PDA

View Full Version : Voted #1 in Cancelled TV Shows

StupidGenius
05-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Notice how I said T.V. and not television because nicknames are for friends ... and T.V is a friend of mine... :: Quivering Lip ::

Check out this link..
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=150652

Actually not a bad list of shows I might add.

agent_PUNT
05-11-2004, 11:18 AM
there is already a thread about this article.

StupidGenius
05-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Ah didnt see it in the search

3v3+Z
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I think Bob & David had a link to it from their official site, but I don't know if it was brought up here. Thing is, the show wasn't really canceled.

CarlShowalter
06-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Any list of the "greatest" shows that were cancelled that does not include Chris Elliott's "Get A Life" is bogus, dude.
TOTALLY fucking bogus.

CptPlanet
06-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Articles like these make me pine for Mr. Show seasons 5-9. :(

agent_PUNT
06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
season 7 was kinda weak. You could really tell Bob was too busy with his all his side projects.

3v3+Z
06-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Isn't that when they made Ralphie May a regular? That's when I had to stop watching. I should have known that ship was gonna sink fast once they went to Spike TV.

So what's your favorite post-season-4 sketch?

CptPlanet
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Ralphie May is on some shitty show on Comedy Central right now (waiting for the Daily Show: David Cross edition) and I swear to god when he's redshifting the light of everything in his immediate proximity.

He's so fucking fat. Not like Kevin James chubby, where he can still be funny making fun of his weight. He's fat to the point where you don't want to sit in the front row at any of his shows because if his heart decides to give it'll throw chunks of pure cholesterol the size of golfballs at your head a 250 miles an hour.

At least he's not Dat Phan though. Jesus. Fuck.

3v3+Z
06-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Did you hear what Drew Carey & Brett Butler (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4483013/) had to say about "Last Comic Standing"? Who would have guessed that "reality" television was not really real reality? What ever happened to the good old days of "Real People"? That show MUST've been, at least in part, an inspiration for "Local World News". I swear they had a "button man" story on there at one point.

agent_PUNT
06-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
Isn't that when they made Ralphie May a regular? That's when I had to stop watching. I should have known that ship was gonna sink fast once they went to Spike TV.

So what's your favorite post-season-4 sketch?

My favorite p-4 sketch was when they brought back Space Dog. I always felt that if that character had more time to develop it would catch on. I think it was on season 8 episode 6 (the one where Tom Green does the intro while standing on his head drinking goats milk...)

I love how in that sketch Space Dog goes to Washington and no one understands what he is saying but they still elect him President. And then he gets impeached because he peed on that fat ladies dress and then she kept the pee-stained dress.

Man, were Bob and David hot in Season 8 or what?!

That's my favorite p-4 sketch...

Stunkworm
06-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I dug the Space Dog sketch as well. However, I was surprised to learn in the DVD commentaries that the HBO Standard's Department insisted that they change his ship's name from the "Red Rocket" to the "USS Dog Cock IV."

Is it okay that I don't know who Ralphie Mae is?

CarlShowalter
06-02-2004, 03:06 PM
[Is it okay that I don't know who Ralphie Mae is?

He played the Karate Kid, dumbass!

He has almost as much acting range as Lisa Kudrow and Kelsey Grammar.

I loved him in "Eight Is Enough" also.

3v3+Z
06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Ralphie Mae was a contestant on that lame-ass "Last Comic Standing". He's a fucking HUGE-ass fat honkey bastard with a hip-hop flava. He lost to the even MORE annoying Dat Phan.

I'm thinking that stand-up comedy competitions, as a rule, just don't WORK. I was just looking up some stuff on the comedians that were on "Star Search". I thought SinBAD was a winner, but apparently he was just a finalist. But Jenny Jones & Martin Lawrence were both "winners". Meanwhile, Norm Macdonald got one of the lowest, if not THE lowest, scores in the history of the show! I can't quickly find any more specific information on that. But I NEED to see that!!! NOBODY bombs better than Norm!

Stunkworm
06-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Fat people are funny.

Norm bombs well, but I have to give that title to Master Chris Elliot. I concur with the chap (or chapesse) who said that no list of best cancelled shows is worth a dingleberry if it doesn't include "Get A Life" ("four words: Dick fell on me.")

As far as bombing with genius goes, I was at the opening night of "Cabin Boy" and was the only one laughing in the theatre. I refuse to believe that I was the only one who was stoned, so there must be other factors at work here.

Kitty fish sticks? C'mon. Pure genius.

CptPlanet
06-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Wow I didn't know there really were seasons that came after season 4 I thought I was just being funny! YOU GUYS!

3v3+Z
06-02-2004, 10:43 PM
I liked how, in later seasons, they got into a lot more specifically topical and overtly political stuff. For example, that sketch from Season 12 where President Kerry -- played MASTERFULLY by Dean Cameron -- did his State of the Union address with his FLY OPEN!!! Oh MAN!!! They haven't lost a STEP! And I don't care what anybody says, Smigel's "Choo Choo the Herky Jerky Dancer" cartoons ROCKED!!!! ! !

CptPlanet
06-03-2004, 08:33 PM
It kind of lagged in seasons 5 through 7 but it perked right back up again when they brought in Comedyprinz. HE SAVED THE SHOW!

3v3+Z
06-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Wait a minute. WAIT just a goddamn assfuck shitcock ballsballs MINUTE!!!!! C.P.??? C.P.??????? You're... you're... HIM!!!!!! Oh, you FUCKING ASSCUNT!!!!!!!!

CptPlanet
06-04-2004, 02:59 AM
HE IS NOT A NAZI! I SWEAR TO GOD WAH WAH WAH!

3v3+Z
06-04-2004, 03:05 AM
?

CptPlanet
06-04-2004, 03:32 AM
It is a proud day when I manage to confuse you. You have been dethroned as the king of chaos!

http://www.maximum-crunch.net/img/comedyprinz.jpg

tjamick
06-04-2004, 04:37 PM
I missed most of season 6 because it was really lacking the fart and masturbation jokes I love so much, but s.7 ep. 13 (I can shit leprechauns!) had one of the better skits of the series. In it Dave (no formalities after season 5) buys the fart-powered dream car. That was pure comic gold, not to mention the strong anti-drug message it gave us. Also, for those who donít remember, season 7 gave us our favorite re-occurring character Co-Co the street-smart black girl with attitude AND badittude (but mainly attitude). But what really set that season apart from the others was having Aston Kutcher join the cast as well as becoming the head writer.

3v3+Z
06-04-2004, 04:56 PM
First let me say that I do think the Co-Co character was well written. Don't get me wrong. The thing is, I'm not especially fond of the way they did it. I know it was popular. I just don't think people should make puppets out of corpses. Maybe it's just me. But for gosh sakes, why couldn't they let Danitra Vance rest in peace? I know they wanted the dismemberment scenes to look as realistic as possible, and using LIVING actors was a BAD idea, as they found out the hard way in Season 6 when Steve-O was (pardon the pun) IN THE CAST, but gee willikers...