PDA

View Full Version : Tough Crowd!

3v3+Z
05-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Heads up. Janeane & her Air America friends (I think Lizz Winstead, Marc Maron and Al Franken) are on Colin Quinn in a few minutes.

3v3+Z
05-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Oops! Chuck D. is on in Marc Maron's stead.

Treebeard
05-25-2004, 10:59 PM
I watched it. I really, really hate Colin Quinn.

3v3+Z
05-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, doesn't being a comedian depend quite a bit on your audience being able to understand at least SOME of the words you say???

I hate this shit where everybody talks over each other and no one can get ANY kind of point across! I like the idea of round table discussions and I like the idea of it being with people who are funny. But can't we lose the BAD sketches and mushmouthed host? I miss Bill Maher when he's on hiatus, and I REALLY miss that he's not on five nights a week any more. But it's a trade off in that he's got more freedom to say whatever the FUCK he wants on HBO, plus it's an hour long so people don't have to fight as much to complete their sentences. It's actually only about 45 minutes, but I think that's longer than he would have on a non-premium-cable channel if you subtract the time commercials would take up. That's another plus: they don't have to race or compete to get a complete thought out before a commercial! Bill's not back until July fucking 30th, unfortunately!

My mom was just telling me that he's on Leno quite a lot evidently. I wouldn't know. Who the hell could watch that fucking show. "Larry Sanders" ruined even the BEST talk shows for me by showing what happens behind the curtain. But Leno would be bad regardless. Didn't Leno used to be FUNNY, by the way? Or is it just that I was young and stupid at the time when I used to laugh at him? I mean, I used to think "Three's Company" was funny too, but now I'll watch those same episodes (not even just the LATER episodes) and see that it WASN'T.

jesus buttfucking JOSEPH! I'm all OVER the goddamn place here!!! Time for me to SHUT UP! Sorry.

agent_PUNT
05-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Leno was never funny. He surrounded himself with funny people. Leno was at his best when O.J. was in the news... and that's not saying much because ANYONE can make fun O.J. and be funny.

In conclusion, I would pay money to watch Jay Leno get eaten by a bear and/or a condor.

3v3+Z
05-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
...Leno was at his best when O.J. was in the news...

You're FUCKING kidding me!!! With that "Dancing Itos" bullshit???? No, no, no. What I was talking about was back in the 80s, when Leno was a frequent guest on "Late Night with David Letterman".

keepthechaaange
05-27-2004, 12:07 AM
leno was the best when i didnt know who he was.

honestly, does anyone under 70 who isnt legally retarded think he's funny? i mean "haha" funny, not "at least he's trying" funny.

CptPlanet
05-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
Leno was at his best when O.J. was in the news

Kinda like how 3v3+Z is at his best when he's posting angry addle-brained incomprehensible hogwash. :)

3v3+Z
05-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Ouch! Well played, Captain. :cool:

CptPlanet
05-27-2004, 01:16 AM
That was a compliment dude we're friends for life.

3v3+Z
05-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I know. I saw the smiley. It's cool.

Dart Shitter
05-27-2004, 12:27 PM
with all the ass licking going on in here it's odd this topic is called Tough Crowd, zing zang zong , dick dicka doo, sorry Ihaven't smoked yet and Colin Quin has some intelligent funny stuff to say he just can't get it passed his lips. Jay Leno is a bit stealing third rate hack who looks like a bobble head doll and the only reason people find him funny is because TV tells people "he's funny, he's host of a classic comedy show, blah blah blah, dick dicka doo"

agent_PUNT
05-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I never said Leno was good. I just stated he was at his best.... why am i defending this... I hate Leno

sweet_Gerald
06-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I just got the B stiller show DVD's and while the celeb guest bits are usually pretty dull the colin quinn one is pretty funny. He does this Henry Rollins- Robert Bly boxing guru thing that is better than any skit i ever saw him do on snl

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 02:24 AM
He never even did skits on SNL because he can't fucking act. They just put him behind the WU desk and let him muddle through week after week with shitty writing and mushmouthed delivery.

However, I saw some reality show on Comedy Central where he punched a bald guy and made fun of Dennis Leary, so that made me :)

I still don't think he's that talented, but I have a whole new kind of respect for him.

3v3+Z
07-02-2004, 02:38 AM
That wasn't a "reality" show. That was a parody of a reality show. It was called "Contest Searchlight" or something like that. It was a goof on Damon & Afleck's "Project Greenlight" from HBO. It was kinda funny though. Not GREAT, but not bad. I think Dennis Leary put that together after "The Job" fell apart. Hey, when is that coming out on DVD anyway? That was good. (That's why ABC canceled it.) I was just looking up Leary on the IMDb the other day for some reason, and I noticed they listed Bill Hicks as an UNCREDITED writer on "No Cure for Cancer". I'm wondering what that means, exactly. Were they buds or did Hicks sue for plagiarism or what?

BrentB
07-02-2004, 11:10 AM
A Bill Hicks fan probably put in that blurb on IMDB. Hicks was upset that Leary got famous with the "Angry Smoker" persona that Hicks invented.

CptPlanet
07-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Well... he did steal material from Bill Hicks line for fucking line. And it's a good thing that Hicks didn't live to see Leary become Bush Jr.'s little golden boy.

Also Contest Searchlight reeks of a desperate washup hack impotently splashing against the riptide of failure and unoriginality that have defined his entire career and now threaten to pull him back into obscurity.

Frenchie Fish
07-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Is Really A Girl It's True

CptPlanet
07-11-2004, 12:45 AM
well that's... uh... ok.

agent_PUNT
07-12-2004, 11:10 AM
wow, talk about terrible first impression.

3v3+Z
07-12-2004, 11:16 AM
My first impression was Yogi Bear when I was 5. As Cunt would say, "wow, talk about terrible first impression."

CptPlanet
07-12-2004, 03:34 PM
goofball! :)

agent_PUNT
07-13-2004, 08:57 AM
3v3+Z: On any other planet you and I could be friends, but since we live on a planet where smart white people (like me) can't hang out in the ghettos (your mom's belly) with you.... I guess I'll have to remain your superior. Now go make me a sandwich, and if i can't taste the "ejaculate" I'll be very confused.