BUTM Community

BUTM Community (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   RIP Julie Self. (http://blowupthemoon.com/community/showthread.php?t=2349)

RRack 01-25-2006 04:07 PM

http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multime... V&showpoll=No

agent_PUNT 01-25-2006 05:10 PM

Re: LETTERS

Quote:

Originally posted by SSelf
Agent, Punt, or should I say Nick?
please call me Nick.

i just watched that video. man that's hard to stomach.

klaus_kinski 01-25-2006 05:57 PM

Unbearable. That video just reinstalled a sense of grief back into me that I have been trying so hard to get over.

iAmBaronVonTito 01-26-2006 02:25 PM

every time i see the car, i get my ugh face
and the mup in my throat that means im about to cry

and they said sarahs name wrong:
laws...not lewis

RRack 02-16-2006 11:54 PM

The DAs Office called me this afternoon and told me that the Grand Jury DID NOT INDICT! No explanation at all. Just that they reviewed the "evidence" and did not feel that she did anything wrong!!!! How did they manage to find that many retards and put them in the same room? I was told however, that the witnesses that we supplied "were either contacted by the DAs Office or Bexar County Sheriffs Office". Well, if they were contacted by the BCSO, they are the idiots that screwed this up from the get go!!

It's difficult enough in trying to deal with this and search for answers of my own. And now to find out that this bitch will walk away from this without even stepping into a police department's office! It makes it real difficult to believe that "things happen for a reason".

I do my part in putting burglars in jail almost daily. As a matter of fact, the guys chased an idiot today for 3 outstanding traffic tickets! He's gonna be spending a little time in jail! This bitch DIRECTLY CAUSES an accident that takes two beautiful people from us! She sleeps sound in her own home! I have copies of the reports that states in the officers opinion that "her reckless behavior directly resulted in the deaths of these individuals". I will try and put it in a PDF file or something for ya'll. I spoke with a Detective that I know at work who used to work with our Traffic Investigations Unit. He told me not to worry and that the woman's statement along should be plenty to get her indicted. Does anyone else have a problem with our lazy, corrupt, worthless legal system? I need to start a new career!

IT IS NOT OVER! SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR THIS! I PROMISE JULIE!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v62/juwannapizza/

agent_PUNT 02-17-2006 12:28 AM

***big frustrating "sigh" of disbelief***

korigirl 02-17-2006 12:50 AM

Leah called me earlier to tell me this. My heart sank. I can't believe she's walking away from this. I am so sorry, Bobby.

RRack 02-18-2006 03:34 PM

One way or another she will not be walking away from this! This is total CRAP! We are set to have a meeting with the DAs Office in a week or so for them to try and explain how they screwed things up too...or should I say covered for the county's F!@# UP...keep in mind both the DAs Office and the Sheriff's Office are both Bexar County organizations. If someone screwes up, it's up the the coat n ties to cover it up and try fixing things.

We plan on hitting the Sheriff's Dept with complaint's about Det. Trevino and the entire so called investigation. Here's a link if you wanna scream too:

http://www.bexar.org/bcsheriff/internalaffairs.htm

I want so bad for this nightmare to end! But I will not allow it to end this way!

http://www.bettieward.com/bettiesite.html

5InchTaint 02-18-2006 04:04 PM

I hope she pays with time in jail but even if she went to trial, she'd probably just get probation/house arrest/community service with probably very little jail time. I'd keep persuing it but I'd also recommend considering filing a civil case against her. I know this isn't about money but you could make her pay through the nose. Considering she has a huge painting studio, she's got to have some dough and maybe you can decrease her quality of life for taking the lives of two others. Not justice, not equal, but at least it's something.

Treebeard 02-21-2006 11:11 PM

i just went through the photobucket linked above for the first time in a while.

im very sad again.

SSelf 02-22-2006 09:04 AM

Laugh for her

Please don't be sad. Celebrate Julie.

SSelf 04-30-2006 03:58 PM

Warning READ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't need this spreading around.....

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next days:

Do not open any message with an attached filed called "Invitation" regardless of who sent it, It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called "invitation", though sent by a friend,do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no re pair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW,

COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND! IT TO YOUR FRIENDS

AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

5InchTaint 04-30-2006 04:10 PM

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp
Virus: Invitation (aka Olympic Torch)

Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

Origins: The classics never go away, it seems, so just in time for the 2006 Winter Olympics someone has dusted off an old virus warning hoax (most commonly seen in its incarnation as the "[Virtual] Card for You" hoax) and reintroduced it as an "Olympic Torch" virus warning (also known as the "Invitation virus"). The same basic hoax has been circulating in various languages since at least 2000, with occasional changes along the way. No such (incurable) virus exists, has been identified by McAfee, or was reported on by CNN.

Additional information: A Virtual Card for You Hoax
(McAfee)
Last updated: 13 February 2006

SSelf 04-30-2006 04:46 PM

so I'm stupid

Thank you very much. It was sent to me this morning.

3v3+Z 04-30-2006 05:29 PM

Re: so I'm stupid

Quote:

Thank you very much. It was sent to me this morning.
Did the header say "Invitation"?

You ain't stupid. It probably didn't even occur to you that this could be a hoax. Now ya know. So bookmark Snopes. It's damn handy. Also, if someone tells you about something that was on CNN and it sounds a little suspicious, check out CNN's website. Or even check Google News. Some news organization would be covering it if there were any truth to it. And if "truth" ain't your thing, there's always FOX.

SSelf 04-30-2006 11:43 PM

Fox is a big no no

I never never never watch FOX. Julie would freak out if she caught anyone on that channel. I still laugh anytime I should accidentily stop on it.

SSelf 06-18-2006 09:30 PM

The worst year of my life

It was a year ago today we lost our beautiful JULIE. I'm so afraid that people will forget her. I still get so angry. There are days that I hate the world and everyone in it. Julie wouldn't approve. She would see humor in all this. I love her so much . I know I shouldn't be posting here, but I feel like I'm closer to her here with so many of her friends. Please don't forget her.

agent_PUNT 06-18-2006 11:40 PM

I'll never forget her. The more you post the better I feel.

korigirl 06-18-2006 11:43 PM

Susie, we will never forget her. I will never forget her. I love her so much and miss her the same. Wish I could be down there. I'm glad you got to see Nick, too bad I couldnt be there too.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-22-2006 06:00 PM

festival of laughs

i am attempting to get a festival together, a comedy festival...with amateurs, etc alike in honor of julie self. in conjunction with the loss of sarah laws on the same day, in the same "accident" i am going to incorporate photography amateur showcasing as well.

since i have never done this before, nor do i know anyone who has, i need a TON of help. i am going to need the following advice:

1) location, this includes city
2) annual occurence
3) funding
4) schedules
5) name the damn thing!

and thats as far as i want to go because im knee-deep in unknown shit. soon, i will be neck-deep, which will be a good thing becasue that means things will be happening then. i need a lot of advice...and im very serious about this festival. i dont want this idea to fizzle out.

this is for julie and sarah laws!
this is for julies family!
this is for sarah laws' family!

despite the loss of our friends, we need a day to remember how they made us laugh, and to laugh with them. please please please...help?

tjamick 06-22-2006 08:07 PM

Re: festival of laughs

Quote:

Originally posted by iAmBaronVonTito

5) name the damn thing!

Pot-AID-o Judge

SSelf 06-22-2006 10:05 PM

I vote for San Antonio

We'd love to meet some of Julies friends. We might even have a place. A very large sports bar. Leah call me. {210} 3827545

agent_PUNT 06-23-2006 01:27 AM

Re: I vote for San Antonio

Quote:

We'd love to meet some of Julies friends. We might even have a place. A very large sports bar. Leah call me. {210} 3827545
I originally planned on making it down to Texas in 2007 or 2008. But if you guys do a comedy show I will be there. Just give me 5 minutes of stage time.

Even if the only audience is friends and family, It would still be super fantastic.

scotch-romanian 06-23-2006 01:39 AM

I PMed Baron about this already but I'm offering to do 10 minutes of stage time.

SSelf 06-23-2006 07:21 AM

We would need more than five or ten minutes. We would want to hear all your stuff. We could also find ya'll places to stay, with family and friends . It would be so great.

scotch-romanian 06-23-2006 03:41 PM

I only said 10 minutes because Nick said 5 minutes, but the rest was true.:) I'll perform whatever I have for however long.

Thanks for the offer. If it happens in TX I will be there for sure and help out in any way I can.

RizzleMcIzzle 06-23-2006 03:55 PM

I'd be more than willing to contribute as a writer if that is needed. I think it would be really great if we could do some type of group write which could then be read/performed at the show. Also, if it turns out that you do need donations to support this financially, I could do that as well.

Please keep us posted on all of this. You'll always have a lot of support here.

agent_PUNT 06-24-2006 01:26 AM

...okay 15 minutes. I'll open with a joke that Julie loved but I have never actually used on stage.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-24-2006 01:41 PM

i live in memphis, tn

iAmBaronVonTito 06-24-2006 02:10 PM

p.s.

goto: iambaronvontito.googlepages.com for updates on whats going on!

thanks for your support everybody
leah a.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-25-2006 10:32 AM

promo 1

although we do not have a for sure location (but chances are good) i would still like everybody to spread this thing by word of mouth. any stage time you want to do is a free-for-all...in regards to sound and equipment to execute that...eh, ill have to ask around. i know someone did suggest that have someone who owes them favor: dude, we might have to call that favor in.

the answers to a lot of questions are unknown, but everyones support is what gotten this ball rolling. honestly, please keep up with: iambaronvontito.googlepages.com

i am currently uploading a video for everyone to see. i am also hoping i can have it viewed at the tribute, but whatev. im hoping it will make you laugh/cry/get goosebumps despite its simple presentation. any and all help is, and has been, much appreciated. it keeps me from getting discouraged and throwing this thing in the can. also, if you have any photos you would like to showcase, please let me know, we'll figure out how to have them displayed. comedians are artists too.

...and we still need a name! ive taken the suggestions i have so far and posted them on: iambaronvontito.googlepages.com and since i update it frequently, i would like to get a vote on what we should name it. the last thing i need is people complaining bc they think its a gay ass name.

i sent out a ton of messages to people on myspace, as well as post here and ive gotten the most replies here. in regards to myspace, it is tough when you send out forty messages (individually) and only three people reply. so perhaps ill stick to here.

thanks again everybody, please dont give up on this. itll be worth it in the end, i promise. oh, and if youre worried abot getting to san antonio and having food and shelter-

1) make it a group road trip (as a suggestion) its cheaper, and if there are ten of you...well, you get it.

2) julies mom makes the best fucking food everrr...especially during thanksgiving! (probably bc julie loved to eat, ha)

3) in regards to housing, again the ten person rule works very well (its the execution that is usually bad on this one) but not everybody will have ten people with them, so...i THINK julies mom was saying she could help out with that.

being that im in memphis, i have to coordinate this whole thing via internet and phone. if you have AIM:iambaronvontito (talk to me) things happen faster that way. also, if you need to, IM me, ill give you my number, we'll talk.

in cnclusion: a name! and any more suggestions anyone may have...since our possible location is a bar, maybe there will be food? who knows, we'll figure it out. and if you have any concerns, for fucks sake let me know! and if you cant make it out there, lets see if we cant find a way to get you out here. please please please, speak up!

thanks again,
leah 'long-winded' a.

agent_PUNT 06-27-2006 01:21 AM

I'm looking at plane tickets and it's not looking good. I might have to mail a video in for this year.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-27-2006 08:20 AM

dont fret

honestly, dont fret just yet. attempt to drive to another state close enough and see how much it will cost to fly from there. meanwhile, im still trying to get a idea for funding.

some people have suggested benefit shows theyll play, car washes, lemonade stands, etc. and then donate the money. at which point everyone can just bring the earnings to the tribute, or send them to julie or sarah laws's family. of course, lots of options, it should be organized, but its not.

keep those ideas coming!
and concerns....
but mostly keep in touch.

eventually we'll need a head count. p.s. TO JULIES MOM: do you know if the bar will be exclusively for the use of the julie and sarah laws tribute, or will we be sectioned off from the walking public/rubberneckers? its a question people have been asking.

enjoy your week,
leah a.

iambaronvontito.googlepages.com

SSelf 06-27-2006 01:56 PM

What do people want ? I want everyone to know about Julie and Sarah. I don't want the jokes just about them. I want to let the kids do their normal stuff too.

iAmBaronVonTito 06-27-2006 03:56 PM

we miss you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wW2gJA5E_4

heres a video dedicated to julie and sarah laws-

i think as a tribute we should have people telling stories, or things that julie and sarah laws told them (living in a comedy-gold-house together, for example) or the things they were afraid of or falling in love...nothing that would embarass them, but something for people to remember that it was more than always jokes and fun, that there were emotions and thoughts and insight.

theres an open door policy on ideas- lets hear them.
leah a.

Treebeard 06-28-2006 10:02 PM

a re-enactment of the first conference call would likely be in order

iAmBaronVonTito 07-17-2006 10:01 PM

s-p-e-c-t-a-c-u-l-a-r

any news on everyone getting together in san antonio? if i have a date, i can start budgeting how much money to save-

...and what info to give people. any more ideas?

from anyone? eh??

grunosito 07-22-2006 12:45 AM

I debated whether or not to post this. I debated whether or not to post at all. I decided that I should, with the simple hope that the knowledge that Julie and Sarah are still having an impact on people would be gratifying to those who knew them better than I.

Leah - I appreciate your page about these two wonderful young women. But because this thread is approaching 20 pages in length, and because I didn't particularly care for the passive voice and non-confrontational tone you used in your description of the accident and the events that followed, I've compiled my own version. I thought it might be useful to anyone like myself who is new to the story.

Any of you may repost it, edit it, add to it or ignore it as you see fit. I defer to you, her friends and family. I've attached it as a basic html file in order to avoid undue aggravation. I'm not entirely sure that a CliffNotes version is a good idea anyway, as it doesn't provide the introduction that these past 20 pages have.

As for your proposed celebration - I encourage you all to pursue it because something is better than nothing, and the desire to honor and remember a friend is better than something.

My regards and belated condolences.

grunosito 07-22-2006 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course the post preview would clear my attachment.

SSelf 07-22-2006 12:03 PM

goosebumps

We just got back from the coast. We had to get away for a while. Lynne and her boys, Bobby, Leah ang Garrett went out on a tour boat in the bay. After taking off the captain announced that he had to back it up, a ship was coming through. He said it doesn't happen often so just bear with him. To make a long story short, guess what the name of the ship was????????????????????? JULIE Isn't that just like her. GET OUT OF THE WAY I'M COMING THROUGH. That's the only ship we saw all week. Bobby took pictures of it . I'll get him to post a picture. I love you Julie, MOM