BUTM Community

BUTM Community (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   RIP Julie Self. (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/showthread.php?t=2349)

SSelf 01-20-2008 02:32 PM

I miss you so much Julie. Life sucks without you. MOM

Tommy 01-21-2008 12:58 PM

Just going through some stuff and came across this. This was a voicemail Julie left me when she came to NY. Still miss her...

http://waveny.com/JulieCalls.mp3

SSelf 01-22-2008 02:35 PM

Tommy, It feels good that others haven't forgotten her. I don't wish this pain I have on anyone. Thank you, Susan

Upskii 01-23-2008 06:36 AM

Susan,

This place has just not been the same without Julie. She was the life of the party here, and it was inalterably dimished when she left us. The site has become a ghost town because we are reminded of how much we miss Julie when we come here, and then we just don't much feel like talking about comedy. None of us will ever forget Julie. We will always cherish the terribly breif time we knew her. She infused a joyus and playful spirit in everyone she met, and in that way she was a teacher of sorts. It's been a tremendous loss to everyone who knew her, but her spirit lives in all of our hearts, and in that way she has made the world a better place. Julie was a beautiful wonderful person, and we all really, really miss her.

Mike

SSelf 01-23-2008 12:05 PM

Julie would want you and the others joking around. Her thing was to make fun of everyone and everything. She would piss me off on purpose, just to say only kidding, Mom. The pain is so strong sometimes. I appreciate what you said so much, but we can't stop laughing. She would be making fun of us for feeling so bad about her leaving. She is not gone. She is watching all of us. We better live up to her standards. Thank you again, Susan

iAmBaronVonTito 02-26-2008 05:08 PM

i miss you

this makes me feel so FUCKING good.

im reminded of her every day. and i still talk about julie like she is still around, "this one time, my friend julie..." and not ONE day goes by...truly, not a day passes where someone doesnt ask me about my tattoo.

i tell them what a great person i/we lost. and i tell them about how ive never known anyone as funny as julie. i took a lot of pride in knowing her, and for knowing her as long as i did. even moreso, i was absolutely floored and flattered when julie told me i was one of the funniest people she knew. thats always meant a lot to me. i met julie at the perfect time in my life, and saw her for the last time only a few months before. i got her for a whole week! i miss her every day.

i have been running away also. and it makes me a true bastard. julie will never stop being one of my best friends, and one of my major life-changing influences. until the day i die. susan/"mom", youve turned the light on- ive got to keep the jokes coming.

in memory of julie.

iAmBaronVonTito 03-11-2008 08:44 PM

julie self and sarah laws documentary

dear friends and family of julie self and sarah laws,

my two friends have been on my mind very much. i started a project a long time ago and dropped it because i was finding that i was getting nowhere. the people who could help could only get halfway themselves, or for unknown (personal/financial/etc) reasons we all couldnt quite pull together and get this train moving.

moving forward, i would like to pick this up again and get a documentary about these two wonderful friends we lost. some of you know sarah laws more than others, and some of you know julie self more than others. some of you may know neither. pay no attention to that. starting now, i would like to resurrect this idea and get everyones ideas on what they want in this piece.

i want to know ideas, i want to know how YOU would want to see a short film/documentary/full feature on the likes, loves, and standing ovation of two people set to conquer the world with comedy and art.

for starters, i think it would help if a community was developed for this cause. since creating a myspace for both of them (pre-myspace comedy profiles), add them as a friend(www.myspace.com/jokingaroundwithjulieself). also, if you have any sound clips, videos, etc. of either julie, sarah laws, or both, please! send them in and i will post them immediately. i want to see this flourish. additionally, any stories you have would be wonderful- leave comments! i am looking forward to getting this off the ground...again!

i miss both julie and sarah laws, as i know much of you do, and would love to see their lives captured for their friends and family. personally, i want to visit everyone who knew julie and sarah laws. i would like to set up interviews with family and friends, hear stories, get pictures, and maybe figure some shit out. not everyone knows whats been going on with betty ward, the trials, and how our loss will be avenged, if legally.

and i may be spinning my wheels here. but i am having a hard time sitting here, slowly forgetting what they sound like, and what memories i have slowly get lost in the things i have to remember for work, or next weekend, or will i have enough money for rent. unfortunately, due to the overwhelming responsibility that comes with this project, and my lack of resources, any and all help would be appreciated. i want as much feedback for the sake of creating an end result we can all get behind.

please reply with thoughts, ideas, and questions. i want to make this something we can all call our own. thank you.

SSelf 04-16-2008 06:03 PM

I love you .....................MOM

SSelf 05-08-2008 12:31 PM

I can't stay away.......A minute doesn't go by that I'm not thinking of you. I love this site, your friends are as crazy as you were. This is the only place I can go that I feel your presence. I know some people don't understand why I can't let it go. The pain never goes away. At least I can laugh here. I'm sure you would be making fun of me ,so be it. I Still love and miss you.....................MOM

ritzik 05-24-2008 01:26 AM

This thread makes a strong case to keep this site up forever.

SSelf 06-18-2008 03:18 PM

It's been three years ago today you left us. I miss you every minute of every day. It's so unfair. ..........................Love you MOM............. I'll be back soon, it's to hard to talk today.

SSelf 08-29-2008 12:47 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER....................I love and miss you...................MOM

SSelf 10-15-2008 12:23 PM

Good News

Betty Best Ward was found guilty on seven counts, for causing the death of Julie and Sarah. I hope this information gets to the ones who knew the girls. What has happened to this sight??????????

DoctorDelicious 10-23-2008 02:21 AM

I think a number of them can be found still on myspace.

Bob Hope 02-21-2009 11:43 PM

illocal comedy

Very Sad....

RRack 04-20-2010 06:14 PM

...just thinking about you and still trying to make sense of all this. Take care of all of us!

ladyjaja 03-24-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaza (Post 37040)
I will be there, definately (if it doesn't sell out before I buy tick's from the BO). I'm very sad that Julie had passed and hope her friends/family's can find peace/happiness.

────────────────────
I share a collection of fashion ideas just as braidsmaids Dress
Island wedding dresses is my way of style
Nothing is impossiable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSelf 06-18-2012 02:32 PM

Always thinking of you . It's been seven years today. I miss you more and more every day. Love MOM

SSelf 08-30-2012 08:19 AM

I have to come back here to tell you happy birthday...............I love you, Mom

RRack 08-27-2015 11:08 AM

Just checking in... Miss you! I'm trying to keep your ancient MySpace account active. I need to push all your older material to the new version (not that anyone really uses it anymore but there's some great stuff on there) but, can't remember your password... gotta do some meditating... think it was something apple... coffee...darn it...