BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Artist Discussion > Kids in the Hall > My Fabulous Gay Wedding, Scott Thompson TV Special.

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
My Fabulous Gay Wedding, Scott Thompson TV Special.

I saw an ad for this show today. I don't know anything about it. I saw Scott Thompson in the ad and it appears he will be hosting. Then I googled for more info and got this article:

Canadian Tire Retracts Statement on Sponsorship of Pro-Gay ‘Marriage’ Show

TORONTO, February 28, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Two weeks ago LifeSiteNews.com reported that Canadian Tire was standing behind its sponsorship of a controversial show called “My Fabulous Gay Wedding.” Since that time the corporate offices of Canadian Tire have been showered with calls, emails and faxes, not only from concerned patrons but also from local store owners who were confronted by customers. Susan Rogers, Senior Vice President of Canadian Tire Corporate Affairs, spoke with LifeSiteNews.com today to clarify the situation.

Rogers admitted that the LifeSiteNews.com story was “completely accurate based on the information that you had been provided” by Canadian Tire. She added however that the information which was being sent out by Canadian Tire’s customer service representatives “was propagating a falsehood.”

“Canadian Tire is not a sponsor of this program in any way shape or form,” she said. “Our involvement was to allow the producers of this series to shoot one segment in a Canadian Tire store. We did not receive compensation for use of our facilities nor did we pay any money to the producers. Canadian Tire has not funded the (My Fabulous Gay Wedding) program or facilitated its production through any paid advertising.”

Rogers said she was not certain how rigorous the consideration of the request to film the pro-gay ‘marriage’ show in the store was but she added, “I can tell you we’ll be much more diligent in the future.”

Rogers apologized for the misinformation in the original customer response email. She added however, “Canadian Tire takes no position on the definition of family; we consider that a decision best left to Canadian society as a whole.”

My Fabulous Gay Wedding, a six part series is to air on Global Television in May, one segment will include footage of Canadian Tire focusing on it’s gift registry.

See related LifeSiteNews.com coverage:
Canadian Tire Stands Behind Sponsorship of ‘My Fabulous Gay Wedding’
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/feb/05021408.html
05-07-2005, 01:07 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
terris
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to terris
i can't wait to see what the american's think canadian tire is.
05-07-2005, 02:25 AM terris is offline   Reply With Quote
teengirlsquad
Female Jon Lovitz

Send a message via AIM to teengirlsquad
Dear Canadian Tire,
Where will i buy my paint now that I think you are a homo?
Signed,
Canada
05-07-2005, 09:03 AM teengirlsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
fritter
enjoys

canadian tired is what i am after reading three straight posts from your gay country.

oh, and i'll be there next week on a fly fishing trip.
05-07-2005, 10:31 AM fritter is offline   Reply With Quote
teengirlsquad
Female Jon Lovitz

Send a message via AIM to teengirlsquad
my post was totally gay
05-07-2005, 10:44 AM teengirlsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
fritter
enjoys

it was definitely a bit faggotized, but still straight.
05-07-2005, 11:10 AM fritter is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
Quote:
Originally posted by fritter
canadian tired is what i am after reading three straight posts from your gay country.

oh, and i'll be there next week on a fly fishing trip.
okay that's funny.

except I'm curious: Is Canada gay because we have sex with other gay countries? OR, are we only gay because we allow people like you to fly fish?

Help me out

but don't really.
05-07-2005, 11:25 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
5InchTaint
127mm anogenital distance

This show is now being aired on American TV. It's on the LOGO network and has been retitled "First Comes Love". Scott Thompson is pretty funny in it but it's hard to get through a show about gay weddings.

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...ing/index.html

http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/...e/series.jhtml
11-08-2005, 02:14 AM 5InchTaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Roddimus
if wishes were horses

Send a message via AIM to Roddimus
WOW!
A gay centric show that relies on more than smelly post-college losers and caddy bourgeois blondes to be entertaining.
Thank you Canada!
11-08-2005, 12:03 PM Roddimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply