BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Other Stuff > General Discussions > RIP Julie Self.

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

Trixb4kids
Still Thinks Sat Night Live is Funny

im pretty new also and have read all of this, and it sounds like she was a very great person, very sorry...
07-28-2005, 08:15 PM Trixb4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
RizzleMcIzzle

I want to make a donation now, you guys. I finally have a little money coming my way and although it's not much, I figured I might as well put some of it to good use. That way, I'm not just pissing it all away on Saturday when I go to Philly's Comedians of Comedy show. So if you have any suggestions (I only glanced back at some of them earlier) I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM RizzleMcIzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
RRack
Never Heard The Spam Song

Bobby again...Had some spare time and digitized a video that Julie and friends did in high school. I believe that they won state for it. Sorry for the poor quality. I had to super compress it for web purposes...more to come soon...

http://homepage.mac.com/rrack/iMovieTheater51.html
08-01-2005, 05:54 PM RRack is offline   Reply With Quote
terris
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to terris
even more proof of the genius we lost, that and she had incredible taste in music based on that video, i actually did a double listen at the end when aphex twin came on, i thought only i liked good british techno

i wish julie had have been in new york she would of had a good time to say the least
08-02-2005, 03:18 PM terris is offline   Reply With Quote
klaus_kinski
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Seriously man, Terris is so right. And I'm not just agreeing with him because I miss her. The whole atmosphere of the evening was so her style. Drinking in the hostel, watching the show, the killer afterparty.... how much fun would she have had at that after party!!?? I mean, we had fun, but it pales in comparison to the fun she would have had. Think of all the comedians that were just lingering around.... jesus. Fuck. I am missing her so bad again. Way to go Terris!! You owe me a box of Kleenex (for the tears, not for that other stuff men tend to use Kleenex for).

Oh and from now on Bobby shall be called "Big Bobby Rackley".
08-02-2005, 04:51 PM klaus_kinski is offline   Reply With Quote
RRack
Never Heard The Spam Song

Sorry for posting nonsense but I gotta keep doing it...

Speaking of British bands...This is for JULIE! Many a late night hanging out at my house sittin' round the campfire ended up with us trying our best to belt out some Yaz! I love you JULIE!

Midniiiiiiiiight itís raining outside he must soaking wet
Everyone is sleeping tight
God knows I tried my best
Darling you know it looks bad
Just lost the best thing that I ever had
Still I donít know why I did him wrong
Itís too late now heís gone to say

Chorus
Baby oh no, canít leave me now
Said think about it please
Cos I love you and I need you
And I should have thought of that before I did you wrong

Heartache, heartache, yeah
When I saw his face I could see how bad Iíd let him down
Cheating when he was working hard, I just had to mess around
I knew from the start he ainít got much money
I should have stayed content with all that good sweet honey
Heís a good strong man and I love him so so how on earth can I let him go

Repeat chorus

And now itís midnight itís raining outside
And Iím soaking wet, still looking for that man of mine
And I ainít found him yet
Well all of this rain can wash away my tears
But nothing can replace all of those wasted years
In all of this I tell you I have learnt
Playing with fire gets you burnt
And Iím still burning

Repeat chorus

You say youíll lose your pride
Well donít you know dear, donít you know
Iíll lose so much more if you go now
Oh no...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juliequote3.jpg (47.6 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by RRack : 08-02-2005 at 10:03 PM.
08-02-2005, 08:38 PM RRack is offline   Reply With Quote
teengirlsquad
Female Jon Lovitz

Send a message via AIM to teengirlsquad
for you julie!

08-03-2005, 12:25 PM teengirlsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
tjamick
has seen pry's tits

Send a message via AIM to tjamick Send a message via Yahoo to tjamick
Oh, I forgot to bring this up, the first episode of The Comedians of Comedy is being dedicated to Julie.
08-06-2005, 11:39 AM tjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
huond
Mr. Show Roadie

Send a message via AIM to huond
I think dedicating the NYC episode to her would've been slightly more appropriate just because she was supposed to be there. That is awesome nonetheless.

When we were headed back to San Antonio from Houston after seeing them back in April, she wouldn't stop saying how Patton must hate her and asking a rhetorical "why is he always so mean to me?" When I talked to Patton for a couple minutes last week, his comment was "This isn't even just a tragedy; it's an injustice."

I was so happy when Zach did his "simple southern lady" character at last week's show: "[read with a feminine southern accent] I'm just so mad at the Taliban right now!" It was Julie's favorite. She said it reminded her of her mom. Sorry Susie!
08-06-2005, 12:23 PM huond is offline   Reply With Quote
tjamick
has seen pry's tits

Send a message via AIM to tjamick Send a message via Yahoo to tjamick
I believe that the NYC show is the first episode.
08-06-2005, 02:08 PM tjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
Message to Susan Self:

It's Nick, from Canada. I called you a while back talking about how Julie and I met in New York. I told you that Julie was one of my inspirations for trying stand up comedy. You told me to "go for it". Well, just wanted to let you know that I did. And it went really well. Thanks for all your encouragement. I got up there and did it for Julie and I know I couldn't have done it without your support. You're an amazing woman and I know Julie wouldn't have had so much fun in life if it hadn't been for you. I didn't send this message privately because I want everyone who reads it to go out and try something new and exciting. Take a chance. All that jazz. But don't masterbate in church. Seriously.

Love Nick. Still thinking aboot you guys.
08-07-2005, 02:14 PM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride...

- Bill Hicks

...all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves.

- Bill Hicks

...remember... it's just a ride.
08-08-2005, 12:21 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
scotch-romanian

...wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

-Bill Hicks / SBJ
08-08-2005, 12:42 AM scotch-romanian is offline   Reply With Quote
SSelf
Still Thinks Sat Night Live is Funny

Thank You

Thank you so much for all of your comments about Julie. It really means a lot to me to see how much all of you guys care. She never failed to embarass me and shock me with the things that came out of her mouth... but looking back now i think i miss it. For instance the first night she met Patton and all those boys she called me at 6:30 in the morning and told me that she was being gang raped...and then she hung up and wouldnt answer my calls, because they told her to call her mom and say something "funny". I know i was the brunt of 1/2 of her jokes. I know she cared a lot about all of you guys... and im sure she would be laughing reading all of this.
08-09-2005, 09:00 PM SSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Send a message via AIM to CptPlanet Send a message via Yahoo to CptPlanet
Re: Thank You

Quote:
Originally posted by SSelf
Thank you so much for all of your comments about Julie. It really means a lot to me to see how much all of you guys care. She never failed to embarass me and shock me with the things that came out of her mouth... but looking back now i think i miss it. For instance the first night she met Patton and all those boys she called me at 6:30 in the morning and told me that she was being gang raped...and then she hung up and wouldnt answer my calls, because they told her to call her mom and say something "funny". I know i was the brunt of 1/2 of her jokes. I know she cared a lot about all of you guys... and im sure she would be laughing reading all of this.
Thank you for reading this, and posting. I knew she was good at taking things way too far but I'd never heard that story before. I got a good laugh out of imagining her doing something like that.
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply