BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Artist Discussion > Bill Maher / Real Time > Will Ferrell Bush Ad

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

buttfor
Never Heard The Spam Song

Will Ferrell Bush Ad

http://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%7B06D...IGHTTALKHI.ASX
07-30-2004, 10:03 AM buttfor is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was great. Thank you. It doesn't have dick to do with Bill Maher or his show "Real Time", but thank you nonetheless.
07-30-2004, 04:33 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
buttfor

Ferrell Ad

Sorry but there seemed to be no other section of the site more appropriate than this one, dedicated to discussing politics and humor. Also, I got into a debate with a Michael Moore hater in this section a while ago and I was hoping for someone to get offended and post another angry anti-progressive rant. I liked the discourse and plus the guy was just wrong.

I am glad you enjoyed the Ferrell, despite it being posted in the worng place. I like the part where he asks if they're sure the horses aren't pumas and where he's hitting the tool on the fence and then says he's mending fences.
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM buttfor is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

The "Books, TV Shows, Other" section would have worked, as would've "General Discussions".

And Michael Moore is a big, fat, sloppy, piggy, smelly, slobby, dingleberried asshole. So where does he get the nerve bringing up important facts that the American media isn't telling the public about? I mean, come ON! Learn to properly WIPE, Michael! THEN we'll have our little debate about politics and stuff. I mean, jeeeeezzze!

Is that the kind of intelligent discourse you were looking for?
07-30-2004, 05:24 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
buttfor

discourse

Yep. You hit the nail on the head and so eloquent to boot. It is my sincere hope that we can keep up this kind of rational, well thought-out public debate. I mean maybe we can teach the pundits a thing or two about civility.

As for Michael Moore, I am not a big fan but the guy does bring up some things we ought to be talking about. If only he was a bit more visually appealing. You're right, he really ought to wipe.
07-30-2004, 05:51 PM buttfor is offline   Reply With Quote
buttfor

hippie prize

Was the kid at your work arguing that Nader's presence was...

Harmful to Democracy, just a waste of time or was he saying it won't make a difference in the outcome of the election?

I don't feel Nader is harmful to Democracy but he is definitely harmful to Democrats in the same way Ross Perot was harmful to Republicans.

Third parties are a rather futile gesture in a two party system but with all the non-profits like Americans Coming Together, Environmental Victory Fund and Punk Voter; I hope 3rd Party folks will get involved with their favorite issue instead of the Green or Reform or whatever that has no chance of winning w/o some major bloodshed and social unrest.

Lastly, I think if more than 2%-3% votes for Nader in this election, we will see another four years under Bush. Kerry is NOT the best man for the job but GW with the leash off is a scary prospect.

BTW, the braided hippie prize was hilarious.
08-05-2004, 07:55 AM buttfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Stabby
SPUDS MCKENZIEE

Send a message via AIM to Stabby
Want to see another hilarious campaign ad?

http://www.georgewbush.com/News/Mult...spx?ID=901&T=2

And this one's real!
08-05-2004, 04:25 PM Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

I saw that one before they put all those disclaimers at the beginning, which made it even stranger and more confusing. I could be wrong, but I don't think they had the thing at the bottom of the screen during the Hitler thing that said it was "SPONSORED BY MoveOn.org" at that time either. (By the way, that was just an ENTRY in a CONTEST that was open to EVERYBODY. But Y'all probably already know that.) Also, I'm not sure what to make of this, but I didn't see any kind of "I'm George W. Bush and I approved this message" type statement in EITHER version of this ad. It IS (and WAS) on Bush's official site though. Again, I'm not sure what all that means. I know there's some kind of legal reason you see all the "...I approved this message" statements in political ad campaigns these days. I wonder if that omission might be so that Bush can distance himself from this ad if that becomes necessary.

Hey, allz I know is, I don't want no god dang FLIP-FLOPPER in the white house! I mean, this KERRY guy... I mean first, he goes to fight for our cunt'ry... then he gots the go-nards to speak out AGAINST Vietnam. Hey FERRY... OOPS! I mean Kerry (lol)... Whyn't cha make up yer MIND, if ya GOTS one (lol)! Bush was FOR Nam all along, AND he got out of it, so he done outsmarteded ya TWICE! Oh yeah! And Bush don't look like one'a them god dang TREE people from the Wizard of Oz, lol! I mean... I ain't no FAG 'er nothin', ta notice that Bush looks GOOD in a way like that 'er whatever... I'm just... Um... VOTE fer BUSH ya COMMIE FAGGOTS!!!!!

Last edited by 3v3+Z : 08-05-2004 at 08:48 PM.
08-05-2004, 08:46 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

Wow! There seems to be an inordinate amount of traffic coming to this thread. And though I can't be sure what specific "moderating duties" are going on, there seems to be more of that going on than usual as well. I wonder who's radar we're on. Anybody else's ears burning?

Anyway, welcome visitors! Enjoy your stay. Please feel free to join in our conversation. We mean no harm. We are flag waving, God loving, troop supporting, red blooded Americans who simply feel that America can, MUST and WILL blow up the moon!!! We have the technology! The time is now! Children are our FUTURE!

Hey, wait... What's that MONKEE trying to say?

OH!!! It's a FULL moon!!!!! Thanks Davy!
08-05-2004, 10:54 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Send a message via AIM to CptPlanet Send a message via Yahoo to CptPlanet
I can't believe I missed this thread.
08-07-2004, 10:38 PM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z

I can, ya drug-sniffing DOG!
08-07-2004, 10:46 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ