PDA

View Full Version : "Praying Machine"

JaxSmilingReven
05-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know where I could find a clip of this ("Heaven's to Betsy, I've invented a praying machine!"), either audio or visual, online? I'd be so happy!!!!!!!

kulguyssj4
05-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Is this related to Mr. Show in anyway?

3v3+Z
05-29-2004, 05:14 AM
That's from the LAST episode. It's strange to see so many fans of the show on the boards here who haven't seen Season 4 yet because it's not out on DVD. And I thought I came into the show late because the series was over by the time I saw my first episode.

Anyway, I've been downloading the 4th season shows using a file sharing program. They can be tough to find though, and I wouldn't recommend it if you're using a dial-up connection. Also, if you happen to have Comcast cable (AND HBO) that episode MIGHT be available as a FREE "On Demand" selection. As far as just getting that one little audio or video clip, I don't know off hand. I know I've stumbled across sites in the past that have short little audio droplets from popular movies and TV shows, but I haven't noticed one with "Mr. Show" stuff like that. Though, to be fair, I haven't really been looking for stuff like that, so... I don't know.

kulguyssj4
05-29-2004, 09:00 AM
I just started downloading episodes but I have both DVD's and the book. I don't know if that makes me a fan or someone who's obsessed because I spend a lot of time watching and absorbing the humor. My goal is to have my humor as funny and relevant as possible but not making it seem like that. Everyone at my school prefers dick and fart jokes and I try and stay out of that category. I've grown accustomed to people not liking Mr. Show because they much rather would like to watch MADTV because they're afraid of something new. However, I thought Mr. Show wasn't new, I just thought it was something funny.

JaxSmilingReven
05-29-2004, 12:19 PM
It's from a Season 4 episode, with the "Marilyn Monster" sketch. I saw the episode on Demand at a friend's house (I don't have HBO), but they've since been taken down...

I'll keep searching though - thanks for the heads up.

whateverman
05-29-2004, 03:07 PM
This site has some Mr Show audio files:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/1307/

But they don't have the one you're looking for. Sorry about that. You might try asking at the specialthing forum. Some people there have audio files, they may have it.

CptPlanet
05-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Is that the 2001: A New Wave Godyssey sketch with the guy and his ex-girlfriend?

3v3+Z
05-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
Is that the 2001: A New Wave Godyssey sketch with the guy and his ex-girlfriend?

Well, I'd say that's more of a link than a sketch really, but yes.

CptPlanet
05-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
Well, I'd say that's more of a link than a sketch really, but yes.

No way that's like a five minute scene. Tex-Mex.

Unless you're talking about the actualy 2k1:ANWG performance. (2k1:ANWG is what the hardcore fans call them)

3v3+Z
05-30-2004, 09:15 PM
No way that's like a five minute scene. Tex-Mex.

Unless you're talking about the actualy 2k1:ANWG performance. (2k1:ANWG is what the hardcore fans call them)

Yes, of course I'm just talking about the performance. That's where that line comes from, after all. But some of these link vs. sketch arguments/conversations get kind of like trying to figure out where the blue ends and the green begins in a rainbow. And don't even get me started on teal vs. peacock vs. turquoise.

CptPlanet
05-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Aquamarine is way better than any of those queer colors and the only thing that beats aquamarine is cerulean.

tjamick
05-30-2004, 09:27 PM
And don't even get me started on teal vs. peacock vs. turquoise.

i'm sick of you fucking middle-of-the-roaders saying that this is a pointless argument. people have given their lives in this battle, among them are scientists, teachers, guidence counselers, stage actors, photo journalists and worst of all a young man who walked in on an argument by mistake. have you no feelings? it people like you that make america a hard place to live. have some respect.

JaxSmilingReven
06-01-2004, 03:05 PM
um.... any news on the actual clip?

3v3+Z
06-01-2004, 03:55 PM
um... News? No. It's more like a comedy thing, really. Maybe try CNN.com.

Hey, anyone remember "The Great Space Coaster"? They had that Gary Gnu doing the "ga-news". "The ONly TV ga-NEWS PRO-GRAM gua-ran-TEED to contain NO ga-NEWS what-so-ever!"

wee
10-03-2004, 06:28 PM
bump

3v3+Z
10-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by wee
bump
What the fuck? Is that legal? Actually though, it IS available now on DVD! Not only that, there's a "Jukebox" version on there without any audible interference from that pesky studio audience. And thanks to the generosity of HBO, you can now get Season 4 of "Mr. Show" on DVD absolutely FREE! That's right, FREE! No strings attached! All you have to do is give a small, mandatory donation of approximately $25 to $35 (plus any applicable taxes, shipping and/or handling charges) to one of several non-charitable not-nonprofit authorized resellers. It's simple, it's fun, and best of all, it's FREE! Enjoy! :D

MPC
10-04-2004, 09:46 AM

Poor form, CptPlanet. You forgot you are supposed to cuss him out for asking such a question.