PDA

View Full Version : New Fans

Unregistered
09-09-2003, 02:08 AM
And how does it feel. To be let in on the greatest thing that ever was. The greatest story ever told. ( nobody say "it feels creamy" ....even though it actually probably does)

Alot of people might hate you and call you a douche due to you being new and all. In fact there is sort of an initiation that hardcores have to put you through.....but there are some that are cool and wont. Im not one of those people but they are out there.

But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. Like....okay...you have to kill a bird with your bare hands and feed it to a old man who wants nothing more than to not eat the dead bird. Just leave him alone he might yell at you. You smile

strain2000!
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. Like....okay...you have to kill a bird with your bare hands and feed it to a old man who wants nothing more than to not eat the dead bird. Just leave him alone he might yell at you. You smile

exactly.

SixStrangSmoker
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
feeding old people dead birds is good. i been sayin it for months now, old people need the dead bird.

NoMoreOil!
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I agree with what i said up top...granted that was before i registered but it really is beautiful.

Jeffem
09-19-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm actually more interested in feeding old people to the hungry. If you want to help, jump up and turn around. I'd find that pretty damn funny.

SixStrangSmoker
09-19-2003, 06:53 PM
what if an old person is hungry though, does he eat himself?

GunsNJosh
09-21-2003, 05:42 AM
"But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. "

How about if you LIKE something then you are a fan of said something. ya dig?

stop being such a snob and get some pussy. I bet you have a darth vader blanket. =) just kidding best friend of mine (pussybitch) just kidding. Jewraper

NoMoreOil!
09-22-2003, 04:06 PM
I dont dig. Im not a fan of digging. However I do like digging.

Tsynr
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
man this thread sort of dwindled off into nothing...

I don't normally get ill on the internet seeing as to how it's completely pointless, but just in everyday life, the people that argue that they are a bigger fan than the next guy is somewhat irritating. Here's the test, ready?

1) Do you enjoy watching Mr. Show?

a) yes
b) no

Now score yourself!!

for every question you answered yes to then you are a fan, congratulations!!

The same can be said about music fans that insist that simply because they heard of a band when they were "underground" or before they sold out by getting some radio play or any other absurb assumption about the band, that they are a true fan while you are a poser.

NoMoreOil!
09-29-2003, 08:39 PM
You may not like things on as many levels as I do. Or you don't get it the way that I get it. There are people out there that search out good music and comedy, and pastries. And then there are people that only like things once it comes to them. So they are of the assumption that the only good music is the music on the radio or Mtv....and the only scetch comedy show ever was SNL. "Well if its so good,...uh....how come I've never heard of it"..... I mean Tenacious D is a prime shining example. I had the tapes of the 3 episodes. Showed my friends the tape. They didnt laugh once. Then proceded to use words like lame and "just okay"....and I was fine with that....because they "didnt get it".....well then uh-oh...a couple years later Tenacious D is on MTV and has a album in stores, and then I showed them again. They loved it this time. And I called them on it. Call me a comedy elitist, but i pointed out that they were fucking dumb...and that years before i showed them...they "didnt remember that"...I agree sometimes people can be to harsh. But, I'm right though. I'm very very right.

Tsynr
09-29-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't disagree. There are tapering levels of enjoyment people get from things, but to say someone is not a fan because they don't know Bob or David's birthday for example is a little silly. I know that sounds like a strech but this chick argued with me about what a "true" 311 fan should be for like 45 minutes before I just walked away.

Oh yeah, you're a comedy elitist.:D

SixStrangSmoker
09-29-2003, 11:01 PM
i'd do her

Tsynr
09-30-2003, 09:23 AM
heh, you'd regret it.

SixStrangSmoker
09-30-2003, 05:46 PM
i meant Mila Kunis...i'd do her

NoMoreOil!
09-30-2003, 10:11 PM
P-Nut

(Aaron Charles Wills)

Born: 6/5/74

Anna
10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I think that people who qualify stuff like fandom and turn it into some kind of Who's The Coolest most REAL Fan Contest are sort of like that character David Cross plays who sits with Droopy at the Donut Shop--The one who's talking about not owning a TV and says (I'm paraphrasing) "Notice I didn't say TV because TV is a nickname which is something you only give your friends and television is no friend of mine!"

I think Bob and David would be the first people to make fun of pretentious fans. I think it's better to try to expose as many as people as possible to the Mr. Show phenomenon and I think Bob ands David have kind of said the same thing in interviews.