BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Other Stuff > General Discussions > RIP Julie Self.

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

5InchTaint
127mm anogenital distance

It's a real smack in the puss, isn't it?

Last edited by 5InchTaint : 10-05-2005 at 02:28 AM.
10-05-2005, 01:20 AM 5InchTaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Rabot
Trustifarian

Send a message via AIM to Rabot
It's worse than that...and the strangest part is Ididn't even know her very well, yet I lost at least 3 hours of sleep last night and today I have been uncontrolably sad...even Mars Volta won't cheer me up like it should.

We miss you Julie.
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM Rabot is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
Summer 2006

Start saving money kids. We'll be meeting up next summer. Summer 2005 we met up in NY and there were about 16 of us who were able to get together and spend a few days laughing and crying.

Next summer we'll do it all over again.
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Send a message via AIM to CptPlanet Send a message via Yahoo to CptPlanet
Re: Summer 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
Start saving money kids. We'll be meeting up next summer. Summer 2005 we met up in NY and there were about 16 of us who were able to get together and spend a few days laughing and crying.

Next summer we'll do it all over again.
I actually cried till I laughed!
10-19-2005, 03:25 PM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
SSelf
Still Thinks Sat Night Live is Funny

Where will you meet up ? I know that Bobby and his wife would like to meet all of you. Texas is really a cool place. Although some of you might have to clean up your act. Bobby works for the San Antonio police department. He's not a policeman he's a CSI. I'm just joking, we all have a strange bond with all of you.
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM SSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
SSelf

oh shit Tommy, you just passed Julie . I wouldn't walk outside if I were you.
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM SSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
RRack
Never Heard The Spam Song

Jus FYI...

Found out that this Friday the 18th...ugh it just clicked, it happened on June 18th...Anyway, at 10pm central time, the Comedians of Comedy episode on Comedy Central will be dedicated to Julie. Patton emailed me a while back asking if I had pics of em hangin' out. Not sure if they'll use em or have a caption. Either way, very special.
11-14-2005, 01:04 AM RRack is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

that's awesome of them to do
11-14-2005, 01:33 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
klaus_kinski
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

That is so great. If it was possible, I can hear the conversation now:

ME: "Julie, they're dedicating an episode of Comedians of Comedy to you!! "

JULIE: "Shudduup..."

Man, she was modest about the shit she cared about. I miss that
11-14-2005, 10:11 AM klaus_kinski is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Quote:
Originally posted by klaus_kinski
That is so great. If it was possible, I can hear the conversation now:

ME: "Julie, they're dedicating an episode of Comedians of Comedy to you!! "

JULIE: "Shudduup..."

Man, she was modest about the shit she cared about. I miss that
"yeah because patton hates me"
11-14-2005, 10:46 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Pali
Meat meat meat.

Send a message via AIM to Pali
I've said it before, but God I wish I'd had the chance to meet her. Even once. I said I would go to that Patton Oswalt comedy central taping with her ages ago, really regret that I never went.

Anyway, the dedication is a perfect gesture.
11-14-2005, 01:04 PM Pali is offline   Reply With Quote
SSelf

She's watching

I know it sounds silly but I truly believe she is here with us. I've read so many books since all this happened. She thought it was so funny to put a rubber band on the kitchen sink sprayer so I would get drenched. In fact before I left that day, she did it one last time. She blamed Kyle, but I know she did it. Now the sprayer goes off on it's own. I'm still getting it without the rubber band. Please don't think I'm crazy, but I feel she looking after all of us.
11-14-2005, 01:06 PM SSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
A few years ago my cousin was killed in a car accident coming home after a night out.
My aunt had asked her to call if she wasn't going to come home, so that she'd know she was somewhere safe.

Well that night, my cousin never made it home, but my aunt received a phone call in the middle of the night, but there was no one on the other end of the phone.

So I don't know what that stuff means, but it has meaning.

Tommy and I were talking about Julie last night. She was so incredible. One of a kind in the most sincere way. She was so funny that it made me push myself to try and keep up with her.

No one has ever pushed me to try to be funny and creative like her.
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
SSelf

Shes watching

A few weeks after Julie passed at 3:30 A.M. {the wreck happened at 3:30 P.M. } Rocky {her Dad} and Ryan{one of her brothers} cell phones rang. Both of them were the last messages they had sent her . Scarey ......... So many things keep happening. I have to believe they mean something. Julies cat Farley never came out of her room. He wouldn't have anything to do with anyone but her. Now I can't get away from him. He'll sit in my lap and just stair at me. Sometimes I feel like he's looking through me. {yes he was named after Chris Farley} I can't explain it but I feel she is watching.
11-14-2005, 06:47 PM SSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
5InchTaint
127mm anogenital distance

My heartfelt condolences go out to you, brother. I barely knew Julie and yet, I feel like I have always known her. I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything but Julie was a very special person. It might be corny and/or cliché but I keep thinking of the Billy Joel song "Only the Good Die Young" whenever I think of her. I have never been so impacted by anothers passing so much as Julie's. By that I mean, no one has come up so often in my thoughts as much as she has. The amazing thing is that the thought of her fills me with such happiness and a smile and every now and then when I come upon an old post of her's I get sad but she never fails to crack me up. Her death seems so fucking meaningless but her LIFE seems so meaningful. At the very least, she's effected so many people and in such a good way. I know that statements such as that do little to console you and the fact you lost your sister. Her life meant something. Her life influenced people from all around the world. Her life made us all want to laugh and make others laugh and be happy. You're not crazy to think she's still around. I feel her spirit every day. She is still here with us.
11-16-2005, 05:09 AM 5InchTaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply