PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cameo

quartersmostly
06-21-2004, 07:08 PM
What's your favorite came by Bob David or any of the Mr. Show cast. I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that I'm not aware of so I thought this would be a good way to find out other bit parts they have had.

One of my favorite Bob cameo's is when he played a "hip" priest who does bad impressions like Nicholson.

3v3+Z
06-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by quartersmostly
One of my favorite Bob cameo's is when he played a "hip" priest who does bad impressions like Nicholson.

Wait... are you talking about ON THE SHOW? On HIS show? On "Mr. Show", as in "Mr. Show with Bob & David", him being the BOB in the TITLE???

I like the cameo Tom Hanks did in the movie "Big".

CptPlanet
06-22-2004, 02:49 AM
i thought jim caviezel did a pretty cool walk on in the passion.

agent_PUNT
06-22-2004, 08:51 AM
haha all good answers.

I thought DC on that David Spade show was funny. Or was it that David Foley show?

Anyways, maybe it was both... he was funny.

quartersmostly
06-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry I didn't put what show that was from. It was from the NBC show ED that he played the priest.

Also Davids part in Waiting for Guffman is pretty funny.

I think he was on both shows. On News Radio he played a Magician who was dating one of the people in the office. It was pretty good.

tjamick
06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
bob was hilarious on curb your enthusiasm and AD.

3v3+Z
06-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by quartersmostly
I'm sorry I didn't put what show that was from. It was from the NBC show ED that he played the priest.

I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to the episode where David makes Bob say, "I was born out of satan's ass."

There was an episode of "NewsRadio" that featured NOT ONLY Bob & David, but BRIAN as well. Not really a "cameo", as such. They were in too much of the episode to qualify for "cameo" status. Anyway, as I recall, they were old friends of Foley's and they used to be in an a cappella group together. But there was kind of a running gag where people would ask them what kind of stuff they did. Someone would ask them if they were a barber shop quartet and they'd tell them "no" in a really condescending way and talk about how terrible barber shop quartets are, then the same thing for doo-wop. They kept managing to avoid performing, too. It was kind of "Mr. Show"-ized. I'd like to see that again. I don't think I'd even seen "Mr. Show" yet when I saw that.

CarlShowalter
06-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to the episode where David makes Bob say, "I was born out of satan's ass."

There was an episode of "NewsRadio" that featured NOT ONLY Bob & David, but BRIAN as well. Not really a "cameo", as such. They were in too much of the episode to qualify for "cameo" status. Anyway, as I recall, they were old friends of Foley's and they used to be in an a cappella group together. But there was kind of a running gag where people would ask them what kind of stuff they did. Someone would ask them if they were a barber shop quartet and they'd tell them "no" in a really condescending way and talk about how terrible barber shop quartets are, then the same thing for doo-wop. They kept managing to avoid performing, too. It was kind of "Mr. Show"-ized. I'd like to see that again. I don't think I'd even seen "Mr. Show" yet when I saw that.

If I remember correctly, the name of their a capella group was "Chock Full 'o Notes". Fucking perfect. And Bob kept referring to them as "Chock", like someone would say "Zeppelin" or "Sabbath".
That was a great episode from a really great show...until, of course, Hartman was slain.

agent_PUNT
06-22-2004, 02:32 PM
yeah, Gil Bang from Curb was awesome...

"my wife calls it, 'the house that cum built'"

tjamick
06-22-2004, 09:03 PM
"that is my collection of miniature bottles... ... they're slightly smaller then regular bottles."

whateverman
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I really like Bob's brief appearance in "Monkeybone" -- his scenes with Chris kattan are the highlight (some would say the only good thing) from that movie.

Also, just like David played a magician on Newsradio, Bob also played a doctor in another episode. But "Chock" is the greatest, though.

I also liked Bob in Seinfeld, as the doctor who couldn't pass the test. hehe

Garry Flank
06-23-2004, 05:58 PM
My favorite is David as Elliot's brother Donnie on Just Shoot Me.

"Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!"

quartersmostly
06-23-2004, 06:20 PM
If you ever meet David you should say that to him. He loves it.

tjamick
06-23-2004, 06:40 PM
is that street lingo for "he'll punch you in the face."?

quartersmostly
06-24-2004, 01:05 PM
As far as I know He's not a violent person. Just don't Cross him. Get it I'm fucking hilarious.

merkwurkdiglieb
06-24-2004, 03:06 PM
i am so fresh and new!!

chock was awesome! "the next time you see me, i'll be up on stage with three guys who give a HOOT!"

that shit makes me shit.

Fancy_Pants
06-27-2004, 10:53 PM
I liked david on the Men in black movies