PDA

View Full Version : Bob's religion?

Epsilon
06-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know if Bob is atheist? I know David is, he's very open about it. He and Bob did a lot of skits making fun of religion, but I don't think I've ever head whether or not Bob is atheist.

tjamick
06-05-2004, 02:42 PM
bob believes in a thing called "the line of infinince" the belief that when when you die, you go to a room in which you'll stand in line forever, and the walls are covered in inspirational posters to keep you going.

CptPlanet
06-05-2004, 04:43 PM
He also believes that they don't let minorities into heaven.

Stabby
06-05-2004, 05:23 PM
He's on the celebrity atheist list:
http://www.celebatheists.com/entries/atheist_27.html#4

Epsilon
06-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Well then, apparently he is. Cool.

Tom
06-05-2004, 08:44 PM
This is not meant to be a rebuke to the question, but I have to ask: who cares? I'm not arguing that there is a bright line between a comedian's personal views and the work that they do, but I feel that it most important that the work stand alone.

I think that one of the things that was best about Mr. Show is that it was usually not in the business of pushing agendas. The observations made in its sketches don't condone atheism, they comment on religion.

Epsilon
06-06-2004, 01:03 AM
I got to thinking about it because today I was watching "Crazy Religious Beliefs" in episode 301. I know David practically abhors religion, but I had never heard Bob talk about it. So I was wondering how the writing process on something like that might go if Bob was religious. Like what sort of input he might have. But apparently he holds the same beliefs as David, so that makes sense.

Dustinh
06-15-2004, 01:49 AM
I think there is something to say about groups of people who hold alternative views and beleifs are just like everyone else and want to find other people who think similarly to themselves and can identify with. Since atheists make up something around 1 percent of the population, its nice to be able to identify with someone, even if it is a comedian or actor. It's also kind of fun to see in what other ways you're preexisting views compare with other people.

I also don't think anyone is going around thinking "I didn't think Mr. Show could get any better, but after I found out Bob and David are athiests, its even better!"
No, no one does that, they might admire the person more, but more likely they are just validating their own beleifs through others.

agent_PUNT
06-15-2004, 09:34 AM
I think the question was a good one. I like to know the motivations behind the works of artists... when you go to an art gallery...errr make that "if you ever" go to an art gallery..it's nice to have a little background on where the artist was at when they created their shit.

for instance...when i started writing this reply you will be happy to know I was a buddhist, and now I'm a hardcore chrisitian.

Now I don't know what to believe anymore.

kulguyssj4
06-16-2004, 08:58 PM
I didn't know that atheists only represented 1% of the population. Most of the people around where I live are atheist/agnostic and they couldn't give less of a damn about religion. I don't neccesarily believed in organized religion like Stephen King. Of course there's a lot of that where I live too. But maybe there are so many skeptics where I live because I live in the gay capital/alternative lifestyle central of the midwest.

Hint: It starts with Iowa City