BUTM Community

BUTM Community (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   RIP Julie Self. (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/showthread.php?t=2349)

iAmBaronVonTito 06-25-2006 10:32 AM

promo 1

although we do not have a for sure location (but chances are good) i would still like everybody to spread this thing by word of mouth. any stage time you want to do is a free-for-all...in regards to sound and equipment to execute that...eh, ill have to ask around. i know someone did suggest that have someone who owes them favor: dude, we might have to call that favor in.

the answers to a lot of questions are unknown, but everyones support is what gotten this ball rolling. honestly, please keep up with: iambaronvontito.googlepages.com

i am currently uploading a video for everyone to see. i am also hoping i can have it viewed at the tribute, but whatev. im hoping it will make you laugh/cry/get goosebumps despite its simple presentation. any and all help is, and has been, much appreciated. it keeps me from getting discouraged and throwing this thing in the can. also, if you have any photos you would like to showcase, please let me know, we'll figure out how to have them displayed. comedians are artists too.

...and we still need a name! ive taken the suggestions i have so far and posted them on: iambaronvontito.googlepages.com and since i update it frequently, i would like to get a vote on what we should name it. the last thing i need is people complaining bc they think its a gay ass name.

i sent out a ton of messages to people on myspace, as well as post here and ive gotten the most replies here. in regards to myspace, it is tough when you send out forty messages (individually) and only three people reply. so perhaps ill stick to here.

thanks again everybody, please dont give up on this. itll be worth it in the end, i promise. oh, and if youre worried abot getting to san antonio and having food and shelter-

1) make it a group road trip (as a suggestion) its cheaper, and if there are ten of you...well, you get it.

2) julies mom makes the best fucking food everrr...especially during thanksgiving! (probably bc julie loved to eat, ha)

3) in regards to housing, again the ten person rule works very well (its the execution that is usually bad on this one) but not everybody will have ten people with them, so...i THINK julies mom was saying she could help out with that.

being that im in memphis, i have to coordinate this whole thing via internet and phone. if you have AIM:iambaronvontito (talk to me) things happen faster that way. also, if you need to, IM me, ill give you my number, we'll talk.

in cnclusion: a name! and any more suggestions anyone may have...since our possible location is a bar, maybe there will be food? who knows, we'll figure it out. and if you have any concerns, for fucks sake let me know! and if you cant make it out there, lets see if we cant find a way to get you out here. please please please, speak up!

thanks again,
leah 'long-winded' a.

agent_PUNT 06-27-2006 01:21 AM

I'm looking at plane tickets and it's not looking good. I might have to mail a video in for this year.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-27-2006 08:20 AM

dont fret

honestly, dont fret just yet. attempt to drive to another state close enough and see how much it will cost to fly from there. meanwhile, im still trying to get a idea for funding.

some people have suggested benefit shows theyll play, car washes, lemonade stands, etc. and then donate the money. at which point everyone can just bring the earnings to the tribute, or send them to julie or sarah laws's family. of course, lots of options, it should be organized, but its not.

keep those ideas coming!
and concerns....
but mostly keep in touch.

eventually we'll need a head count. p.s. TO JULIES MOM: do you know if the bar will be exclusively for the use of the julie and sarah laws tribute, or will we be sectioned off from the walking public/rubberneckers? its a question people have been asking.

enjoy your week,
leah a.

iambaronvontito.googlepages.com

SSelf 06-27-2006 01:56 PM

What do people want ? I want everyone to know about Julie and Sarah. I don't want the jokes just about them. I want to let the kids do their normal stuff too.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-27-2006 03:56 PM

we miss you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wW2gJA5E_4

heres a video dedicated to julie and sarah laws-

i think as a tribute we should have people telling stories, or things that julie and sarah laws told them (living in a comedy-gold-house together, for example) or the things they were afraid of or falling in love...nothing that would embarass them, but something for people to remember that it was more than always jokes and fun, that there were emotions and thoughts and insight.

theres an open door policy on ideas- lets hear them.
leah a.

Treebeard 06-28-2006 10:02 PM

a re-enactment of the first conference call would likely be in order

iAmBaronVonTito 07-17-2006 10:01 PM

s-p-e-c-t-a-c-u-l-a-r

any news on everyone getting together in san antonio? if i have a date, i can start budgeting how much money to save-

...and what info to give people. any more ideas?

from anyone? eh??

grunosito 07-22-2006 12:45 AM

I debated whether or not to post this. I debated whether or not to post at all. I decided that I should, with the simple hope that the knowledge that Julie and Sarah are still having an impact on people would be gratifying to those who knew them better than I.

Leah - I appreciate your page about these two wonderful young women. But because this thread is approaching 20 pages in length, and because I didn't particularly care for the passive voice and non-confrontational tone you used in your description of the accident and the events that followed, I've compiled my own version. I thought it might be useful to anyone like myself who is new to the story.

Any of you may repost it, edit it, add to it or ignore it as you see fit. I defer to you, her friends and family. I've attached it as a basic html file in order to avoid undue aggravation. I'm not entirely sure that a CliffNotes version is a good idea anyway, as it doesn't provide the introduction that these past 20 pages have.

As for your proposed celebration - I encourage you all to pursue it because something is better than nothing, and the desire to honor and remember a friend is better than something.

My regards and belated condolences.

grunosito 07-22-2006 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course the post preview would clear my attachment.

SSelf 07-22-2006 12:03 PM

goosebumps

We just got back from the coast. We had to get away for a while. Lynne and her boys, Bobby, Leah ang Garrett went out on a tour boat in the bay. After taking off the captain announced that he had to back it up, a ship was coming through. He said it doesn't happen often so just bear with him. To make a long story short, guess what the name of the ship was????????????????????? JULIE Isn't that just like her. GET OUT OF THE WAY I'M COMING THROUGH. That's the only ship we saw all week. Bobby took pictures of it . I'll get him to post a picture. I love you Julie, MOM

agent_PUNT 07-22-2006 12:23 PM

that's awesome. Was the boat wearing a pair of really ugly high heels?

SSelf 07-22-2006 01:24 PM

You hated those shoes also. She thought they were so funny looking, so she had to wear them.

iAmBaronVonTito 07-22-2006 02:36 PM

listening to journey

i apologize if you thought my overall description of the accident was "passive and non-confrontational", since its something i dont mind talking about, let alone describing- although, that doesnt mean i like to talk or describe it either.

in addition, i am unclear of the true facts regarding the cause of the accident; hence, i chose to be general in my summary. however, in light of your reply, i will post the description you have posted. the webpage is for everybody, not just me- and so...i will post everybodys thoughts and concerns.

leah a.

SSelf 07-22-2006 04:29 PM

Leah, don't apologize for a damn thing. To say one death is more tragic than the other is bullshit. Julie, Sarah and you were as one. The sad part is that you were left here to make people not forget them. We appreciate everything you've done. Have you talked to Toni? Some business paid for the old Central Park sign to ask for help. The message will run for thirty days. Love Susan

RRack 07-22-2006 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You know, I'm not sure if it's just that I'm just more sensitive to things and look at things in a different light or maybe I'm jus searching for my own answers and want things to happen but at least once a week strange little things keep making me stop, sit back and think for a lil bit. Like my mom said, this was yet another really really wierd deal. We were on a huge tripple decker paddle tour boat in the bay. A tug was pushing a barge and comming real close through the bay near the USS Lexington and State Aquarium. We wouldn't have even noticed anything but the captain announced over the intercom that we had to spin around in a circle and give way to them. He seemed to make a really big deal about it and said it was very rare for this to happen but he'll take care of it. He aggressively spun the boat. We went around once and I saw what I thought it said on the port side of the tug. It sorta seemed like everything got quiet and I kept fixed on the tug. I knew what it said but really didn't believe it. Then I saw the back. I mean jeez! The Texas coast has been our vacation for the past several years which Julie loved! Since when has anyone just plainly named a boat with a single first name...come on...how bout Deep Trout...or Puddle Pirate...come on Julie help me out here...Smells Like Fish...there you go! Thanks for keeping me on my toes baby Sis! Love yas much!

http://homepage.mac.com/rrack/PhotoAlbum50.html