PDA

View Full Version : Early "Reno 911!" character similarities to Ronnie Dobbs ?!

hyoomen
06-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Watching some of the episodes from of "Reno 911!" and I'm interested if anybody else noticed some similarities between the "pervert" character and Ronnie Dobbs. From the couple of episodes I've seen, he's a scrawny white man, long dark hair, typically with a ball cap. Seems to be remarkably similar to one Ronnie Dobbs.

Now I know the stereotype is prevalent throughout the COPS reality genre, as the humor from "Mr. Show" depends upon the characters seeming familiar, but does anybody else see the similarities? Do you think there's more than just an underlying fundamental of the COPS reality genre?

*sigh* Maybe they're just all being brutalized.

hyoomen
07-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Heh. Either nobody watches Reno911! or this is a totally dead topic. ;)

Fuckit.

CptPlanet
07-11-2004, 03:05 PM
i missed this thread the first time around. voted #2 (poop)

neognosis
07-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I saw Patton Oswalt in an episode the other night. He played an overzealous D&D nerd who attacked another nerd with an axe, screaming about "trying to cast spells at two levels higher than your current level!" Pretty funny shit. :)

xfykcgihlhi.;
07-28-2004, 08:03 PM
i saw him in the ads for tonight's (wed. 7-28) episode. he's the one shooting kenny rogers

RizzleMcIzzle
07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I thought that was him. I'm glad you brought it up. It was bugging the crap outta me.