PDA

View Full Version : Please re-post

klaus_kinski
07-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Can someone re-post that link to the David Cross top 5 lists? His girlfriend Sarah is #1 on one of the Top 5's and I want to forward her the link.

Peace

Pig Josh
07-29-2004, 11:29 AM
http://www.crailtap.com/c3/feature_features/fives_cross.html

Tammy Dobbs
07-29-2004, 11:49 AM
So, you know her? What is she like?

klaus_kinski
07-29-2004, 01:37 PM
She's quite nice and funny. At the risk of sounding corny, DC is very very lucky. She works at a bar I frequently go to to see bands. I usually stay til after closing as I am friends with the other guys that work there as well. DC RARELY stops in, but I do party with her.

3v3+Z
07-29-2004, 02:25 PM
That's a RE-post??? How the godfuck did I miss that the first time???

Tammy Dobbs
07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Please tell her she is my hero.

agent_PUNT
07-30-2004, 08:13 AM
wow, where I come from we call that a "vicious retort". I guess I shouldn't tell you guys that I'm dating Hilary Duff or I'll be the next victim.

klaus_kinski
07-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Actually the e-mail would read more like:

"LOL! I could just die! David like Luvs you n' stuff! LOL! :-) You like #1 on a top 5 list! LOL!!!! ROFLMAO!!! I like totally think bald guyz are totally grody, but David is like totally funny n stuff! Gotta run! I am totally going to watch Ashton! He always wears trucker hats. LOL!"

Dobbs
08-04-2004, 11:52 PM
One of his favorite movies is Salo?

The poop eating one from the 70's?

tjamick
08-05-2004, 12:55 AM
only "poop eating" movie i know of is "Pink Flamingos"

3v3+Z
08-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by tjamick

I remember hearing an interview with the man who played Divine who played ... something in a ton of John Waters' movies. As I recall, he mentioned becoming a little concerned after having eaten the dog shit and wanted to know if he should be concerned for his health. (It's times like these when I really wish we had a decent set of gender-non-specific pronouns to work with!) I think the story was that he called up a doctor and made up a story about his son eating dog shit or something. I don't remember. I THINK that interview is on line here (http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1148034), but I don't especially feel like listening to it again, thank you very much.

Dobbs
08-05-2004, 02:34 AM

The movie Salo from the 70's has more poop eating, talking about poop, and pooping than any John Waters movie I've seen. It's truly gross. It's on DVD now, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like to look at poop or just checking out crazy movies.

3v3+Z
08-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Dobbs
The movie Salo from the 70's has more poop eating, talking about poop, and pooping than any John Waters movie I've seen. It's truly gross. It's on DVD now, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like to look at poop or just checking out crazy movies.

I looked that movie up when you first brought it up to see what the fuck it was. I don't believe it is currently available on DVD in the United States, based on what I read. It seems there WAS a version that Criterion released a few years back, but I guess they had to pull it pretty quickly due to some dispute over whether or not they actually owned the rights to release it. I think there is a "Region 2" DVD available if you have the means to play it and the stomach to wat-shit.

Anyway, in "Pink Flamingos" Divine eating dog shit is REAL! That's what they SAY anyway. Not that I'm in any position to confirm or deny that story. It's just a question of whether or not you wanna take them at their word, I guess.

Personally, I plan never to see either of those movies.

klaus_kinski
08-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Salo, aside from its shocking images of torture and feces eating, is a very extraordinary film. Criterion released it but quickly pulled it from the market. There are very few REAL Criterion versions in circulation, but there are plenty of bootlegs (Thanks Japan!). REAL Criterion copies sell for upwards of around $500.00 on eBay and can be identified by a white ring around the hole in the center of the DVD. It is easy to find on VHS. If you haven't seen it, you should. THere is this one scene where these guys take some of the teenage prisoners out to a courtyard to torture them. As one of the people has his tongue cut in half and his eyes gauged out (which they show.... man does it look real), there is a guy in the villa jerking off while watching. VERY FUCKED UP, DUDES AND DUDETTES! But Passolini is a master end of story.

Dobbs
08-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by klaus_kinski
But Passolini is a master end of story.

I didn't think this movie was genius. I thought it was shocking, which is quite an accomplishment coming so many years after it was released, but other than that what did it offer? Some of the scenes were pretty, some of them were funny, but it seemed to offer more shock value than real social commentary.

Fascism sucks and fascists like to eat shit isn't exactly cutting edge commentary, even in the 70's.

I appreciate the fact that he pushed bounderies, but I still don't think this movie was brilliant.

humectress
08-30-2004, 06:24 PM
What bar is it that she works at???

agent_PUNT
08-31-2004, 08:57 AM
She works at the Slosh Bucket. on W42nd.

It's a hangout for, oh I don't know... let's say it's a hangout for anorexic lesbian body builders.

Anyways, it's called The Slosh Bucket if you must know.

humectress
08-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks!

agent_PUNT
08-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Okay! You're Welcome!

scotch-romanian
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
WASn'T SuPPosED tO TAlK AboUT THIs, shhhhhh...

Rabot
04-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Shit, he likes the bicycle thief?

Brain Stew
04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by scotch-romanian
yes, I'm related to Terrence Malick and proud of it
Not to be a dick, but The Thin Red Line was the most boring movie I've ever seen.

tjamick
04-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Not to be a dick, but Siamese Dream was the most boring album I've ever listened to.

Brain Stew
04-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Not to be a dick, but Siamese Dream was the most boring album I've ever listened to.
That's cool, it's not for everyone!

scotch-romanian
04-28-2005, 07:26 PM
WASn'T SuPPosED tO TAlK AboUT THIs, shhhhhh...

apotatojudge
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Is the Thin Red Line the movie that starts out kind of cool, but is so fucking long and boring? There are all these super long artsy shots of, like, a leaf in some standing water?

Brain Stew
04-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by apotatojudge
Is the Thin Red Line the movie that starts out kind of cool, but is so fucking long and boring? There are all these super long artsy shots of, like, a leaf in some standing water?
Pretty much.

A bunch of prettyboy actors play "rugged" soldiers who contemplate the horrors and the cost of war. YAWN.

CptPlanet
04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Brain Stew
Pretty much.

A bunch of prettyboy actors play "rugged" soldiers who contemplate the horrors and the cost of war. YAWN.

what like apocalypse now? that was a pretty good movie.

Brain Stew
04-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
what like apocalypse now? that was a pretty good movie.
No, Apocalypse Now was actually cool there was actual strife although I'll admit it was a tad bit long.

Thin Red Line is just boring. It's hard to explain, you have to see it for yourself.

CptPlanet
04-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Apocalypse Now was self-indulgently long but I still love almost every scene so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Apocalypse Now Redux was pure and simple masturbation though.

agent_PUNT
04-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CptPlanet
pure and simple masturbation.

Versus the usual pure and complicated masterbation?

Or the impure kind? oh shit. that one makes sense.