PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon - Kerry Concert Review w/ Tenacious D

Dobbs
07-07-2004, 04:20 AM
This is an old post now, the full review has been posted here (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=621).

Just got back from the John Kerry benefit at the Henry Fonda Theater in Los Angeles. The place was full, even though tickets started at $150 each. Was the show worth it?

It's too late for me to write a full review right now. I will give a very brief overview.

The 88 opened the show.
Then Bob came out and did some comedy.
Then Liz Phair played.
Then the Kerry daughters came out and talked and Bob harassed them.
Then Dave Grohl played a great acoustic set, alone.
Then more Bob.
Then Tenacious D came out and played a crazy and pretty long set which included all of the following, and more: A string section (violins and stuff), guest appearances by Spiderman, Sasquatch, Bush, Cheney, Michael Moore, the real Dave Grohl playing drums for The D, a Neil Young song, encores, ad libs, a lot of monster poop, and more!

I will try to make the time to write a full review in the next day or so, but know this - it was an amazing show, fully worth the expensive ticket price.

CptPlanet
07-07-2004, 05:13 AM
That sounds fucking awesome!

CptPlanet
07-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Wait a second Dobbs. You're a "Super Moderator", which means that you're probably in pretty tight with Mr. Admin. Who are you guys? What made you decide to start this site? What's this whole thing all about? Why would you guys start a community and completely abandon it?

It's like that Cube movie. All these weird but brilliant people are assembled for no apparent goddamn reason and we have to unravel the mystery without a lick of fucking help from the people responsible for the creation of this strange monster.

There are only four people in the list of top ten posters who post with any regularity (although stabby is a promising up-and-comer who should be shattering that glass ceiling anyday now).