PDA

View Full Version : Some really funny AMAZON.com reviews of David's cd...

whateverman
05-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Apparently, some people with too much free time on their hands have taken it upon themselves to post some amusing fake reviews for David Cross' cd "It's not Funny" on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/music/B0001XAQRS/glance/ref=cm_rv_thx_view/002-7988264-7033603

Some quotes from my favorite ones:

Buy this cd, and hear it while you salute the American flag. It will make you proud to be a part of this great nation that never, ever makes mistakes. David Cross is a true American. God bless him, and our white troops

As an upset fan of both Creed and Evanescence (I've been into them since October), I would like to say that Mr. Cross really has no right to slander and malign these wonderful, spiritual bands who are only trying to do God's work on Earth.I'd like to see David Cross write something with the simple purity of "I will take you higher", or have the security in his born-again Christian heterosexuality to pose shirtless on an album cover.

When they finally find Sadam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction (which I'm sure are buried in a secret high tech underground iraqui military base. Our President would NEVER lie to his people, he knows it's a sin to lie!) they should USE those weapons to NUKE every single copy of this god-awful cd!

And my personal favorite:

What's great is that David can do "edgy" religious material without offending Our Lord -- like the one he does about Heaven being like a really big picnic, except the mayonnaise never goes bad. Where does he get this stuff?! This CD is a treat for anyone with a good, Christian heart and a sense of humor (sense of humor not included! ;-)). What would Jesus do? He'd buy this album... AND LAUGH! Praise the Lord, Praise David Cross and God Bless America.

(stupidname)Ed
05-16-2004, 10:45 PM
haha...those actually sound like maybe David himself posted them???

Mystik64
05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
They were posted by the forumers from aspecialthing.com

agent_PUNT
05-17-2004, 03:38 PM
haha that "heaven is a picnic"... that's gold

whateverman
05-17-2004, 09:34 PM
They were posted by the forumers from aspecialthing.com

Huh, no wonder then. Some of the best comedy snobs are from that board.

Wonder if David has seen 'em. It'd show him how much his fans appreciate him.

apotatojudge
06-01-2004, 02:26 AM
hi, it's my first post...

those posts were very, very, entertaining. i love the quote:

"what would jesus do? he'd buy this album - and LAUGH!"

agent_PUNT
06-01-2004, 10:03 PM
I just wrote the most incoherent review of the DC CD... if it makes it up I'll be surprised