PDA

View Full Version : David Cross on the Daily Show

CptPlanet
06-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Tomorrow night motherfuckers. Watchwatchwatch.

CptPlanet
06-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Update: Underwhelming, but still not bad. Jon Stewart, bless his heart, kept cutting David off.

3v3+Z
06-02-2004, 02:46 AM
Well, that's about par for the course on talk shows. I mean, how often is there a REALLY memorable talk show appearance by anybody? They get, what, about FOUR MINUTES on that show? I don't know. I suppose he could have had more energy and just kind of taken over, as some people do. I was thinking for half a second that maybe he could have done something to REALLY cause a scene and generate pub like Bob Goldthwait starting a fire on the "Tonight Show" set, but then I realized that that wouldn't work out well.[list=a]
He's not exactly a household name. "Is that that... guy... from that... thing...? Where DID I see that guy before anyway?
It's JUST basic cable.
Why is this a fucking LIST? Am I just showing off that I've figured out how to do this? What's wrong with me?
[/list=a]
I've lost my... something.

Oh yeah. He would just be seen as some dick that caused a ruckus on "The Daily Show". Then again, it might have been viewed positively by anyone who might actually purchase and enjoy the product he was there to plug. Then again AGAIN, Jon Stewart's actually kinda cool. It would be different if he did something like, punch Jay Leno in the FUCKING FAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!! Somebody needs to DO that!!! I don't care if it's fucking Lionel Richie, that is INSTANT respect right there!

I swear this all seemed like a nice, focused point before I started typing.

CptPlanet
06-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Yeah I guess that whole "cause a scene and show the world how nutty your brand of humor is" thing is mainly for floppy armed rubbery faced asshole physical "comedians" like Tom Green and Jim Carrey. I just expected more chemistry or something based on their similar political leanings and the fact that Jon Stewart did a cameo on Mr. Show. I was expecting anything more than that half-assed jetlagged excuse for an interview. David was right in the middle of some fairly clever bits and Jon Stewart just brought him to a skittering halt every single time, until David looked genuinely unhappy to be there.

Come to think of it, I've never seen David look happy when he wasn't acting. You think he's on the horse?

And 3v3 don't worry I think every single post you make is magical.

agent_PUNT
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Lionel Richie punching Leno.. that is great.

Where did anyone ever get the idea that David WAS a cheery mofo? He always seems irritated and shit. God bless him, I wouldn't want my hero any other way. Well except 3v3+Z, who is slowly becoming my hero. And he is a cheery mofo

CptPlanet
06-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't know if I'd call 3v3 cheery. I don't know if there's even a name for the mood he always seems to be in.

Stabby
06-02-2004, 04:10 PM
That David Cross is such a Negative Nancy.

I don't think he's so much angry and unhappy to be there as he is just probably a not very outgoing, talkative duder. Just look at him on the LAL DVD, he cracks tons of good jokes in front of his friends but when they show him around strangers he's always just kind of standing around, a little annoyed looking, but quiet.

But then again why the fuck am I trying to analiyze this guys personallity, as long as he stays funny I don't fucking care. this is so gay of me I'm sorry guys can we still be friends?

CptPlanet
06-02-2004, 06:22 PM
NO

tjamick
06-02-2004, 06:34 PM
did anybody notice the hat he was wearing?

Tammy Dobbs
06-02-2004, 06:54 PM
I have to brag and say that back in April me and some friends of mine saw David's stand-up and hung around after the show to meet him. He was very nice and took pictures with us and talked to us for a bit. We asked if we could go out for beers with him and he said, "sure." We spent the next few hours at a bar drinking beer and doing shots with him. He is kinda quiet but was very nice and super gracious with some funny stories and his time. He even let us wear that hat you saw on Daily Show for some of the pictures. That night will go down as the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. I was so relieved he wasn't a dick!
Sorry, had to share....thanks for reading.

3v3+Z
06-02-2004, 09:57 PM
You wouldn't happen to be a member of the band Harlow, would you?

Tammy Dobbs
06-02-2004, 10:14 PM
LOL, very funny. I knew I'd get shit over posting that story. Thought I was amongst friends.
Doubt me if you will...I know the truth. We all knew what bananas were at the end of the night.

CptPlanet
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Is he bald in real life?

agent_PUNT
06-03-2004, 12:35 PM
No one is giving you shit for your post. It was a good story. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear he's not an A-hole. Because I already hate my real dad, I don't need my fake dad fucking things up.

CptPlanet
06-03-2004, 05:14 PM
You're creepy agent_PUNT.

Dart Shitter
06-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Great Hat, only second to the "I Hunt White Tail All Year 'Round" hat from UCB season one, average appearence, JS is quit a bland interveiwer isn't he? Hopefully all this time apart for B and D will make them realize how great they are together.

3v3+Z
06-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Jon's forced, polite, nervous laughter during interviews bugs the mesentery out of my innards leaving my organs free to jostle at will. That's not a good thing, by the way.

tjamick
06-03-2004, 07:08 PM
shut up mister dictionary. we dont need your words.

3v3+Z
06-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Bah, suck my dictionary... :eek:

CptPlanet
06-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Jon Stewart is no comedyprinz. They should give comedyprinz his own show. Who here agrees?

3v3+Z
06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
You forgot to logout and use a shitty "guest" name.

CptPlanet
06-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Just pretend it says Tomas Escalante or something because people all over the world love Comedyprinz.