PDA

View Full Version : beer commercials

LTSuperstar
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
So I'm sitting here, watching The Daily Show, and I see a Budwiser ad. This is noteworthy because those iguanas were talking about The Competitor (Miller of course) and specifically the spokesman (B.O.). The following exchange ensues-

iguana #1: what about their spokesman?
iguana #2: turns out he's hosting a reality show called 'shoes and socks'
iguana #1: yeah, that'll last.

Has anyone seen this?

tjamick
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
this has already been discussed, but you're new so i'll let it slide. and yes, i have seen it.

3v3+Z
06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by tjamick
this has already been discussed...

I don't think it has. I know there was a discussion of the Miller ads, but this is a new twist. It's news to me anyway. Did I miss a post?

tjamick
06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
i think it was discussed briefly. or maybe i'm just thinking of the one from asecialthing.

3v3+Z
06-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by tjamick
...maybe i'm just thinking of the one from asecialthing.

I wondered if that might be the case. I don't get over that way too often. I'm so agoraphobic that I can't even deal with crowded message boards.

tjamick
06-08-2004, 11:39 PM
some of the people there are such huge assholes and grammar nazi's. i typed a instead on an and got bitched at.

3v3+Z
06-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Actually, I think "a" and "an" should've been in quotes there. :p

tjamick
06-08-2004, 11:43 PM
actually it sould have apeared " "'a'" and "'an'" "

5InchTaint
06-08-2004, 11:50 PM
The Bud radio ads say that B.O. is a 'washed up comedian'. Bastards.

tjamick
06-08-2004, 11:56 PM
well, just remember that the vice president of bud is in the kkk.

agent_PUNT
06-09-2004, 09:24 AM
I think it's ironic that somewhere out there a shitty comedy writer was paid to come up with the idea that B.O. is a washed up comedian, when in reality he is actually doing great stuff, while this shitty comedy writer can't come up with anything better than to slam B.O.

Fuck the kkk.

RizzleMcIzzle
06-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Agreed. Bob's funnier than any stupid ass bud commercial.

Now all I have to say is...

Talking iguanas?! what the hell?!

(stupidname)Ed
06-09-2004, 02:24 PM
you know, miller took bud to court over this and now bud had to pull it's ad saying that miller was owned by a South American. Instead of those highchairs battling this thing out in court, I'd rather see Bob put in charge of the entire advertising campaign and rip bud to shreads, there is no way those damn lizards could outwit the Big O!

tjamick
06-09-2004, 02:40 PM
very few people can.

Stabby
06-09-2004, 04:16 PM
i don't normally like to side with big corporations period, but, I mean...it's Bob.

Budweisers ads were pretty retarded though. Calling him "annoying" :confused: This is coming from the same guys who brought us the "wazzzuuuup" and "how ya doin" and belching frogs ads?

bonobos cousin
06-10-2004, 11:31 AM
i agree that bob could outwit the advertisers for bud (although some of their comercials are pretty funny sometimes) but i think the big disadvantage is that in an ad campaign bob wouldn't be able to be at his best because what he could do on hbo wasn't censored but ad campaigns on cable would have to be a little cleaner than hbo. but i'm new here and i could be totally wrong...i'm waiting to see how bob and miller respond to some of these ads by bud.
also, is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that bud would use a donkey as their spokesperson/thing in one of their commercials? i know when i see it i think, they are using a jack-ass to represent them...
tera-da-loo

tjamick
06-10-2004, 03:43 PM
its a horse. the budwiser clydsdale

bonobos cousin
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
no, they have a commercial where they use a donkey, it even says "i'm the budweiser donkey and i approve this meesage"

tjamick
06-10-2004, 05:35 PM
shut up! i hate you and i never want to see you again!

keepthechaaange
06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by LTSuperstar
iguana #1: what about their spokesman?
iguana #2: turns out he's hosting a reality show called 'shoes and socks'
iguana #1: yeah, that'll last.

I don't understand this "joke" at all. Will someone please explain it, it doesn't make any sense.

tjamick
06-11-2004, 05:55 AM
they dont understand the difference between subtle humor, and humor that is non-existint

agent_PUNT
06-11-2004, 09:49 AM
It's like every McDonalds commercial you've ever seen

whateverman
06-11-2004, 06:02 PM
The thing about that "shoes and socks" joke is that it's barely a joke at all. It's just another way of implying that Bob is a "washed up comedian" (ie, the only gigs he can get are as hosts of lame reality shows - and the best, most original thing these asswipes can come up with is that shoes and socks thing)

I'm personally offended that they would attack Bob- that's just LOW.

But that they're taking these ads so seriously ("Miller can't be nominated, it's not American! haha!!") just reflects poorly on them.

I'm not a huge fan of the Miller ads, but, compared to what those Bud people are coming up with as "retaliation", they deserve a Pulitzer.

Anyway, I'm gonna go drink some Miller now. Fuck Bud.

quartersmostly
06-11-2004, 06:05 PM
When it comes right down to it Miller they are both awful beers.
So who really cares. Not even the Bob is going to get me to by Miller.

3v3+Z
06-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I wonder if the "joke" is supposed to be that, if Miller's gonna make this into something like a presidential campaign, maybe it would be "funny" to take it a step further and make it as ugly as a REAL mudslinging political ad campaign. Am I taking it too seriously because it's our beloved Bob who's being targeted, or is this just ugly?

Where's my champaign? Actually, do they make any alcohol in Iraq or Afghanistan? Maybe I'll just smoke some opium.

CptPlanet
06-14-2004, 02:28 AM
I'm CptPlanet and I did not approve this post.