05-30-2004, 06:39 PM
BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS!

Both the best and worst link. God I love/hate that piece of shit/brilliance.