BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Artist Discussion > Janeane Garofalo > Janeane fans? HELLO?!

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

sizzlingsteaks
Still Thinks Sat Night Live is Funny

Janeane fans? HELLO?!

Any Janeane fans here at all? I have two of her stand-up shows on the computer.
03-09-2004, 09:09 AM sizzlingsteaks is offline   Reply With Quote
ks501
Loves Carrot Top

Send a message via AIM to ks501 Send a message via Yahoo to ks501
I don't really like her a whole hell of a lot, but shes funny on occasion. Shes not straight forward enough for me though.

Do what you need to do today to make tomorrow better
03-12-2004, 04:29 PM ks501 is offline   Reply With Quote
chucknoblet
Ali G's Half Brother

she was so wonderful on the ben stiller show, but its hard to take her too seriously now when her career seems to be built on speaking out against society's problems and then showing up in glamour magazines - seems like she's kinda gone the dennis miller route.
03-15-2004, 06:53 PM chucknoblet is offline   Reply With Quote
sizzlingsteaks

yeah...Dennis Miller has always bugged me though, with his thinks-he-is-so-clever-obscure-references. Now he's even more annoying, because he jumped ship to the Republican Party to get his own show on cable news after he got canned. Traitor. Doesn't stand for anything.
03-20-2004, 08:18 AM sizzlingsteaks is offline   Reply With Quote
BlanketSkies
Never Heard The Spam Song

Hey, I'm a Janeane fan.

I haven't heard what she's been doing lately. I saw her in 2001 when she came to Dallas. I've agreed with most of the things she has said (politically), although I do not know EVERYTHING she stands for therefore i can't say i agree with her completely. Regardless, I still like her.
03-22-2004, 06:36 PM BlanketSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Epsilon

I used to think she was hot. I guess she still is, a little. Hell, I'd do her.
03-22-2004, 10:53 PM Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
Wouldn't it be great if ugly women didn't have the right to vote? Think about it....
03-23-2004, 09:00 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this here -- maybe I just missed it -- but she's gonna be doing TALK RADIO. The people who don't dig her politics might wanna skip this. She's gonna be on Al Franken's Air America radio network, which is set to launch March 31st. She's got the evening slot, 8 to 11pm EST, and her show is called "The Majority Report".

I also see the names Lizz Winstead & Marc Maron on their schedule.

I never understood why actors and comedians and musicians shouldn't be allowed to express strong and serious political opinions. I mean, as long as they're informed, right? J.G. always seems to be able to back up her points well, from what I've seen.
03-23-2004, 01:59 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Anyone educated on the issues should speak up and inform those who aren't. I think it's just tougher for musicians and actors because their business is VERY structured. If your views are different than some hot shot producer, he might not want to work with you. It could be suicide for your career. (see the Dennis Miller thread for more details)

Also, I don't think people with terminal diseases should have the right to vote either.
03-23-2004, 02:28 PM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
sizzlingsteaks

Quote:
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
Also, I don't think people with terminal diseases should have the right to vote either.
Hmmm...good point. Maybe we should humour them and let them vote, but the votes shouldn't count.

Did anyone see Janeane on Crossfire? Apparently she's on CNN a lot, especially Crossfire. I don't watch that shit cuz Carlson Tucker is an idiot, but she was blond on it, looking good too.
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM sizzlingsteaks is offline   Reply With Quote
chucknoblet
Ali G's Half Brother

this is good? wow.
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM chucknoblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Epsilon

I don't care for the dyed blonde hair or the granny glasses, but a few years ago she was fuckin hot. Anyway, her radio show is great. I listen to Air America's streaming audio on the 'net.
04-07-2004, 10:29 PM Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has weird "body image" issues. A few years back she was using ridiculous amounts of tan-in-a-bottle type stuff. And I never got the "fat" thing that she's been known to complain about, either. I've seen plenty of disgustingly fat people in my life. I saw several walking through a mall TODAY. That just ain't her. I don't get it. Then a couple years ago or so, I saw her apologizing that she did lose the 10 lbs. or whatever it was she vowed in her stand up that she wouldn't sell out and lose. I swear I couldn't tell the difference!

I don't know though, I've never really been into fantasizing about doin' celebrities. I think my self esteem is too low to let myself believe that I'd have any kind of shot with someone famous. And I've always kinda thought -- and tell me if this is weird -- that guys who go on and on about the "hot" model/actress/whatever of the moment were a little homo-suspicious. Whether it's Farah Faucet or Cindy Crawford or Pam Anderson or whoever the fuck the current hot chick is... I don't get it. It just seems like they trying to hide something, so they go out of their way to make it known that they would have no problem fucking so&so. Does that make any sense at all?

I don't know. I wouldn't go out of my way to set something up with Janeane, but I would much sooner go for her than someone like Pam Anderson. Then we'd both feel really awkward afterwards.

I'm not big on tats. That's a turn off. But I do kinda dig those glasses though.

Okay, I'm sharing WAY too much on a forum where nobody knows me or gives two shits what I think. sorry.
04-07-2004, 11:07 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Epsilon

Hmm... very revealing.
04-08-2004, 12:14 AM Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

i was very aroused and grossed out at the same time. I think Janeane Garfieldofo is hot because she is smart and confident. There IS more of her to love baby.
04-08-2004, 08:35 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply