PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher: Racist?

kmc
09-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Is it just me, or is it getting harder to avoid the conclusion that Bill Maher is racist? His tirade against Muslims on last week's Real Time was breathtaking in its narrow minded nastiness. How many minutes would it have taken for HBO to have pulled the plug if he directed the same comments towards the black community?

GunsNJosh
09-21-2003, 05:59 AM
shutup pussy. Let a man have opinions without demanding that he stop having those opinions because you find it offenisive. That's absurd. Think with your brain not the ribbon on your shirt.

NoMoreOil!
09-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah you stupid pussy!!! You pussy bitch. ! Guns and Josh keep slayin these idiots with your fantastic charms and wits. You are just fabulous. Thanks for being a small part of my life. And amen to that shirt ribbon brain thing. Thats deep and stuff. And the way you just contradict yourself is priceless....like when you say hey "Shutup pussy. Let a man have opinions"...in response to his opinion. That was great. Keep up the great work and keep "rocking".

Tsynr
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Ya know I was about to say something, but I think NoMoreOil pretty much nailed it.

IndividualMind
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
GunsNJosh says
"shutup pussy. Let a man have opinions without demanding that he stop having those opinions because you find it offenisive."

If Bill Maher said anything that even make jews look slightly bad, his show would have been pulled off in the blink of an eye, and he would have been tarred and feathered by the media. if you say anything bad about jews, thats "anti-semetic", if you say anything bad about catholics, then your just "ignorant", but if you say something bad about muslims, thats okay, because "let the man have his opinions."

the whole fucking world is a bunch of fucking hypocrites

AmericanCaesar
04-12-2004, 09:58 PM
if he had said something about arabs, that would be racist. saying something negative towards muslims is a shot at religion, and like him or not, Bill is equally abusive towards all religions and rightfully so.

sniff
05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
‘If you are racist, you’re probably a Republican’

So if your a black man that hates white people, your probably a democrat.. It would be safe to say there are just as many RACIST in both parties.

DoctorDelicious
05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Sniff, I hate to break it to you, but everyone arguing in this thread is dead now.

Whatever your opinion is on this matter, you win by default.

Dragonicus
05-12-2010, 04:17 AM
I listened to what Bill Maher said, and there was nothing racist about it. He is a comedian, and they say controversial things, for entertainment purposes. So lets stop being so sensitive, and taking things so seriously. That was my first point. My second point is, as an African American(AA), I would know that he is a comedian, and if he made jokes about certain stereotypical AA behaviors, I would probably be laughing, because stereotypes are funny sometimes. I also think that Islamic fundamentalists have some crazy tendencies, and that a great deal of their "rules" are ludicrous in application in American society. Also they take themselves too seriously. If you cannot learn to laugh at yourself( which I do quite often) you loose a great deal of levity, and your life becomes too stressful. I think all religion is too uptight, and that is why I am an esoteric atheist( I believe in a higher power, but not necessarily a "God" figure) and I think that in many cases religion leads one farther away from "God," rather than closer to it. Bill Maher is not a racist, he is an entertainer, whose style is edgy comedy designed to make one think. IF (and I capitalize it so as to avoid any offense to anyone reading it) you don't understand, it is simply because you have ceased to think outside of your Ego, and need to really take a moment to explore who you really are and leave your Ego behind, because it is not you, and you are not it.

Spitballa
02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Yea, his last spiel really confirms that he is pretty racist against Arabs.

First of all giving anecdotal evidence by saying Muslims or Arabs are bad because of what happened to Laura Logan or the one dude who cut his wifes head off, is really racist and dumb.

Its exactly what racist used to say about black people. Like using OJ against black ppl, " would a white athelete do that?"

What happened to Laura Logan was horrible, but using it as an example to condemn all Arabs is really horrible. The murder and rape by US soldiers doesn't represent every Christian, just as what happened to Laura Logan doesn't represent Muslims or Arabs. And, I don't want to get into the fact rapes occur just as often in western countries. This whole rationale is preposterous.

The simple fact is women are treated poorly in every thirld world country, equally poorly even. The country with leading female infanticide is India, a Hindu majority country. Country with the 2nd most amount of is China, a communist country. None of these countries is Muslim, but they have a tremendous amount of poverty and ignorance. This disproves the racist mindset that Bill is trying to sell us.

Ugh, and then going on about asking them, " Have you ever known someone who dated an Arab? They didn't have high remarks." Wow. This guy is seriously getting out of control now. Just think how racist and offensive that is. Incredible. I think Bill has lost a lot of left wing cred with his racism.