PDA

View Full Version : MJK on Mr. Show

Globochem
07-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I was looking up Maynard James Keenan (of Tool and A Perfect Circle) on www.imdb.com and apparently he was on Mr. Show in 1995-96. Does anyone know what skits and episodes he is in?

CptPlanet
07-12-2004, 05:40 AM
correctomundo. and he had a small cameo in run ronnie run during the party scene. along with the rest of hollywood

3v3+Z
07-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Wasn't he in other episodes too, or am I bananas? (And you can only choose ONE.)

RizzleMcIzzle
07-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Wasn't he in Mr. Show: The Credits for a couple seconds? Not the one where Bob and David fight, but the one where everyone says stuff about why they liked the credits.

3v3+Z
07-12-2004, 08:08 AM
I think so. After "Coupon: The Movie", right?

RizzleMcIzzle
07-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah, he acts like he doesn't want to be seen.

agent_PUNT
07-12-2004, 10:47 AM
He was the lead singer of Pucifer in the Ronnie Dobbs skit I believe.

baghutch
07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
i'm also fairly positive he plays one of the founding fathers in the "spank" sketch. i think he plays the one who comes up with the flag with the toilet on it. i may be wrong though.

meeshee1
07-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
He was the lead singer of Pucifer in the Ronnie Dobbs skit I believe.

Yup! RONNIE DOBBS RONNIE DOBBS! And yeah he was the guy at the end of coupon the movie (well, one of em) standing there in front of the theatre... I think he may have had some other little cameos other places also....

gerald hennessy
07-15-2004, 11:59 AM
you are wrong baghutch that was... (fuck!)--i can't find his name. anyone?

3v3+Z
07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
I just had to look it up 'cuz it was bothering me so much. I KNEW that couldn't have been right about (Good Stuff) Maynard being in the "Founding Fathers" sketch, but I figured someone else is gonna know and take care of that shit. I guess I'm not the only one who thought that. ANYWAY, it's a guy named Jack Plotnick playing "Button Gwinnett". Where the hell is HE the rest of the series? That's so weird. NOBODY that has a real roll in a sketch is on there just ONCE, are they? I mean, unless they were already somewhat famous and did a cameo as a favor. Anyway, I was trying to place where else I recognized that guy from, so I looked him up on the IMDb. He was "Slim Organbody" on Conan. He was on "The Jenny McCarthy Show" on eMpTy-V. I didn't watch enough of that to remember specifically what he did, but they actually DID have a pretty talented cast on that show. You wanna hate it for the same reason fans of quality rock & roll wanted to hate The Monkees, but goddamnit, there was some good shit there. He also did a few "Reno 911"s.

gerald hennessy
07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
nice work i just found it as well

he was also the leader of the carpet cleaning cult (that converted georges boss--mr wilhelm) on seinfeld in the epidode "the checks".

yo

baghutch
07-15-2004, 03:04 PM
yeah i wasn't sure anyway, i was just guessing. i just thought that they both looked alike, and since i don't know a whole hell of alot about tool... you get the idea.

3v3+Z
07-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by baghutch
i'm also fairly positive...Originally posted by baghutch
yeah i wasn't sure anyway, i was just guessing.

Just thought I'd be a dick and draw attention to that.

baghutch
07-15-2004, 03:18 PM
yeah i was fairly positive because i thought the two people looked just like each other. i wasn't sure because i didn't look into it because i honestly didn't care. i also said "i may be wrong" in the first post. you'll see that if you READ it.

whatever, i guess i'm just retarded. we could go on and elaborate on my infinate stupidity or you could just drop it because honestly, who fucking cares if i was wrong?

agent_PUNT
07-15-2004, 03:28 PM
you can't just walk away from mistakes hutchy my boy... you gotta take your lumps. I mean for gods sake, what if we never went after all those nazi war criminals who now live in the US and Canada? I mean if we didn't make them own up to their actions , you know, the malicious torture of millions of innocent people causing one of the largest genocides in the history of the world...where would we be....

So you want to know who fucking cares if you are wrong???

Well the answer is me. Fuck.

(sorry for comparing you to a nazi war criminal...but someone had to say something.)

CptPlanet
07-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Do the nurses put little bits of rubber on the ends of the forks there so you don't hurt yourself when you're eating?

baghutch
07-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
(sorry for comparing you to a nazi war criminal...but someone had to say something.)
küssen Sie meine schwarzen Esel Mutterbumser.

RizzleMcIzzle
07-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Mea Culpa, I only speak Latin. Can we get a translator in here? I really want to know what it says now.

Back on subject, I was watching some third season episodes with commentary and during the Fuzz: The Musical, they mentioned that MJK was on the television while Terry is explaining how he wants to add music to the action of the show. It was footage from the first episode and he was with Ronnie Dobbs. So not only was he lead singer of Pucifer, but he was also just some guy.

Now I'll just sit back and watch as this thread continues to go off track and in the process, becomes extremely hilarious and entertaining.

tjamick
07-15-2004, 07:12 PM
he was also hugging ronnie in the same sketch. they were both drunk and ronwell was being pulled away by the fuzz.

CptPlanet
07-15-2004, 10:19 PM
The capitalized words are nouns. Hope that helps because that's all the German I know that isn't a Rammstein song.

CptPlanet
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Okay I translated it and it means "Kiss my black donkeys Mutterbumser".

3v3+Z
07-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by baghutch
küssen Sie meine schwarzen Esel Mutterbumser.

"kiss my black donkeys Mutterbumser."

That's the best I can do with BabelFish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/). But I have it on good authority that "donkeys" was probably intended to be possessive, not plural. And "Mutterbumser" evidently means very buxom groomer.

CptPlanet
07-15-2004, 11:12 PM
YOU WERE IN AFTER THE BUZZER STEVE! I'M SO SORRY OLD CHAP.

3v3+Z
07-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I noticed when I previewed my post that you had already gotten the automated internet translation. I considered scrapping my post at that point, but you didn't go the extra mile of fixing what didn't translate. And I considered commenting about the fact that you beat me to it, but I figured that nobody pays any attention to you anyway.

RizzleMcIzzle
07-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Many thanks to the both of you for the translations.

CptPlanet
07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
Yeah, I noticed when I previewed my post that you had already gotten the automated internet translation. I considered scrapping my post at that point, but you didn't go the extra mile of fixing what didn't translate. And I considered commenting about the fact that you beat me to it, but I figured that nobody pays any attention to you anyway.

I assure you Steven, you'll be paying attention when my dick is in your ass and my balls are jingling on your chin!

3v3+Z
07-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
I assure you Steven, you'll be paying attention when my dick is in your ass and my balls are jingling on your chin!

Which one of us do you think is a contortionist? I don't think either of us is even really gay.

baghutch
07-16-2004, 01:46 PM
ok it said "kiss my black ass mother fuckers." i was making a joke but it's not really funny anymore because it's been analyzed too much.

damn.

3v3+Z
07-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah? Well I think YOU'VE been ANAL-ized too much!!!! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee-YOUCH!!!

I truly am sorry I just said that. I just couldn't help myself. You're cool by me, Hutch.

CptPlanet
07-16-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah hutch you're cool enough to hang with us.