PDA

View Full Version : Crossy on Air America TONIGHT!

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Just in case anybody still exchanges useful information on this website... ( :rolleyes: )

David Cross is gonna be on "The Majority Report" (Janeane's show) on Air America (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) either THIS HOUR or NEXT HOUR. (I think next hour.)

Pali
08-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Hoorah! Something to do while I'm sitting here unable to sleep!

oooo and Janeane just said 'hey there's david cross'. To think, I was just 5 metres away from him 4 days ago.

And I don't loathe Americans..silly lady

Rabot
08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Hot Damn! I must tune in online, if only I lived in one of the privillaged areas to accutualy recive this station...

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 08:57 PM
He's on NOW, but he's competing for airtime with a BUNCH of other people, so you can't hear much of him.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:06 PM
We just got an affiliate in Ann Arbor, but it's VERY low wattage and I can't pick it up. So I imagine that, UNFORTUNATELY, that probably means I'm not gonna get an affiliate that I can actually HEAR any time soon because it would more than likely cross over into that area. I should really get Sirius at some point. (XM doesn't air as much of Air America's real programming.)

Rabot
08-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Steve you are mising out. They are making fun of Arnold and it rocks. You can listen to it through thier site on your PC, thats what I'm doing. Hurry up, it's not over.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
I thought I was telling you guys that. I'm listening!

Rabot
08-31-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't get it, I'm just as confused as a young George Michael now...

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:20 PM
And just a reminder for anyone missing it, they archive it here (http://www.airamericaplace.com/archive.php).

Pali
08-31-2004, 09:24 PM
So, is it me or is Arnie repeating the same line over and over and over and over and over?

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabot
I don't get it, I'm just as confused as a young George Michael now...

I listen to Air America all the time when I'm home. I'm just saying I wish there was an actual affiliate that I could listen to in the car and at work and so forth.

Sorry for the confusion.

Of course, I don't think any of the affiliates play EVERY Air America show, and a lot of 'em play the shows at the wrong times. I want a non-bastardized version of Air America. I doubt I'll ever get that.

Rabot
08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 3v3+Z
I want a non-bastardized version of Air America. I doubt I'll ever get that.

Like that'll ever happen in My gods america.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Every time I hear this dude saying "first aid spray" in that commercial, I think he's talking pig-language. I mean pig-latin. Sorry.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Ever drink spoiled milk by accident? That's the feeling I get when I try and listen to these kind of speeches without the kind of filter that Air America is supplying. It STINKS when you get too close to it and if you happen to actually SWALLOW a little bit of it, you can't shake that taste for about a month. It just triggers that same kind of gag reflex.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
godDAMN, I hate these commercials! "Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot." Fucking bumper sticker "humor"!!!!

Pali
08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Not sure why..but I keep listening to all these adverts and think to myself 'Well that's not very funny at all.'

Then I realise it's not meant to be.

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Pali
Not sure why..but I keep listening to all these adverts and think to myself 'Well that's not very funny at all.'

Then I realise it's not meant to be.
But a lot of 'em ARE meant to be funny! They're just not going for a sophisticated "Mr. Show" type of audience, specifically. I guess the right doesn't have a lock on piss-poor "humor". "Blue Collar TV" is not just for white-hooded rednecks, I guess.

Someone please KILL this "The Revolution Starts... Now" ad!!!!!!! I can't TAKE that one any more!

Rabot
08-31-2004, 10:05 PM
I think this was worse than the comercials though...do you remember the part where they started dissing fox, both DC and Jason Batemen are on arested developement, which is on FOX. Jees, I mean come on guys, thats so flippin' hypicritical...

3v3+Z
08-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Rabot
I think this was worse than the comercials though...do you remember the part where they started dissing fox, both DC and Jason Batemen are on arested developement, which is on FOX. Jees, I mean come on guys, thats so flippin' hypicritical...
You're joking, right? You must be. A guy with a crucifix dildo for an avatar wouldn't put a word like "flippin'" in a serious post.

Just in case you are serious, we've all gotta work. How often does a show as good as "Arrested Development" come along? If you want to make a living, you HAVE to sell your soul to SOMEBODY. Look at all the shitty movies David Cross has been in and imagine the shit he's turned DOWN! And if you're a Jason Batemen, you have even LESS options! Look (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000867/) at what he was up to prior to that. Not much! What was he gonna do, hope for an "It's Your Move" reunion special? By the way, I'm still pissed at The Grateful Dead for ripping off "The Dregs of Humanity" for their "Touch of Grey" video. (I'm probably the only one here old enough to remember that, huh?)

Rabot
08-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, I was joking...so the second part of your post is unneccissary. I do realize that they had to sell thier souls. Look at Bob and Miller. And I was glad that David did not become a whore of the fox network and chime in with, "they're acctualy not all that bad..."(not that I expected him to...but I was listening for it anyway...)

Pig Josh
09-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Shit, I missed it. I'll try to get that archive thing to work.

Oh, and 3v3+Z, I'm old too.

Pig Josh
09-01-2004, 01:08 PM
There's pics up at
http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/index.php

If I didn't know better it appears that they're drinking Bud Lite.

sweet_Gerald
09-02-2004, 01:45 AM
He's right on as far as bush is concerned and seems like a nice guy, but he has no delivery and just kinda gets in JG's way. is it me or does he kind of bug her?

3v3+Z
09-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by sweet_Gerald
He's right on as far as bush is concerned and seems like a nice guy, but he has no delivery and just kinda gets in JG's way. is it me or does he kind of bug her?
He gets on her NERVES! He's always saying "hub-bub-baloo" and Janeane always SCREAMS back at him, "It's 'HUBBUB' or 'HULLABALOO'!!! Not 'HUB-BUB-BALOO!!!!!" And he's always saying "nucular"... There's a bunch of others too, but I can't think of 'em. I had a link here a while back to a clip of a show he did called "Pilot Season" that actually looks quite good! Apparently they're showing it -- or going to -- on the Trio network, but I don't get that. Obviously Sam and Janeane are FRIENDS, and obviously she thinks he's funny. But it's obvious, to me at least, that this little radio experiment is not going to work out for them. Sam might be a good PRODUCER for the show or something. I think (and I could be wrong) that he does these little voice-over things at the beginning and end of segments. He seems well suited for that kind of production work. Just KEEP HIM THE FUCK OFF THE LIVE MIC!!!!! And for garden seed, DON'T LET HIM NEAR THE 360!!!!! [The 360 is the "DigiCart" machine they use to play audio "drops".] I think Janeane COULD get really good at this, if she gives it -- and is given -- enough time. But she NEEDS a better co-host! She's not ready to do it solo, and Sam is NOT the one to take the show forward. Janeane & Al Franken are well known names and were NEEDED to get this network off the ground. But I think A LOT of their original hosts are going to end up being sacrificial lambs. I imagine that was probably part of the original strategy, at least from the perspective of some of the people behind the station: They get some names that people know. If they work out, GREAT! If not, they helped get people like Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy (and hopefully, eventually Peter Werbe (http://www.peterwerbe.com/)) broadcasting to a big, national/international audience.