PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck, Kids!!

aussiefan
02-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm auditioning for a year long acting course tomorrow and I'm pretty fucking nervous. I've gotta do some improv and script reading for the audition, so it should be fun, but the pressure in me is starting to build.

joebert
02-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Wear really loose fitting pants.
About 10 seconds into it, let them drop to your ankles & don't skip a beat.

Picturing everyone in their undies might distract you depending on who's in there, I think it's much better to have them be the ones getting nervous.

aussiefan
02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Part of me really wants to take that seriously and do it, but the part of me that wants to get in to the course doesn't. I need to buy new pants anyway.

DoctorDelicious
02-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Good luck.

ritzik
02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
do your thang Aussiefan

hope it goes well

voodoochile
02-26-2007, 04:38 AM
good luck aussie, here's some words of wisdom from a Joe Bazooka cartoon:

the power to succeed is within, believe in yourself and you become the controller of your own fate

voodoochile
02-26-2007, 04:39 AM
oh wait that's bazooka joe, and i think it's an eastern proverb anyway

aussiefan
02-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks, your advice shall be taken to heart. Awww, isn't that nice of me to say.

ritzik
02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
let us know how it went, good or bad

aussiefan
02-26-2007, 08:59 AM
I definitely will. Fuck i hope i go well. I haven't done improv in a long time.

ritzik
02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
imrov makes me crap myself

aussiefan
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I find it really nerve racking until i do it, then it's fun as hell.

joebert
02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I missed the improv part.
In that case, make sure you're not wearing underwear.

heroin bob
02-26-2007, 11:38 PM
How'd it go you fuck? AMERICA DESERVES ANSWERS!

aussiefan
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm off now, i'll tell you guys how it went when i get back.

ritzik
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
the suspense is killing me

joebert
03-02-2007, 03:28 AM
You wore underwear didn't you ?

aussiefan
03-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Nah, i just went in, did my thing, and they loved me for it. I guess being me is good.

ritzik
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Nah, i just went in, did my thing, and they loved me for it. I guess being me is good.

eat my shorts you 'tard!

just wanna keep you edgy, don't get all soft and smushy

BenHertz
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Good Luck!

DoctorDelicious
05-02-2007, 01:59 AM
I just realized this thread is posted in the Janeane Garofalo section. Interesting, because its probably the most action she, and this sub-forum have seen in years. Pah-zow!

When are we going to make a Nick Thune sub-forum already?

ritzik
06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
she reminds me of an old yenta relative, droning on and on

I used to love her

KyleGassProject
07-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I used to love her

But I had to kill her....

Grinch-Gibbons
07-14-2007, 01:15 AM
DoctorDelicious wrote :

I just realized this thread is posted in the Janeane Garofalo section. Interesting, because its probably the most action she, and this sub-forum have seen in years. Pah-zow!

When are we going to make a Nick Thune sub-forum already?

I make no pretense to knowing what the hell is going on here, or who Nick Thune is, but I do know and love this Garofalo girl, who is now almost twice my age. And I thought it would be as good a place to start as anywhere....

Seeing as how you've been on here a couple years already, Dr. Delicious, I wonder if you can tell me why you have a gif Avatar (and no, I don't know what "digs Bob Headroom avatar" refers to either:( ) - and when I tried to upload one, it didn't work.
No fair.

Alright, who's with me - Janeane should put a moratorium on tattoos. I know once people start getting them, it's impulsive. And while I'll admit she turned me on in her little shirt on Craig Ferguson recently...isn't it getting a bit much?!
However, she could get a Mason swastika between her eyes and still be cute as a button in my eyes.....

i hate sharing!
07-27-2007, 12:44 AM
DoctorDelicious wrote :

I make no pretense to knowing what the hell is going on here, or who Nick Thune is, but I do know and love this Garofalo girl, who is now almost twice my age. And I thought it would be as good a place to start as anywhere....

Seeing as how you've been on here a couple years already, Dr. Delicious, I wonder if you can tell me why you have a gif Avatar (and no, I don't know what "digs Bob Headroom avatar" refers to either:( ) - and when I tried to upload one, it didn't work.
No fair.

Alright, who's with me - Janeane should put a moratorium on tattoos. I know once people start getting them, it's impulsive. And while I'll admit she turned me on in her little shirt on Craig Ferguson recently...isn't it getting a bit much?!
However, she could get a Mason swastika between her eyes and still be cute as a button in my eyes.....

Things you should not post

ritzik
07-27-2007, 02:07 AM
dumb it down fellas

brain hurt

DoctorDelicious
07-28-2007, 02:25 AM
DoctorDelicious wrote :

I make no pretense to knowing what the hell is going on here, or who Nick Thune is,

No fair.

Alright, who's with me - Janeane should put a moratorium on tattoos.

Nick Thune is a comic who I find to be enjoyable, but then I also got to meet and talk to him at length, which sways opinions. But around these parts, he's made fun of for copying the likes of Galafinakis and Demetri Martin.

As far as the avatar, its one of the defaults you can select on the site. Bob Headroom is making a reference to Max Headroom, which my avatar resembles, but its Bob.

As far as Garafalo goes, Id still hit it, but then Id hit just about anything that hasnt been cremated yet.