BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Reviews & Discussion > Books, TV Shows, Other > Late Night with Conan O'Brien

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

apotatojudge
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to apotatojudge
Late Night with Conan O'Brien

My name comes from an old 'Satelitte Television' show, called, "The Potato Judge." He was a very unfair judge who sentenced a boy to life in prison who came to report his bike was stolen.

Remember Stackenblachen? That sketch featured Ian Roberts as an angry German Police Officer. Contestants had to arrange objects on a table at a 90 degree angle.

Or 'Night or Day' (I can't remember how to say it), the Romanian game show where contestants in a windowless room had to guess if it was night or day, and if they were wrong they got shot.

The Cupcake Cowboy, which was Brian McCann dressed as a Cowboy who went around and stole cupcakes.

Remember when Conan was obsessed with the XFL? The XFL 'Superbowl' - The Mayor of L.A was going to bet a box of 'Who Gives a Rat's Ass?' while the Mayor of the other town competing bet a bucket of, 'Who Cares?'

"You've Just Won the XFL Championship - What are you going to do?"
  • "I'm going to Disneyworld... Gonna ask for my job back."
  • "I'm gonna try and find my wife and kids!"
  • "I'm going back to jail!"
  • "I'm gonna drive my Pinto into a brickwall."

Remember when Dino Stampotopolous used to dress up like Lincoln?

Which reminds me of the 'Lincoln Money Shot Channel.'

I'll stop - Someone else share some memories.

Last edited by apotatojudge : 12-17-2004 at 01:15 AM.
12-17-2004, 01:13 AM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
fritter
enjoys

i remember this one where an obnoxious precocious kid knew all this worthless shit about the presidents and marc maron was reticent about saying anything cutting about him because the blindly proud parents were backstage. the next day the skate punks at the kid's private school gave him a wedgie with his falutin' fag bowtie and took a watery shit in his complimentary canvas late night with conan tote bag. 9 years later the kid shot himself in the temple with a 3.47kbtu photon ray gun on the planet rotegaron.

kudos to you for remembering all that stuff, though. i am left with vague recollections of laughing a lot. i'm sorry for not contributing more amply, but i smoked a lot of afghani hash in the mid-late nineties and my recall of that period isn't very sharp.

i remember grady! and pimp-bot challenging ice-t!
survival tip #2: Spit Cooking. one of the easiest ways of cooking a small animal is by roasting it over hot coals. this can be done by running a skewer along the underside of the backbone and suspending the animal over the coals. make sure the skewer is not a poisonous plant.
12-17-2004, 02:51 AM fritter is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never saw Dino's supposedly infamous ostrich thing. What was that all about?

I like that old asian dude wearing the suit that protects him from three inch bees. And that song is KILLER! I think it's in 7/8 or some weird-ass time signature like that.

What the hell was that one satellite channel, something about cuckoo clock codpiece wearing... something. Hang on.

<cue Dr. John & Leon Redbone singing "Frosty the Snowman">

AHH! It was Country Cuckoo-clock Codpiece Zulu Warriors! I can't imagine how I forgot that.
12-17-2004, 05:54 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

Oh yea, they were awesome!

And I totally had forgotten about three inch bees guy!!

Also, do you remember when they would show Mother Teresa trashing her hotel room?

Or the Shannon Doherty is a bitch channel?

"Hi, Shannon, is this the coffee or the water?"
"I think it's water."
BITCH!!
12-17-2004, 06:06 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
5InchTaint
127mm anogenital distance

I watch Conan every night but I barely remember any of the sketchs. How are you able to remember them so vividly? I was wondering where you got your screen name Julie. I thought you were an actual potato judge in the state fair or something.

One sketch that really cracked me up was when Andy and Conan would do their staring contests and they show Hitler planting the Nazi flag on the moon. The bit was so bizarre that I started watching religiously after that.
12-17-2004, 08:33 PM 5InchTaint is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

My best friend who I met in eighth grade was obsessed with Conan too, and we used to go to school everyday, "Hey! Did you see this??" that lasted until senior year. Goodtimes, goodtimes.

Remember for Andy's last episode he finally got to win a staring contest? Congrats for him.
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
AndersLevant
FRIENDS WANTED

Send a message via AIM to AndersLevant
I know that little kid who is the presidential expert. I used to work at a golf course where he took part in a day camp for little kids. He and I used to talk about presidents. That's pretty much my story.

Also, he doesn't go to a private school, or at least when I knew him he didn't.
12-18-2004, 12:06 AM AndersLevant is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

Yeah, so what WAS that ostrich thing? No one ever told me.
12-20-2004, 01:53 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

I was trying to find a picture of it, but I don't remember the ol' Conan ftp site.

It was just an Ostrich that Conan would talk to.

Thanks for meeting me here!
12-20-2004, 02:17 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

Hey, I do what I can.
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

And now, courtesy our good friend klaus_kinski, I present to you all:

Stackenblochen
12-20-2004, 02:44 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
freetibetwpurch
Mr. Show Roadie

Send a message via AIM to freetibetwpurch
I always enjoyed conan and andy in the aisles. The one that sticks out in my memory is the meet joe black bit where they loop him staring at someone. They also did a bit on legend of bagger vance where that kid looks lovingly into matt damon's eyes. Andy being naked is always funny as well. This is kind of recent, but i can't remember ever laughing as hard as i did at one of those walker texas ranger clips. The kid jumps off a ladder and his father swears he'll catch him, but just sidesteps out of the way.

Quote:
Originally posted by SushiBarMachine
Too bad I'm such a young'n.
12-20-2004, 03:43 PM freetibetwpurch is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

Quote:
Originally posted by freetibetwpurch
This is kind of recent, but i can't remember ever laughing as hard as i did at one of those walker texas ranger clips. The kid jumps off a ladder and his father swears he'll catch him, but just sidesteps out of the way.

I fucking died laughing at that too. Conan was so horrified! And the next Walker clip that followed was great too. "Look at that cloud. It looks like a bear."
12-20-2004, 03:58 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
5InchTaint
127mm anogenital distance

Too bad they don't do that anymore. I really liked those Walker clips.
12-20-2004, 04:12 PM 5InchTaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Treebeard
misses Treebeard

Send a message via AIM to Treebeard
The Walker clips were indeed wonderful. And for whatever reason, I about died laughing last week (friday, i think) when they had the bird sitting in with the band playing the bongos, and it did "Sympathy for the Devil."
12-20-2004, 04:30 PM Treebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply