PDA

View Full Version : Die Laughing

HansMoleMan
06-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I was watching an episode of Mr. Show the other day, "Heavens Chimney", when I found myself just fucking flipping out laughing. It was the part during the Devastator skit with the "thank you for the ride" song. Everyones crying and screaming, and then you see Paul f. Thompkins dressed in full clown makeup just staring at two people and making a face. It was so random and funny and it reminded me of some scenes and such in Mr Show that just make you laugh out loud. I dont mean like a smirk or a little ha, i mean like die laughing. So what things: lines, scenes, physical bits etc. just make you burst out laughing?

RizzleMcIzzle
06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Aw man, that episode is so awesome. I love the old man saying "I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!". The clown was definitely a perfect 10 on the ol' rand-o-meter. Another funny thing is seeing all the people who were upset about the rollercoaster standing in line in the back as the skit went on.

gerald hennessy
06-06-2004, 02:08 PM
When John Ennis goes down on David in the hot tub in Wykyd Sceptre. The first time i saw that I had to go to the hospital because i tore a small muscle in my ribcage.

HansMoleMan
06-06-2004, 02:32 PM
haha yeah that scepter tape was awesome. "WELL THEN SUCK THAT SHIT DUDE!"

whateverman
06-06-2004, 04:53 PM
There have been MANY laugh out loud moments for me while watching Mr Show. One of the big ones for me was during the drug bust scene, when Bob puts on the Mexican Hat, and then takes a big flash pic of David... Oh, man that KILLED me. It was so silly, I just couldn't stop laughing.

scotch-romanian
06-06-2004, 06:36 PM
In the fourth season, they had that debate where the candidates kept using "the fat man" (David) as an example for policies. David made me laugh so fucking hard during that sketch cuz he played him so realistically. The part that made me shit myself wasn't even a joke really, when David says, "Rhode Island."

And you could tell he was trying to keep a straight face, which made it even more funny.

EDIT: ^ can you say my very third post? I can.

Stunkworm
06-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I concur on all of the above. After reading the thread, I've been trying to choose which moment captures it all for me. Do I go with the kid who says "they gave me a beer and some frozen peas" or Jay Johnstone as a yellow Abe Lincoln breaking into the mustardayonaisse sweat shop and yelling "let's get the hell out of here!"?

Too many to choose from, but thanks for making me think about it. I hope others keep it going.

Peace

CptPlanet
06-06-2004, 11:39 PM
THIS
http://www.maximum-crunch.net/img/bullshit.jpg

Garry Flank
06-07-2004, 11:56 AM
There are so many, but the one that always comes to my mind is in the Ventriliquist East/West Coast battles skit, when they are at the interview and the one rapper "Killer B. Killed" says
"I dont know man....these guys got their fuckin' talkin dolls n shit"

Hahahaha, that makes me laugh so hard that I urinate a little.
It's just a little, but still....

agent_PUNT
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
yeah that's funny. I don't know why, but I love Van Hammersley.

To me that is one of the greatest ever. When Bob says "And that's how the race was run" and he claps to the camera... I fucking lose it.

mad tv fan
06-15-2004, 03:45 PM
One of my favorites is when they did the monks vs. the fat camp and David mad a path of chocolate bars and slit the kids neck, that was such a great scene because, being a fat man myself, i know i would stop for chocolate bars even with the threat of being killed.

quartersmostly
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
When I saw the Cloning Hitlers sketch the first time the Premise alone made me laugh so hard I missed most of the sketch. That entire episode is amazing.

agent_PUNT
06-15-2004, 07:17 PM
quartersmostly.... great name

I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't have a Mr.show name

tjamick
06-15-2004, 11:31 PM
thats becouse youre not as clever as us. if your name doesnt relate to mr. show, then dont even bother posting here.

LTSuperstar
06-16-2004, 12:24 AM
I tend to be a sucker for anything involving B & D singing. These sketches have brought me to laughter/tears, back to laughter, and on the brink of urination:

"Eww, Girl, Eww"
"Secret Superstar"
the eric clapton/brian wilson parody ("mouth full of sores")
"Jeepers Creepers"
...and more that I am too lazy to come up with.

hebrewboxoffice
06-16-2004, 08:29 AM
The skit where Bob keeps degrading David in the meeting is great. " You call yourselves junior executives.....You're SENIOR JACKASSES!"

Ellis D Trails
06-16-2004, 08:47 AM
I think the HSN skit was seriously Emergency Room Funny. I come from the south where TV evangilism is taken SERIOUSLY.
The line where "Kevin" (david) asks 'please perform beastialitys for me' just Freggin kills me, and the song that BOB sings where they do the "Artsy" multi layerd image of his fat ass singing is too funny for words.

Tom really delivers in the end of that skit too.

'Ellis D Trails'
Dennis

quartersmostly
06-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Another funny musical sketch is The Joke The Musical. Bob as the Milk Machine is excellent.

neognosis
06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
The Mr. Show Cracker Barrel had me rolling the first time I saw it. I don't know if it was one line in particular or just the whole thing, but there were tears, that much I remember...

I was a little stoned too, that probably helped.

Blame it on firewater when you murdered our daughters....