PDA

View Full Version : Jay Johnston

whateverman
06-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Jay on an "Anchorman" ad on tv. Anyone know anything about it? I'm guessing it's a small part, but, hey, more power to him.

Movie looks pretty funny. Then again, Will Ferrell could shit on a dog and make it funny. Actually, that IS pretty funny.

3v3+Z
06-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Huh. I hadn't heard about that. That is, indeed, our own "singing" "news" reporter. There's a pretty impressive list of other people involved with it as well. See for yourself here (http://imdb.com/title/tt0357413/fullcredits) or check out the trailers and stuff at the official movie site (http://www.anchorman-themovie.com/). Bummer it's only PG-13, but I guess not everything has to have the "fuck" word all over it in order to be funny. Could actually be good. MAYBE.

amber
06-21-2004, 01:36 AM
i hope so. its been a long time since i've seen a really good comedy.

whateverman
06-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Whoa, that's a pretty impressive list of people. Worth seeing just for that. It COULD still turn out to be a big pile of dog turd, but, still, good people are involved.
I also remember reading that DC auditioned for that movie. Wonder who got that part.

kulguyssj4
06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
I saw him and I must say WILL FERRELL FUCKING SUCKS!!!

Fancy_Pants
06-28-2004, 02:22 PM
yeah i saw the trailer and it has him in it, Choo Choo the Hurkey Jurkey Dancer is in Anchorman

agent_PUNT
06-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Anchorman looks thin, but maybe low expecatations are a good thing with Will Ferrell....Jay Johnston hit gold with the Herky Jerky dancer...

kulguyssj4
07-05-2004, 07:58 AM
I looked at it on IMDB and it said Jay is playing a hobo. Why? Why can't they take away Will Ferrell's part and give it to Jay...?

agent_PUNT
07-05-2004, 09:01 AM
My roommate yesterday told me he can't wait for Anchorman because Will Ferrel can't miss, and then he got all pissed off because he fucked up taping MadTV.... hahaha I really have to move out.

Stabby
07-05-2004, 12:09 PM
When I first saw the Anchorman preview I thought it was going to be a movie about Bill Brasky. :lol:

edit: Why don't we have a :lol: smilie?? :mad:

CptPlanet
07-06-2004, 06:57 PM
stabby your comic strip is fucking cool.

Stabby
07-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks CptPlanet :cool:

The old account i had there had like 150 comics, but i got banned along with a bunch of my friends because the site owner is jerk and not cool like you guys.

CptPlanet
07-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Did you get to save any of them? Or were they just blown away like dust in the wind?

Pali
07-06-2004, 08:32 PM
That is the single greatest 'humour' comic ever created in the history of time. I mean it, even better than Garfield.

I thought Anchorman looked moderately amusing though.

the movie
07-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, the connection between Mr. Show and Jay Johnston is probably Judd Apatow, the producer.

He's also connected to Freaks and Geeks, The Ben Stiller show, Heavyweights (starring Stiller, Stiller & Meira), and The Cable Guy.

All those guys must know each other.

CptPlanet
07-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm Will Ferrel and I'm either confused, or a doofus, or YELLING A LOT!

I am the new face of comedy!

Bent Dickman
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
will ferrel really is funny. don't hold the cheerleader shit against him. not his fault.

Stabby
07-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
Did you get to save any of them? Or were they just blown away like dust in the wind?

Dust in the wind man. If I had the foresight I would have saved them.. :(

On topic: I do like Will Farrell, but yeah, he doesn't have the greatest RANGE as a comedic actor, but the stuff he does he usually does very well.

Rabot
07-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey, Will ferrel is pretty funny, and as for Jay, I think he's in there...my friend said he saw the guy who plays Clay in Run Ronnie Run as well...

melonhead
07-08-2004, 10:42 PM
i was watching jay and silent bob strike back on comedy central the other day. i'd never bothered to see it before, and will farrel had the only laugh in the whole movie. i think it went "oh my god im paralized, that monkey shot me in the ass and paralized me. oh sweet irony"

CptPlanet
07-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Will Ferrel is very hit-or-miss. I actually think I might see this Anchorman movie though. And, although I think I'm fighting the tide on this one, I think that Will Ferrel is definitely better suited to play the lead than Jay. I do think that Jay deserves his own movie though. That guy just doesn't get enough work for the level of talent he posesses.

Rabot
07-10-2004, 01:19 PM
If you do see anchor man, see it very very high, otherwise you'll hate the ending...I saw it last night and can confirm Jay is in it and one other Mr. show member, can't think of his name right now...but he was molested by his parents in that lie detector/shoestore employement sketch...and is in it for only like 30 seconds...and the guy who played Clay in run ronnie run is the sports anchor...he's got a big role.

whateverman
07-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Paul F. Tompkins

DoctorDelicious
11-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Anchorman looks thin, but maybe low expecatations are a good thing with Will Ferrell....Jay Johnston hit gold with the Herky Jerky dancer...

Gee, I hope Anchorman doesnt turn out to be a cult favorite or anything. Then we might have to deal with Will Ferrell until 2009, or worse, a year thats not a prime number.