PDA

View Full Version : looking for episode

jynx5150
05-10-2004, 07:52 PM
With the 'gay' Titannica underground tape skit. Shows them in a hot tub, etc. and they deny being gay until they realize the video is them, then they love it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

tjamick
05-10-2004, 08:24 PM
thats "show me your weenis" ep. 4(?)season 4 the band is called wycked scepter

whateverman
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah, what you're talking about is Wycked Sceptre, from S4's episode "Show me your Weenis!" Titannica is a completely different sketch, from S3's "The Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost"

According to a David Cross interview I read somewhere, the MR Show S4 DVD's will come out in September.

jynx5150
05-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh man, you guys are great! Thanks for the info! Now that I think about it I remember the Wycked Sceptre name. I knew I was wrong with Titannica...

So I just have to wait. Here I thought I missed it on one of the former seasons.

amber29292
05-11-2004, 08:58 PM
i hope thats right. man, i cant wait.

whateverman
05-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Well, I read it in a David Cross interview but A.I don't know how reliable that is, and B.Release dates change all the time.

But, ma, I SO hope it's fucking true. I'm such a nerd, I'm dying to watch those episodes with commentary

avonhun
05-21-2004, 01:11 PM
how about the one with the singing news caster? what episode was that?

tjamick
05-21-2004, 02:33 PM
s.4 ep 1

3v3+Z
05-21-2004, 05:03 PM
There's that and there's Carl Bellflower, the "Singing" "News" Reporter (their quotation marks, not mine) played by Jay. It was in the Local World News link to the Blowjob sketch, Season 3, Episode 9.

A few episodes earlier (episode 5 on the DVDs, but listed as 6 on aSpecialThing.com's episode guide) Jay played Ronnie Schmerling, the "Singing" "Duke" of Beepers during the Dr. X Doomsday Telethon. ALMOST a non-B&D recurring character. Almost.

Why did they do so much stuff where Bob had to "sing"??? They did so much great musical stuff on that show and OCCASIONALLY Bob would do a nearly adequate job, but even those times could have significantly benefited from someone who had a musical clue.

avonhun
05-23-2004, 02:18 PM
thanx , 3-9 was the one

Pali
05-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, why/how was Mr Show cancelled?

Just I remember S4 having some of the finest moments out of all the series.

3v3+Z
05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
They weren't really "canceled". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, 'cuz I'm going from memory, but I think Bob & David & company just got sick of HBO's shit. There wasn't anybody important left at HBO who gave a shit about the show by season 4. They were fucking with their timeslot. I think they went from Friday night "'round midnight" to some un-christ-ly post-Conan Tuesday night slot or something like that. Anyway, they just got fed up and split.

Epsilon
05-23-2004, 06:50 PM
My understanding was that HBO decided not to pick up another season because they weren't happy with the ratings. However, the low ratings had nothing to do with the quality of the show (obviously). HBO simply didn't promote it right, and they gave it a shitty timeslot at midnight on Friday, when the target audience is out partying.

Then they moved it to the only time slot that could be worse, midnight on Mondays. With those times and HBO's lack of proper promotion, the show never found an audience while it was on.

But now, of course, it's a huge cult phenenon among those who appreciate smart comedy. It's generally regarded that the show was cancelled way too early after not being given a proper opportunity to blossom, and that Bob and David could have easily knocked out a couple more great seasons.

Pali
05-26-2004, 09:22 AM
And one other question, there was an episode in series 4 which contained a bit involving a civil war reenactment and it contained a voice over during this bit about a post card. I was wondering, did the guy doing the voice over just sound like Jeff Goldblum, or was it actually him?

Dart Shitter
05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
it's him, according to the book he's also in a skit in season 4, I've only seen one episode from season 4 and the anticipation until the DVD is fun

whateverman
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
No, actually, that voiceover is the only thing he does in S4 (I read the book, as well, and have seen all S4 episodes more times than a sane person should)

Vince Vaughn and Chris Rock are among the people who did S4 cameos as well.

Dart Shitter
05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
D'oh, you're right, I replaced that shot of Vince Vaughn chasing the sheep with Jeff Goldenstein in my head. The not so funny thing is the book was a foot away from me at the time of my last post and I'd tghought I'd count on memory to serve me correctly, I guess "I got served" by my brain, so inturn it's now time to serve my brain a nice fat bowl