BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Artist Discussion > Mr. Show & Cast > Powerloafing

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

Rabot
Trustifarian

Send a message via AIM to Rabot
Hell's Kitchen is old news buddy. The hip new shit is on Fox Reality like Isolation.
06-03-2006, 03:00 PM Rabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Upskii
Didn't Laugh Once During Royal Tenenbaums

Agent_PUNT: You can get different sizes of the photos at this flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55132323@N00/

Plus, here's a pic of the Davidbot 5000 just off the assemply line :

And this is a dog fucking another dog and puking:

I gotta go down to the wine cellar for a bottle of Pinot Noir, and the stiars are long and arduous, but I'll try to post again in the next few hours.

m

http://www.powerloafing.com/
06-03-2006, 10:52 PM Upskii is offline   Reply With Quote
voodoochile
proprietary protagonist

Quote:
And this is a dog fucking another dog and puking:
Which episode was that from?
06-03-2006, 11:04 PM voodoochile is offline   Reply With Quote
Occupant
is in Da House!

That's really funny if you watch it backwards.
06-04-2006, 12:17 AM Occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
Upskii

Quote:
Originally posted by Roddimus
I made this pointlessly gay little sketch while starting to learn video progs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHRn-Vjii3A
I laughed at this. I think I shared a bag of chips with that dude in college, and we had the same conversation. The guy truly loves his flavored chips and his Conan tv show.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brain Stew
I've been working at my computer programming job.
As long as you don't have to think about it after work, it's a good day job.

Quote:
Posted by Dart Shitter and CaptainPUNT
im still waiting for life to happen to me...
There was this weathered poster near the subway where I lived in NY, it said: "Life is a journey, not a destination - Ralph Waldo Emmerson." It had a picture of a hot air baloon flying over the swiss alps on a crisp sunny day. I hope the description of this poster inspires you.

Quote:
Originally posted by ME!!!!
Get a day job and try to break into the comedy scene.
When I was there the UCB theater was the place to bust in. Another show called Surf Reality was where new stand ups would get time and work out. it's gone now, but I bet there's another in it's place.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pali
Hopefully I'll get to performing stand up and from there, who knows? Probably failure. The fact remains however that my love of comedy will always lie in the US, the comedy 'scene' in Britain is somewhat lacking.
From what I've heard you can actually make a living doing stand up based in London. That's really hard to do in New York or LA. (There are great rooms and shows in both cities, but they don't pay jack crap) There are still circuits across the south and mid-west, but you'd have to be on the road for most of the year to make a living. But, yeah, it's a thriving comedy scene. So much funny stuff going on right now.

Quote:
Originally posted by scotch-romanian
I wrote a full-length sketch the other day (finally). yay.
Cranking out a sketch makes me feel giddy and light headed sometimes. The rest of the day I feel like I did something.

Quote:
Originally posted by tjamick

I need to get back into stand up and writing. i have a few new jokes and am working on a few things, but i havent done enough.
I think Jerry Seinfeld is saying exactly the same thing right now. I sometimes feel the same way, I think everyone does at one point or another.

Quote:
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
I am starting up a comedy show in my hometown with a friend. we are hoping to do it once a month. travelling to Toronto to do some shows too... and playing the local crap comedy clubs.
I remember going into a bar once and seeing that it had a good stage and realizing that I had to do a show there. Having a show in a good room is a great way to network. It keeps you out there and you get to know other comics, and you get into other rooms easier.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerkpatrol
Brand new to the forum, and like to break my cherry, so to speak, by thanking Mike for giving all his sage-like advice to young comedy writers trying to break on thru. You're like a high-school guidance counsellor, if he did his fucking job.
Welcome Jerkpatrol. My high school guidance counselor met with me once. He looked over my report card, pointed to a C minus and said, "You've gotta get this grade up." That's it.

Quote:
Until cooked, the roast beef has a toothpaste like consistancy. Everything else is deep fried in grease. And almost everything lays around for about 12 hours before you eat it. I don't wash my hands and neither does anyone else.
Haven't you seen the sign in the goddam restroom? "It says All Employees Must Wash Hands." or you'll be fired and get a $50,000 dollar fine and they'll close down the place. I used to go to Arby's all the time when I had a office job near one. I'm gonna go puke now, or maybe fuck the dog first.

Quote:
Originally posted by CptPlanet
hey mike, ron lynch is fucking hilarious in powerloafing. pass it on.
He sure is. He's one of my favorite comedians ever, right up there with Buster Keaton.

Quote:
When is the Office Shooting incident episode of powerloafing coming out?/Why haven't you introduced a crazed white power janitor co-worker yet?
I actually had an idea on the drawing board once. I based a 1/2 hour Powerloafing pilot on something that happened at my day job when a guy made a joke about shooting up the office and got suspended. Some day I'll sell that show.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rabot
Creamy Center is my little brother, right now he is sitting on the couch staring at niothing with his hand in his far too long hair. He is blaiming an appointment he missed with a teacher on my mother and refuses to call and appoligise to her. He is making life hell for my parents! Hurray for adolesence. It's good to be visiting home.
Nothing a little military school won't straighten out. It must be hard to complain about his too long hair when you're sporting those those dreds though. But, maybe be ignorant, are rastas and hippies natural enemies?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerkpatrol
Its amazing, Fox can't find an audience or a place for the brilliant Arrested Development, yet I just saw an ad for a new Fox show called Hell's Kitchen.
Who greenlights this shit?
I ask myself this same question.

Quote:
Originally posted by voodoochile
Which episode was that from?
It's entitled "Dog Fucking Another Dog and Puking, Part I" I can't fathom how that moment got captured. Someone had to get the idea of videotaping their dogs fucking - a sick idea, and wrong. Or, maybe one of their dogs was sick, and they were going to tape it puking - also wrong and disguisting. But, due to unique and unreplicatable circumstances, they captured one of the finest moments since the invention of video tape. Sickos!

I'll look for more photos, I got a bunch.

06-04-2006, 01:32 AM Upskii is offline   Reply With Quote
voodoochile
proprietary protagonist

Quote:
It's entitled "Dog Fucking Another Dog and Puking, Part I" I can't fathom how that moment got captured. Someone had to get the idea of videotaping their dogs fucking - a sick idea, and wrong. Or, maybe one of their dogs was sick, and they were going to tape it puking - also wrong and disguisting. But, due to unique and unreplicatable circumstances, they captured one of the finest moments since the invention of video tape. Sickos!
I'll look for more photos, I got a bunch.
Can you find the Part II? The first one left me hanging, I was sure the dog was going to eat his own vomit.
06-04-2006, 03:03 AM voodoochile is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Send a message via AIM to CptPlanet Send a message via Yahoo to CptPlanet
Quote:
Can you find the Part II? The first one left me hanging, I was sure the dog was going to eat his own vomit.
it does, check youtube
06-04-2006, 04:18 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

hold up homie i got your back

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X8iztY-U9...h=dog%20puking
06-04-2006, 04:20 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

oh man im sure theres a version that doesnt have ginuwine and a gay ebaumsworld logo on it somewhere
06-04-2006, 04:21 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
ME!!!!
slowly becoming a deuch

Send a message via AIM to ME!!!!
Dear Mike,
I just realized I was wearing an undershirt under my undershirt. Write a sketch about that Fucky McSketcherson.
06-04-2006, 11:52 AM ME!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Occupant
is in Da House!

Quote:
He eats the vomit if you turn it backwards. Speaking of which, Arby's.
06-04-2006, 02:47 PM Occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

[quote]Originally posted by Upskii
Quote:
Originally posted by scotch-romanian

Why does Paul Greenberg write for Blue Collar TV?

Thank you for asking a Powerloafing related question, Scotch. A 4 to 1 ratio is not too shabby in these parts I would imagine. Paul Greenberg, the star of Powerloafing, worked on the first season of Blue Collar as a writer. Besides being a hilarious comedic actor, he's also a great sketch writer. He makes a comfortable living playing Carl in Powerloafing, but he loves to dabble in sketch writing occasionally, so he worked a season with Blue Collar for fun.
mike i think i just realized you were being sarcastic in this post! TALK ABOUT A SLEEPER!
07-07-2006, 07:04 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
voodoochile
proprietary protagonist

Quote:
mike i think i just realized you were being sarcastic in this post! TALK ABOUT A SLEEPER!
It's a fucking shame how much money some of those fuckers make. Maybe if they showed "Horse Apples" in place of the next airing of the next Blue Collar TV people would realize how fake that "Billy the Satillite Repair Man" hack is.
07-07-2006, 09:38 AM voodoochile is offline   Reply With Quote
Upskii

Holy crap, the thread hit 10,000 views and I missed it. I was gonny buy drinks when the odometer rolled over.
Quote:
Originally posted by CptPlanet
The affable me of today is bemused by the sarcastic me of a year and a half ago, who will both be loathed by the bitter me of the future.
Quote:
It's a fucking shame how much money some of those fuckers make. Maybe if they showed "Horse Apples" in place of the next airing of the next Blue Collar TV people would realize how fake that "Billy the Satillite Repair Man" hack is.
Vernon said they tried to get LTCG to do a cameo in Horse Apples, but could never get ahold of him or get a response from his management because of his busy schedule. Larry would've loved the script, but I think Dan would have stepped in and nixed the deal.

07-08-2006, 09:25 PM Upskii is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Quote:
i like his older stuff better. he's dressed like a perfect little gentleman!
07-08-2006, 09:35 PM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply