PDA

View Full Version : Melvin Goes To Dinner

themovie
06-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Has anyone gotten a chance to see this flick? I finally purchased a copy because it seems that it only plays on cable and my video store doesn't seem to carry it. (Though they have 3 copies of Run Ronnie Run.)

It took a little while but finally grew on me. It's not completely straightforward so it just might be one of those movies that gets better with multiple viewings. There are moments of the Mr. Show jokiness when David Cross and Jack Black make appearances but I think that Jack Black specifically went unnamed because they don't want anyone to get the impression that it's a typical Jack Black film.

Good stuff.

hyoomen
06-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Saw it in the theatres the night it came out. Most excellent and whitty. Will have to purchase it again soon so I can watch it once more and more thoroughly explore the characters.

Funniest part of the showing, previews come on before Melvin at the theatre and I (being the rampant and uncontrollable dork I am) yell out "COUPON THE MOVIE!" and the 10 or so other people in the theatre chuckle knowingly. Ahhh...comedyraderie.

agent_PUNT
06-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Melvin is a very good movie. It's available on Amazon.
There is an older thread about this in the DVD section (or the movies section...)

Stabby
07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
I finally saw it over the weekend. It was on the Sundance channel. I was just going to buy it but never got around to it (i have a lot of cartoon shows on DVD to buy still :() But now I'm definetly going to have to get it.

agent_PUNT
07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
good man Stabby... the Frank Film Festival Bonus on the DVD is radical!!

Yes that's right. RADICAL